What's new

Anyone grown Darkstar from Thseeds?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Not to often do I wander into the strains forum for some reason, but glad I did. Buddy gave me a DarkStar a while back.

She has never been under any dedicated light and has been generally abused off to the size of a t5, then off to the side of some 1ks. I decided to flower her out in the room between my tables. She's not the greatest looking as she's been in a 2 gal pot and has dried several times on me.

Never got around to cloning her unfortunately. That was pretty dumb. Looks like a decent strain. Grew up next to the "The Purps" in the same conditions and thrived and got much larger in size.

Week 4 or thereabouts

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
An earlier shot of her.

picture.php

and here she is after hanging out in the shadows of the t5 a few weeks after I was given her from a clone. Big plant for never having a dedicated light overhead. She grew quick and seems pretty hardy and easy to grow.

picture.php

newGroath

thats a mighty big plant in that little cup :biggrin:
she looks like shes doing well though ! tough girl you got..

how did she smell in veg ? thinking about keeping a bonsai until i get a better setup

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Not the greatest shot, but here is another shot of the Darkstar at around 7.5 weeks flower.

picture.php

Wish I would have thinned her lowers a bit. I let this go pretty much all natural and didn't even clone. Going to try to clone a small air bud off of her bottom to hopefully retain the genetics.

Anchorite

I pretty much gave up on this strain. We've gone through about 50 females and never really found a keeper.

I'm glad you got a good one.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Here she is right before the chop.. around 78 days or so.

I really like how this strain turned out given the circumstances. Never directly under a light and still produced extremely dense resinous nugs. I didn't clone this plant, but would like to see what she can do in a dedicated run trained & pruned. I'll have to grab her back sometime from the buddy who gifted her to me.

This plant experienced extremely cold night temps for about 10 days while I was away and had no real heat source except for lights on.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RoostaPhish

Veteran
If you can find a pheno that is like my original clone only Darkstar you are a lucky person. Adam made a mess of this, and the original seed stock was confiscated when I got in trouble a decade ago. We called her the silencer, because no matter who we were puffing with, within a few minutes we would be the only ones still talking, everyone else would be staring at the wall. Amazing smell and flavor, unlike anything else I have found. THSeeds has the genetic makeup of the original variety all wrong. It was a black domina female from lake county ca X to the sensi star male. This male is known as the sensi stud in the mitten and has ben around since the mid nineties.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Isn't that not that uncommon? Adam Dunn having the genetic makeup of a strain wrong? They're pushing Underdawg og seeds made from a stardawg illuminati cut.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
It came from yours truly bud. And yes many would consider me a head, of many types. She is actually a Michigan bred variety. I discussed her with adam at the 05 cup and shortly there after it was in the haram. The cross to the mazar seems to make the variety very unstable for some reason, probably because it is a f1 I believe. The same sensi star lineage is being spread around the state in the female form as the pre 95, kinda a new name for her.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
This plant was given to me as a single clone from a friend. It hung outside the edges of a T5 for much of her life and then was continued in the "walkway" between two 1000w adjust a wings.

It didn't give me the massive buds or anything, but I'm happy with what she did do given the circumstances. I didn't clone her, but going to try to get her back from a friend who I believe still holds this mother. Want to see what she can do actually trained, stripped, and under a dedicated light.

Here is another shot of her right before harvest. I removed a lot of the big fan leaves preparing for the chop right before the pic.

picture.php

natter

got 2 seeds from a self pollinated darkstar hermi(showed male at the end at bottoms buds)...
both popped very fast(2days) an turned out to be fully female until so far... first one had grown onto 160cm(45cm veg) in bloom and will be chopped end of this week(hoping to upload some pics here),70 days, aroma is something betweeen berrys and jam, very frosty, decent cola, nice side branches, expecting at least 50gramms

(coco/perlit 11litres,organic nutrients green buzz liquids, 600w hps...)

the other one still got 3 weeks and grows a little bit shorter(135cm) than and more xmas-tree like(indica)....
so maybe see us next week ;)
greets from germany

spazspaz

got 2 seeds from a self pollinated darkstar hermi(showed male at the end at bottoms buds)...aroma is something betweeen berrys and jam, very frosty, decent cola...

greets from germany

I got some in breeder packaging and had at least a couple phenos. The one that survived a goofy winter of neglect sounds like the above odor profile. The leaves on this one are quite narrow and long, unlike most of what other are showing on this thread. Really stretchy plant, but very exciting fruity aroma that looses much of its sweetness after about 7 weeks flowering. Also--no purpling, not even in prolonged very cold darkness (indoors.) I would have hoped to keep the extremely broad leaved phenos, but this is what I got. And, after killing the mother, I got either a self-polination seed, or an accidental cross with some other funny stuff I tried to kill off.

I'm going to keep playing with this weird Darkstar pheno, mainly because it just doesn't seem to want to go away, and because a gal I know says it makes her horny. Still waiting to gender the offspring.