What's new

Anyone growing in the lower mainland,BC with a license?

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Quick question for those of you growing with a license in a residential home. Has anyone been staying under the 93 kwh daily limit? For those of you going over that number, what is your daily average, how long have you been growing at that number and have you received any inspections from the city? If you have had an inspection please list the city and what happened.

Reason I ask is I am getting a 65 plant license between the wife and I and it will be nearly impossible to stay under the 93kwh daily usage with anything more than 3 lights with our current power usage. What would you guys do? Continue as planned, try and stay under everyone's radar by using 3 lights and trying to stay under the 93kwh daily usage? Or fuck it and add another 5-6 lights? Thanks

I wouldnt worry too much about inspections. Just make sure your electrical is up to code. Get a qualified electrician and use CSA/ETL certified ballasts with 600v lamp cords. You should be good. I have friends in Abbotsford and Chiliwack running 30 lights with multiple 5 ton A/Cs, dedicated veg rooms etc. City doesnt come inspect unless you apply for permits. And health canada DEFINATELY doesnt come inspect lol. Have at er bro. Happy growing.

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Electrically it will be 100%. Only thing my electrician said that they would give me grief on is that I didn't use armored cable. Not sure how fucking picky they are for that?? All wires are inside the wall behind orca grow film and insulation.

While we are on the topic of electricity consumption. Does anyone know when big amounts of electricity is being consumed, if hydro just offers up that info to the cops or do the cops ask them if a certain address is using lots of power?? Something I've always wondered about?!?

vukman

Veteran
Electrically it will be 100%. Only thing my electrician said that they would give me grief on is that I didn't use armored cable. Not sure how fucking picky they are for that?? All wires are inside the wall behind orca grow film and insulation.

While we are on the topic of electricity consumption. Does anyone know when big amounts of electricity is being consumed, if hydro just offers up that info to the cops or do the cops ask them if a certain address is using lots of power?? Something I've always wondered about?!?

armoured cable is usually for commercial and if you're growing at home, I really can't see why he would complain about that. I doubt that in any home building codes it would stipulate that armoured cable/bx cable is needed for any application. I mean the stove draws how many amps and watts?? There isn't a need for bx there so I don't understand the issue unless he wants to fleece you for extra money.

Good Luck

TURBD

Runner till the transformer on your street blows up. Then remove a couple lights.
Then you will know your at the "limit".

P

powerrobbie

Why does it even matter if the hydro company reports you to the police when you are a legal grower, not over your plant count and everything is up to code?? Worst case is the cops pay you a visit, you prove your legal and then they never bother you again...

Green Supreme

Veteran
Kinda hard to explain to the neighbors after. I mean its not like just one plain clothed cop shows up, its a team of folks. Sure raises attention on you in your neighborhood. Peace GS

LEDNewbie

Veteran
armoured cable is usually for commercial and if you're growing at home, I really can't see why he would complain about that. I doubt that in any home building codes it would stipulate that armoured cable/bx cable is needed for any application. I mean the stove draws how many amps and watts?? There isn't a need for bx there so I don't understand the issue unless he wants to fleece you for extra money.

Good Luck

I'm thinking my electrician said that because I'm only using poly and reflective material on the walls, no drywall or plywood?

DrFever

Veteran
LED one of the most important things is eletrical like you mentioned you are making a room to go with over kill is better SAFETY FIRST especially when at drawing stages
you mentioned 63 plants between you and wife ???? seems allot of plants for it being legal, i searched on Health canada's MMA card status were talking about so many plants per no where do i see over like 12 plants
i know a person with a MMA card to grow he has AIDS and he is only allowed to got 8 plants indoor including all plants clones , veg and flower only 8 plants
how do you get 64 plant count between you and your wife ??????
and he can only grow 4 plants out door
now i also read you can grow for like 2 more people now becoming a care giver as well as wife gf or so on in your house hold , etc so i think max grown can be for 4 card holders per household ??? so being a care giver for 4 people
that still won't get you to 63 plant count ??? i don't think not 100 percent sure ,
but why run so many plants do less then you can run 2k of lighting you will still have a very good grow with 2 k

Green Supreme

Veteran
DrFever the largest license is now 750 gram/day. That's over 3000 plants. According to my lawyer friend HC does not consider 100 grams/day uncommon. Maximum licenses 2/per person. Peace GS

DrFever

Veteran
DrFever the largest license is now 750 gram/day. That's over 3000 plants. According to my lawyer friend HC does not consider 100 grams/day uncommon. Maximum licenses 2/per person. Peace GS

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/marihuana/how-comment/medpract/help-aide/daily-quotidienne-eng.php

i found this july 2012

CBC News Posted: Jul 5, 2012 3:45 PM ET Last Updated: Jul 6, 2012 1:19 PM ET Read 405 comments405
Burlington resident John Fattore uses medicinal marijuana to treat the pain that stems from ankylosing spondylitis. (Julia Chapman/CBC)
Facebook
Twitter

Email
Related Stories
Medical marijuana growers uninspected by Health Canada
Should Health Canada centralize medical marijuana production?
CBC's Duncan McCue goes inside a B.C. compassion club
Health Canada plans to no longer allow individuals to grow marijuana for medical use, with all approved grow operations instead being produced by larger industrial growers.

Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq said the agency is moving to eliminate personal grow-ops that will not require inspection.

"We are moving forward in looking at medical marijuana in terms of how any other prescription drug is accessed," the minister said.

More than 15,000 people are licensed to grow medical marijuana in Canada, but Health Canada has no record of staff ever inspecting any of the growers, CBC News has learned.

Medical marijuana by the numbers
As of May 29, 2012:

19,482 people had a permit to possess medical marijuana
12,649 had a licence to grow medical marijuana
2,550 people were designated to grow
Burlington resident John Fattore has ankylosing spondylitis, a disease that causes inflammation of the joints between the spinal bones.

It has destroyed his feet and makes him experience immense pain. He spent years bedridden, taking OxyContin and Percocet to ease the pain.

"It will kill him," said his wife Brenda of the disease.

By chance, Brenda met Hamilton's Derek Pedro, a Health Canada designated medical marijuana grower and user, at a doctor's office. He recommended her husband try it.

"The pain relief was instant," Brenda said.

Health Canada implemented its medical marijuana access regulations in 2001. Under the program, people with "grave and debilitating illnesses" can be granted legal access to marijuana for medicinal purposes. People seeking a permit apply in writing to Health Canada, with a supporting document from a medical practitioner.

People who are licensed by Health Canada to possess medical marijuana can then apply for a permit to grow it for personal use, or to have someone else grow it for them through a "designated-person production licence" if they weren't able to grow their own.

Fattore has had a licence to grow marijuana for personal use for two years and now grows his plants on Pedro's property. He no longer spends his days in bed, but is mobile in a motorized wheelchair.

As of May 2012, over 12,000 people have a licence to grow medical marijuana. (Julia Chapman/CBC)
Brenda says he uses half of the pharmaceutical medicine he used to, and some days, doesn't take any at all.

The Hamilton Spectator reported that in June, the RCMP charged Pedro with trafficking marijuana and conspiracy to produce marijuana. Police allege he indirectly sold 500 marijuana clones to undercover police officers involved in the probe. Clones are the rooted cuttings of adult marijuana plants.

Pedro is out on $2,500 bail for a court appearance in London, Ont. in July.

Brenda was a health care aid before she quit her job to take care of her husband. At first, she was uneasy about John using medical marijuana.

P.O.V. Should Health Canada centralize medicinal marijuana production? Take our poll.

"I was paranoid for my husband to use it because of my medical background," she said. "Now I totally believe in the transformation of the sick."

If the Fattores are no longer allowed to have a license to grow medical marijuana, Brenda said they will "absolutely not" be able to afford marijuana at the price health Canada will charge — $150 an ounce. Fattore uses half an ounce a day.

"He'll have to go back on hydromorphine and he'll be a vegetable in bed," she said.

"The government wants the money," she said. "They don't want the little guys taking care of the sick people."

Curtis Wallace, a designated grower who works with Pedro, said he's in the business because of the "satisfaction of helping people" — and because he believes in the plant.

A 2010 report prepared by the RCMP for the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police analyzed 190 cases of medical marijuana abuse. Just over one-third of the cases documented in the study involved trafficking or the production of more marijuana than permitted in the licence.

Ottawa isn't expected to unveil new medical marijuana rules until 2014. In the meantime, Health Canada keeps issuing individual growing permits for a program it struggles to police.

Tactician

I'm thinking my electrician said that because I'm only using poly and reflective material on the walls, no drywall or plywood?

I`ve worked on several HC designated grows and not once did inspector want armored cable. Flexible 14/3 SOOW 600V rated cable is ideal. If you must use armored cable, get the THHN stranded copper wires, easier to wirenut to the mogul wires and if it`s wired to a flip box, it`s easy to add ring terminals to the ends and screw the the flip relays.

DrFever

Veteran
I`ve worked on several HC designated grows and not once did inspector want armored cable. Flexible 14/3 SOOW 600V rated cable is ideal. If you must use armored cable, get the THHN stranded copper wires, easier to wirenut to the mogul wires and if it`s wired to a flip box, it`s easy to add ring terminals to the ends and screw the the flip relays.

SOOW is same stuff i use for my mig welder on 220 lol expensive stuff

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Doc, more than likely won't even use half of the 65 plant total. But at least it gives me the flexibility to have plants in flower, in veg plus a large amount of clones where I can hand pick the best ones to proceed into veg and discard the weak ones.

I got a 35 plant license, the wife got a 30.....

LEDNewbie

Veteran

Did the places you helped at have drywall or just poly/reflective material on the walls that the electrical wires were in behind? Do you mind stating what city's came and did the inspection? Were they called in or did they come on there own?

Everything is all wired with 14/3, nothing will be loaded no where near the max. Each light is on it's own home run. This is my own home and wouldn't risk anything or chance a fire...

I will be starting off with a 3 light grow but have enough room to make it a 6 light grow..... Just trying to figure out if it's worth going over that fucking 93 kwh rule or not???

shizznit

Wow, so many people out of the loop.
Check your legal precedents people....

The EFSI team's inspections have been found in court to be unlawful, they aren't even in business anymore, despite the papers running misleading articles.
If they show up at your home, have the relevant info at hand and ask them to leave....

LEDNewbie

Veteran
Wow, so many people out of the loop.
Check your legal precedents people....

The EFSI team's inspections have been found in court to be unlawful, they aren't even in business anymore, despite the papers running misleading articles.
If they show up at your home, have the relevant info at hand and ask them to leave....

Are you saying they aren't doing these inspections if you are above 93 kwh's??? I've fucking spent HOURS on the net reading and all I can find is talk about this 93 kwh rule and if you go over you could get a city inspection...???

When did this get removed and why?

What would be relevant info? Health Canada Documents?

Latest posts

Latest posts