What's new

Anyone grow a strain that didn't need a cure?

ayatayo

It has nothing to do with the variety of the plant, it is all about how it was grown. However a cure will only improve the flavor as you will be smoking less chlorophyll and water. This is what the dry and cure are for. If you grow a strain without over fertilizing it and flush well you will have a product that will be ready to smoke off the plant. However, it will always have a bit of a hayish taste until the degradation of chlorophyll and evaporation of water hits a proper equilibrium. Again, plant variety has nothing to do with it.

yeah I'm with that:tiphat:....

Avinash.miles:
not in my experience.
i grew many strains at one point, all the same method, only some strains could b smoked (enjoyably) before having a proper cure

Hi A.miles...IMO that's because your "same method" is just better suited-calibrated for the strains-phenos you've noticed "smoked (enjoyably) before having a proper cure"....

cheers...

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Happy Brother from Karma Genetics. Best when fresh !

Try three weeks minimum flush also. I can tell my herb is perfectly flushed when it smokes super nice after a quick drying (48h).

L

LEX-UK

Cheese is better fresh.

who ever said chemdog needs to cure it at least 6 weeks for best results.. i find the chems to cure longest and best, for sure its nice fresh but sooo better cured. smoking some 3month cured chem4 atm mmmmm yum!

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Curing the herb though, is not only about getting rid of the harsh clorophyle, which by the way, is just a big problem with the growers who tend to over fertilize during flowering... many people like to get yellow leaves before harvest! As someone said, is about how the grass was grown not the strain itself. However, curing is also about the chemical changes that ocur in the cannabinoids.

The terpenoids I think i've read somewhere that they tend to deteriorate and change much faster than cannabinoids after the harvest, and this changes never seem to be useful like with the cannabinoids in some circumstances, when the high becomes better for some purposes with a long curing.

Let's see if anyone can bring some light to the topic..

S

Scrappy-doo

I've grown out hundreds of different plants. There are some that smell and taste great immediately once dry, and others that do not which may need a cure, and still others to which even a nice long cure does not help.

The last 2 are what I call garbage. You take a garbage plant and give it to a superb grower who does everything right, and it's still gonna be garbage. I'll agree it will definitely smoke better when grown properly, but it's only going to be as good as it's genetically capable of being.