What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYONE ever get purple out of there WW ?

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a purple pheno, out of a White Widow grow, My friend is considering growing WW by femaleseeds.nl and was wondering if anyone has ran into that, if so post pics !

Well I'm trying to work that out for myself, but I think that it does matter!!! I had 2 plants of the purple pheno and one of the white pheno. The White pheno had dark green leaves and very light green buds, with a lower yield.

I did not have enough space in my grow room, so flowered white pheno outside in a mild Mediterranean winter (Ok, a bit of snow), but still managed, albeit with a long slow finish. The Purple pheno had a much higher yield, but very fluffy buds with a sweet spicy aroma, and earthy taste (cure not comlete), a very strong almost body high. Smoke is mild and does not have a very strong smell. The White pheno is more sweet, less spicy almost liquorice smell, very nice taste. This is also strong, and very difficult to work out which one has a nicer high. Hah, its fun trying to work out though. White pheno makes quite horny!!! :D So both phenos interesting!!!

Not so easy to reveg WW's even though I left quite a bit of growth, decided to plant 10 seeds of each pheno tomorrow, I think that these should be feminised seed, right??? DP's and a Cretan Sativa have already started revegging quite strongly, so I will just regrow these, and flower as soon as the WW have germinated and had a short veg. Going to try finishing them off in 2lt pots, has anyone used such small pots.

These are both pics of the purple pheno, grown under CFL's.

Trimmed yield from 6 plants under 480W CFL's. WW Purple pheno is 2nd from left on top row and early harvest in tupper below left. Haven't got a scale, guess the weight anyone?

Oh yes the Durban Poison have dense heavy buds, so fluffiness not caused by the limited light. Cretan Sativa also has compact buds.

Hi Ganja, I got my seeds from Amsterdammarijuanaseeds. Do you know anything about their genetics? Very interested to hear if anyone does.

Yeah, I'm quite excited about planting seeds from each pheno. Then I'll be even more clear on the difference, they're both a very tasty smoke and very easy on the lungs. I have sensitive lungs, and that smoke is so so sweet! :yummy:

With the DP's, I hack my lungs out!!!:frown:

Here' a link to JaHarvester's history on White Genetics...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21470&highlight=white+widow

This has confused the heck out of me, all I can say is that both phenos should have different genetics, but how can one identify which?:confused:

Hi Ganja, these guys were purple from early in flower, the ones I dried quickly for a taste while growing were almost black!!! Now after the cure, more a dark brown. Nice sweet mild taste with a hint of earth. :yummy:

I didn't much care for the white pheno initially, so let her flower outside on a covered terrace, and kept the 2 purple phenos in the cabinet...no space, and the purple ones were bigger. Very nice smoke and good yield for Cfl's.

The white pheno had darker leaves and compact light green buds and did reasonably well outdoors. Despite a rather low yield the smoke is sweet, and tastier than the purple pheno, maybe more earthy. It's strong, sort of jelly legs type stuff. Certainly forget what you're doing, I like it!!! :tongue:

Yesterday I germinated a few beans of each pheno, to compare the 2 phenos grown under better lights. Thinking to flower early in 2 lt pots under 400W HPS. Maybe 3 weeks veg. Am I wasting my time with such small containers?

My plants must have somehow self fertilized because there were no males, nor hermies, but some have a few seeds. I understand that these seeds will be feminized, will they take after the mother, or of whatever pollinated them??

Not familiar with high genetics yet!!!:D