What's new

Anyone else watchin the LUNAR ECLIPSE tonight?

ToKEN

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Jack D Ripper said:
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark

unless the suns hitting it...then it's the bright side of the moon. Fact is we only see one side of it...the other side is the "dark side of the moon" because we never see it.

but either way I love space man...and this eclipse made my month :) what a beautiful site.

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
I inspected my photo a little more closely & have found a few more spots. Some bright some dull & possible doubling up of 2 stars close by each other. The most interesting were the blue spot & the red ring spot.

I've marked all spots with arrows. You can match the crops up by using this image. Some are in my gallery & may be larger.

Here's the blueish spot south of the moon.

Here's the reddish ring.

The lower bright star appears to be 2 objects.

Last edited:
G

Just found this here http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-md.eclipse20feb20,0,4553064.story

"Saturn will be hovering just a few degrees from the moon, making it unusually easy to spot," Heyn said. "Viewed from Earth, the tilt of the rings varies. ... While their tilt is currently only one-third their maximum, they remain an exciting sight."

Saturn will be the "star" just below the moon, to the left. The true star above the moon is Regulus in the constellation Leo.

S

socioecologist

Sick Eclipse, Incredible Saturn Rings

Sick Eclipse, Incredible Saturn Rings

Had the full red lunar eclipse in the Pacific Northwest, on a cloudless warm evening for this time of year. The moon was incredible to watch. But the show-stealer was Saturn. You could see the colors from her rings sparkling in the Southern sky--very cool. Would have been even better with a telescope.

And can we take it back to what really matters here--what are we all smoking? It's been Kali Mist and Jack the Ripper for me tonight, but I see some Widow in the near future...it was a long week at the plant. What about the rest of you?

The Eclipse

Saturn Rings

dbuzz

Veteran
i went out 30 minutes ago and must have missed it? =/ super bright and not a hint of red

ShootinBudz

I saw it on the drive to san francisco last night, pretty cool. I saw my first UFO on the last eclipse this winter.

Last night was awesome I was going to see marilyn manson with my girlfriend! The energy was incredible and I think they made a point to do the freakshow, In THE freakshow on the night of the full moon eclipse!

Latest posts

Latest posts