What's new

Anyone else got royal blood?

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Woodstock
We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.
csn-761386.jpg

This is why i want to be cremated and used as fertilizer. Might as well speed the process, id hate to be pickled, and NOT rot in box for eternity.

Think about if you were a dinosaur, stuck in the ground for 200 million years, only to be pumped up as oil and turned into a disposable tampon applicator for (another) eternity.

It aint me.

CCR-FG-600x784.jpg

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is why i want to be cremated and used as fertilizer. Might as well speed the process, id hate to be pickled, and NOT rot in box for eternity.

Think about if you were a dinosaur, stuck in the ground for 200 million years, only to be pumped up as oil and turned into a disposable tampon applicator for (another) eternity.

It aint me.

View Image

omg your right. I have to be cremated and launched into space like Hunter S. Thompson. I can not be turned into plastic.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
i want to be added to houseplants that should be given out at my 'service'.

Make my relatives keep me alive.

Herbalista

Family of man is what we all are. Just hope ya'll are'nt the sponginging kinda cousin;...Best FREE genealogy site has got to be >family search .org.< there are two sites{old and new}. One other kinda "neat" site is >Humphreysfamilytree< he has some amusing info. Apparently, Elvis is a descandant of evil King John {by son Richard De Cornwall}. Being the family historian is not appreciated or even thought about by some,but hey, like the man said we all come from mother Africa! True that.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
We do come from the stars lol..

We do come from the stars lol..

More Evidence that Life First Came from Comets

Many people believe the seeds of life on Earth came from someplace else — but there's always been a huge stumbling block for this theory. Any amino acids carried on a meteor would have needed to survive the intense journey through the Earth's atmosphere, in order to be the origin of life on our planet.
But now, new research has shown the building blocks of life might not just have lived through the journey — it might have triggered their transformation.
Top image: Comet Hale-Bopp, photographed by Kevin Dooley/Flickr.
New research by NASA is being presented at the ACS Spring Meeting, and lead researched Dr. Jennifer Blank and her team have shown that the amino acids we know are on board meteoroids can survive the trip to becoming meteorites.
Blank's research team simulated the trip the amino acids would have taken through the atmosphere by blasting them with a gas gun, a device capable of shooting a high-pressure shot of gas at supersonic speeds. The amino acids would have been protected by being on the interior of the comets, and the heat and shock of the trip and impact was not enough to break them down. In fact, pressure from the impact apparently counteracted the intense heat and even supplied the energy needed for the amino acids to start forming peptide bonds, allowing the creation of proteins. That's right, the crash could be what triggered their transformation into a more complex form.
These experiments, coupled with computer simulations, lead the team to think that Earth could very well have been seeded by life from the skies, possibly even multiple times.
"Our research shows that the building blocks of life could, indeed, have remained intact despite the tremendous shock wave and other violent conditions in a comet impact," Blank said. "Comets really would have been the ideal packages for delivering ingredients for the chemical evolution thought to have resulted in life. We like the comet delivery scenario because it includes all of the ingredients for life - amino acids, water and energy

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bloodpredator.jpg

I smoke so much weed my blood is green. Look what happened when some marines in the jungle shot me one time. lol

mrcreosote

Veteran
I'm having trouble tracking my Neanderthal line.
I guess they weren't too big on writing stuff down.

Yup, if you're a northern hemisphere type, you could have up to 4% Neanderthal DNA floating around in the mix.

"Although Neanderthals disappeared about 30,000 years ago, traces of their DNA — between 1% and 4% — are found in all modern humans outside Africa, according to 23andMe"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17527318

Poppa was a rolling stone...
When 'getting some strange' back in the day really meant something.

gingerale

Veteran
Heres my great great great grandpa on my mom's side. Christopher Columbus West. Don't know much about him except he apparently popped into existence out of nowhere, with one lady having spent 15 years trying to find out where he's from and his parents, with no luck. Born around 1830 in Alabama or North Carolina.

ChristopherColumbusLumWest.jpg

Does this guy look part-Indian to anyone? My mom has always heard we have a Cherokee ancestor in the West line, and this dude is pretty much the only guy it could possibly be. I don't know though, it's hard to tell from the pic. Apparently this part-Cherokee ancestor in our family has relatives who walked the Trail of Tears. This guy looks so much like the men in my mom's family it's scary. All have dark complexion, thick brown/black hair and eyes, same sharp eyes and facial shape as that guy, around the nose and cheeks. You can see by his eyebrows he has/had dark hair too.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
You do realize your Great great great grandpa only contributes 1/32 to your genetic makeup?

Even if he was PART Indian, the part you been passed is slight.

The broad looks like a hun to me, he looks like nick nolte! that tie he is wearing is AWESOME

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
are you sure he isn't Chinese he looks Chinese to me ???? lol... did he drive well??? his wife looks like she wants to kill him.. headband 707

gingerale

Veteran
Well, I'm not concerned about "being able to say I'm 1/4 Indian" or any bullshit like that. All I care about is the traits, and understanding where I come from and why I'm the way I am. And let me tell you...I got more than my 1/32s share of that guy. In fact he is a large part of who I am. My grandpa was fiercely independent, not much of a talker, friendly but no real social aptitude, the type that pretty much has his own path that he keeps to and you just better not cross it. My family has got its share of thicker and heavier set folks in the blood line, my dad included, but I have this guy's slight, athletic frame which is built for running, dodging, jumping, etc. I am one hell of an athlete and probably in the top 5% of runners. (According to my DNA I have two working copies of the alpha-actinin-3 gene, which is the cause of this.)

I'm also autistic (Central Auditory Processing Disorder, specifically)....and I'm pretty sure I got it from my grandpa through this guy. Basically, my mind is not really built for processing verbal communication. I assume some of the hardware was needed to be wired into other tasks, so I got the short end of the stick here. As a kid it was the worst, but got better as I got into my mid-late 20s. I remember when I was 5 or 6 I could NOT use a walkie talkie, because I could not understand the speech over the noise; I could hear words were being spoken but it all sounded like garbled up noise.

My grandpa really, really enjoyed peace and quiet more than most folks and was not fond of noise and chaos. He worked in a warehouse as a welder building cranes, and all day long was surrounded by all this loud clanging and noises, so when he got home at night my mom said he didn't want to hear a damn word around the dinner table. I remember when I was a kid he would take a midday nap, and just lay out on the threadbare carpet on his back, comfortable as can be.

As far as the "broad" goes....that's his wife Elizabeth Reed, of English descent. One of her ancestors was the Rev John Bishop of the Bysshop noble line. Another was Sir Owen Phillips. I really wish the damn picture weren't cut off so I could see who else is standing back there.