What's new

Anyone else finding it impossible to find a decent job?

cashmunny

There is always work, it may not be desirable work that Americans want to do, but there is always work.

For example crime scene cleanup. I personally know of a guy who earned $1000 a day cleaning up suicide messes.

But more and more, people without useful college educations will be left behind and condemned to work in low paying service sector jobs. With the recession and all, now is a great time to go back to school.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
There is always work, it may not be desirable work that Americans want to do, but there is always work.

For example crime scene cleanup. I personally know of a guy who earned $1000 a day cleaning up suicide messes.

But more and more, people without useful college educations will be left behind and condemned to work in low paying service sector jobs. With the recession and all, now is a great time to go back to school.

While I am an advocate for higher education, there is also a need for the trades, plumbers, electricians and such.

Everyone thought as you did 10-15 years ago and now white collar jobs are among the toughest to secure for anyone other than the top 10 percent in their chosen fields.

Not everyone was meant to be a banker ;)

S

squirrelfooker

The colleges have alot of people entering so alot of competition for spots. Some of the programs waiting list can be years. Some have set the standards very high, such as you need a B average in ALL classes and can only repeat one class one time, don't meet that then you are out and you may have just wasted a few years of school.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
If you can turn your hand to any form of employment you will find it .....even if you have to migrate to where there is work then you will have work.....

Find a job and save one third of your earnings, it will not be long before you will have the grub-stake necessary to set up your own business, and if you are smart enough and diligent enough to succeed then you will....

I started working and saving at 10 years old.....left school at 15 and never looked back.......sure I have had my up's and down's with finances but I was always prepared to do ANY job in the early years until I found this wonderful plant that grew my own small fortune.......and in doing so I helped many others grow their own......and am still doing this.....

If you can turn your hand to any form of employment you will find it .....even if you have to migrate to where there is work then you will have work.....

Find a job and save one third of your earnings, it will not be long before you will have the grub-stake necessary to set up your own business, and if you are smart enough and diligent enough to succeed then you will....

I started working and saving at 10 years old.....left school at 15 and never looked back.......sure I have had my up's and down's with finances but I was always prepared to do ANY job in the early years until I found this wonderful plant that grew my own small fortune.......and in doing so I helped many others grow their own......and am still doing this.....

very well put:joint:

fizzy187

Bold: My names down for any form of employment..for last 3 years, and still looking... Guess its too soon too give up given im not the only one...

Underlined: This is a dream come true, but where im from, UK, Migrating somewhere with a job on hand, is farrrrrrrr more difficult unless you have to some extent, the power of the dollar...

Gypsy, small, but inspiring bio there - saving from 10 you must be damn proud! :yes: Keep up the continued support! We love you like a fat kid love cake

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
I know of "kids" who study and work 1.5 jobs...if they lose one...they get on their bicycle and find another one to support their bills...and yeah NO HELP from Mom and Dad...

Some just have the drive...others don't.

No hating, just the naked truth!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I know somebody that

I know somebody that

I know somebody that was poor as hell, lived in a tee pee on Mount Aukum. Someone gave him some magic beans in 1977. (Pure Afghani and Red Lebanese). Now he owns the mansion he built overlooking the ocean on the Oregon coastline. In fact I know several stories like that. Its like the rhyme

Beans, Beans,
the magical fruit.
The more you plant,
The more you toot,
The more you toot.
The more you toot,
the more you trim,
WTF... someone else needs to trim this shit!!!
anyone need a job?

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
no jobs horrible.... :( SHITS only gonna get worse... grow grow grow thats what my brain tells me every day...

Latest posts

Latest posts