What's new

Anyone else doing trees inside?

8008s

These are some pictures of a Apple Betty from Herbie's seeds. I flipped to flower 23 days ago, plant was topped a bunch and is in kinda an airplane hanger shape scrog. Bunch of rockwool, drain to waste, 45 minute waterings every 4 hours with General Hydroponics 3 part. Bunch of LEDs above. Does anyone else grow big trees indoors these days? I was inspired by the old threads from foaf, krusty, nitetiger, deadheadfred, and a lot of others.
IMG_20240518_153735961.jpg
IMG_20240518_153746702.jpg
IMG_20240518_153727316.jpg

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are some pictures of a Apple Betty from Herbie's seeds. I flipped to flower 23 days ago, plant was topped a bunch and is in kinda an airplane hanger shape scrog. Bunch of rockwool, drain to waste, 45 minute waterings every 4 hours with General Hydroponics 3 part. Bunch of LEDs above. Does anyone else grow big trees indoors these days? I was inspired by the old threads from foaf, krusty, nitetiger, deadheadfred, and a lot of others. View attachment 19004732 View attachment 19004733 View attachment 19004734
Am i reading this right….45minute waterings? If so, thats really a long time for any form of irrigation event. Happy plant though so youre doing something right 😊

I only grow TREES. And IMHO the 1/2 inch PVC inserts on the GH Power Growers have been serioudsly under-praised and never Copied or imitated properly! Pictures to COME

These are some pictures of a Apple Betty from Herbie's seeds. I flipped to flower 23 days ago, plant was topped a bunch and is in kinda an airplane hanger shape scrog. Bunch of rockwool, drain to waste, 45 minute waterings every 4 hours with General Hydroponics 3 part. Bunch of LEDs above. Does anyone else grow big trees indoors these days? I was inspired by the old threads from foaf, krusty, nitetiger, deadheadfred, and a lot of others. View attachment 19004732 View attachment 19004733 View attachment 19004734
What strain is that that looks about as Bushy as the Most Bushy strain I have ever grown a tree of: Darkstar

Last edited:

gmanwho

Veteran
Am i reading this right….45minute waterings? If so, thats really a long time for any form of irrigation event. Happy plant though so youre doing something right 😊

some years back i ran a top drip 24/7 in grow stones, and hydroton, and lava rock. diy setup. some of the craziest growth ive witnessed. infact i thought the growth was faster then the dwc ive ran in the past. setup was modeled similar to the gh waterfarms but with small mag pump and not air driven water lift. just a drip ring around the plant made from 1/2" hydo hose, and holes punched in with a soldering iron. Think i eventually went with the U shaped hard plastic drippers "black holes Drippers "

think the key thing from this is the right medium to match the watering cycle. the larger holes i had inbetween the stones allowed for pockets of air. and if u imagine the waterfall effect it would have inside the container

if i had used rockwool or coco or soil it probably would have never have worked. or maybe it would have had a higher chance of failure.

I remember vividly , the roots got so crazy they completely plugged the square pot drains. i came into the room one day to find the water overflowing from the top. Another time the roots had gotten so crazy they pushed the lava rock through the bottom of the pots. the roots expanded the lava rock so much it broke through the hard plastic an split the containers

i sure miss the "lets experiment days and i dont depend on this crop for income"

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those big fat ones were grown out in 2003 10,000 watts HPS horizontal and vertical combined… plus lucky draw on the genetics

Did you accidentally add a Zero :bongsmi:I mean even if you had 1000/2000 on top and 3 1000 around the plant that would still be 5000 at most... 10,000 sounds INSANE

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you accidentally add a Zero :bongsmi:I mean even if you had 1000/2000 on top and 3 1000 around the plant that would still be 5000 at most... 10,000 sounds INSANE
Two different grows 20 years apart from those pictures the bottom one was 2003 the top ones was 2020

8008s

Good catch, I was running 25% runoff, paranoid of salt buildup. I shortened watering times to get to 10%. Cheers!