What's new

Anyone else care to share dumbshit growroom mistakes...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I have far too many, 'dumbshit' moments lol, but I suppose that's how you learn...the hard way :)

One of the biggest was leaving a dog in the growroom, I locked the door behind me without even knowing he was in there. He was in there for a good 12 hours, he ripped every plant to bits lol, poor bugger must have thought I was being evil, God bless his soul.

the other week I was in my grow raising my 600w to inspect the girls and I was preoccupied and not paying attention and the light went crashing down like 2ft and the bulb went out!!! No spare 600 around so I freaked out a little or I mean I started cryin like a baby!!!! I turned the ballest back on and the bulb went on YESSSSSSSS!! OHH YEA another time takin my top off my 5g DWC with a strong pump in it right under the light and the pump pushed nutes out of the bucket like 3ft and luckily I raised my light to work and it came so close to hittin the bulb!!!!!Boy that would have been a nightmare!!!!!! And one more workin with a partner and some how he squirted PH DOWN right in his eye!!!!!Man that shit was funny becuase he was fuckin hurtin for a week!!!His one eyeball got all crusty and bloodyLOL glad it wasnt me!!!Now when he picks up PH DOWN I get to make all sorts of comment!!!Like you will shoot your eye out with that stuff!!!!You need your goggles dude!!!and safety first!!!!!!SBG out!!!!!!

I

Iron_Lion

Here is a dumbass mistake for ya....the other day I was checkin in on my grow while wearing a hoodie. Next thing I knew my hood string was sucked into my fan blades. A little scary :biglaugh: and hard to get out of, luckily I had a cutting tool handy and was able to reach the fan plug, was a bitch to get the string unraveled from the fan too.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
excellent, thnx !

Hoodie in the fan must have been wild

Ph Down in the eye ?! I can't even imagine, especially Advanced Nutrients PH Down cuz it burns through work boots !!!

Here are a few I make from time to time.

Knocking over top heavy plants or bumping into buds.

Forgeting my sunglasses and visor when entering room. (yeah those lights will make you go blind)

And the worse noob mistake I ever made (never will make again)..... recieving a clone from a friend and not putting it into quarentine, even though said clone was clean.... a week later it was infested with mites which spread to my other plants. Bs set me back 6 months.

Midnight

Veteran
1. Taking supposedly clean clones from someone and not isolating them first. I'll never do that again.

2. Having a sick plant and doing everything that everyone tells you to try. That equals a dead plant.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
..bringing clones into my grow assuming they were bug free. Costed me alot of time and money.

My biggest mistake ever was spraying a dry chemical fire extinguisher all over my first indoor crop right before harvest...I was young and stupid...thinking it was co2..sprayed it in my little closet and got a facefull of that nasty powder. Tossed the whole crop and coughed my ass off for a week...I'd rather get peppersprayed then get a dry chem extinguisher in the face after that one.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
one time my toupee got sucked right into the vortex fan. always remember to use quality hairpiece glue when working in the growroom.

I labeled cups with a water soluable marker

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
This last harvest at my house, I grabbed a gallon of CSN17 from work...had it in an unmarked container....I was gone working at the collective, so my wife handled all the feeding and stuff, turns out I grabbed the "Grow", instead of the "Bloom"!!
I couldn't figure out why my plants just weren't doing what they should...til after harvest-- I was more than a li'l embarrassed!!

DaPurps

When i got my first cat i left the closet open. Without paying him any mind he had demolished my whole crop of seedlings.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Anyone else care to share dumbshit growroom mistakes...

Just pulled another one. For whatever reason I lost my mind and turned my lights on an hour early tonight thinking my timer failed and they didnt come on...ooops. Timer is fine I am just fucking retarded lol, hopefully we wont have any issues!

3rd transplant! Well fuck me lol, making that mistake now too. Maybe I should reconsider and repot in a few weeks..

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Not putting a drip loop in my airline. When I lost power, it siphoned all the water out of the res.

Using a mechanical timer instead of a battery-backup digital one. When the power goes out, the 12/12 gets all screwed up!

Not buying a digital pH meter sooner. I could have bought 4 of them with the money I wasted on pH drops all those years.

Trying to grow with poor or unknown genetics. Just thinking about all the wasted time, trying to make my bud better, when it was the poor genetics all along, makes me sick.

Harvesting too early. Goddammit, just be PATIENT! The buds are so much better when you are patient!

Wasting money on expensive nutrients and additives. Just keep it simple. Less is more.

I added around 30x the amount of organic flowering fert the first time I used it 5wks in flower. Only one plant though but it got so spindly and stretchy that it was constantly growing into the light every day the buds eventually started to foxtail like crazy, long nodes. But I still yielded over 10oz off this plant, top cola wide enough to cover my face. So it turned out good in the end

bigbud_n_chill

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Not aware that the stupid MH bulb fits the 6" vent for SUN XXL so taking glass out to switch bulb...what PAI....

Changing battery on digital timer and forgetting to tape the damn red on switch back up....can u say hermie....

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
feed lines clog / drains clogged just lost my first lady this round because of this.....
live and learn...TS

ion

last year i killed 9 plants....individually....within a week from dropping, stepping on, dropping shit onto, falling over....it was quite remarkable.

nice there were some really good ones posted in here

one time we had reflective plastic that was lined around the room, this little piece came undone because it wasn't secured properly and the grow room fan blows it all around well it was close to a 400w HPS light...that bulb got so hot it eventually melted the lose plastic to it...luckily we walked in before it started a fire..if we came back later in the day it would have been burnt down for sure..the bulb was ruined....little mistakes big messes people....