What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone do Time Lapse Photography?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hey All, :D

A visual log of how cannabis reacts to changes in pH/ppm in a reservoir would be so much easier for people to understand what works. (I believe)

To do it properly it would be best to have a system that can take readings of the ppm and pH at the time the photos are shot. A video of a side-scrolling line graph depicting the rise and fall of ppm and pH would be great under the image showing the progress of the plant.

It would be awesome to be able to 'watch' 30-40 'grows' like that. My kinda learning input. :D

Any takers? :yoinks:

B

B. Self Reliant

That would be fairly easy to do, as long as someone was willing to put in the time. I use a Hanna Gro-Check Combo that displays PPM & Ph all the time. The shot could be framed in a way that showed the garden and the meter. If the photographer was smart about it, they would use MH lamps, because the light from MH's falls within the spectrum of acceptable light (in terms of white balance). You could determine the white balance ahead of time, set your camera to that specific custom setting and then use an intervalometer to trigger the shutter every hour or so during the lit period.

I've seen many time lapses of cannabis plants growing, but they were never technically well executed and they never included any sort of relevant information in terms of demonstrating method A vs. method B.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Killer! :D

No problem with the MH there, maybe CMH?? :D A little 400w grow with the meters in front. Sounds like it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Now it just takes someone with the time and equipment, or you can all wait a few years and I'll get it done evenutually. LOL