What's new

Anyone been to Shashamane, Ethiopia?

naga_sadu

Shashamane, Ethiopia...

This is where Haile Selassie, the emperor of Ethiopia after the second world war allocated a large chunk of land to enable Rastafarians from the West Indes to resettle in their ancestral homeland in Africa.

Last yr., quite a few travelled there to celebrate Bob Marley's birthday, when the usual place to do that was Jamaica. The comrads whove been there say there's a very relaxing, almost free smoking scene w/ some pretty killer African highland herbs to be had over there.

Any ICMaggers, especially from the African continent been there?

canappa

Hi naga_sadu

Thanks for the info, will definately have a look around. What a great day to celebrate. Must make calendar note about "festival". I am sure there is very good herb smoked, and even more interesting is the variety of people.

naga_sadu

Hi naga_sadu

Thanks for the info, will definately have a look around. What a great day to celebrate. Must make calendar note about "festival". I am sure there is very good herb smoked, and even more interesting is the variety of people.

Yup, they say cops don't really enforce mmj laws at all over there eventhough it's illegal. More interesting about the place tho, there was some talk about the possibility of Marley's remains being reburied in Shashamane, though I don't know where that whole idea went.

Shashamane should also be of special interest to you if you want to explore Rastafarianism in detail...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts