What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone been arrested for fingerprints or dna in a grow?

G

Guest 18340

They absolutely POSITIVELY take fingerprints. When WT got raided they lifted print's off a hood and the guy it matched got 5 years. Fact.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
They absolutely POSITIVELY take fingerprints. When WT got raided they lifted print's off a hood and the guy it matched got 5 years. Fact.

Not saying it doesn't happen...but my bet is the guy copped to it, or took a plea bargain--
But you cannot determine, "Absolutely Positively"-- It is more like, "They might, but it is easy to fight"--
I started into this field because of my construction background, and built several large grows for different friends-- 2 of them got busted (over 700 plants each), and my prints were all over the place!! I never heard a word about it-- I talked to one of the Lawyers, and he told me not to worry, as building and setting up a room is not illegal...until there are plants in there--
Not to mention, there are prolly prints from guys in the company that packages the lights, the Hydro shop...etc--
In trial, they have to prove you were there as a participant of the actual growing of the plants...even if there was resin on a print, you just cop to smoking a joint, and got the resin from breaking it up--
Of course, it is always best to err on the side of caution...but this is one of those things that is very difficult for them to Prosecute-- :tiphat:

S

Scrappy-doo

I know when I got busted they didn't take prints, cause if they did other peeps would have gotten busted as well.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
friend of mine went down because they found his fingerprint on a reflector in a grow he helped set up. he had form and his prints were already on record.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
yes they will def take finger prints! in florida we whore two gloves on each hand, everything that was brought to the grow was checked for "Bugs" "wires" all the serial numbers of every light where taken off and we took this shit seriously... call us paranoids but this guys are still doing it and will be doing it for as long as possible lol they do connect grows by building tactics setups and what ever you can think of but I never heard of DNA testing for cannabis connecting grows.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
So I guess it's certainly a possibility.

My state is not medical, but is decriminalized. Anything up to 11 pounds for sale or grown is the lowest severity felony when it comes to sentencing - a first time offender will often get no jail time, 1 year probation, and the charge is removed if they complete the probation.

Fingerprints I could see being done - especially on easy targets like bulbs, pots, hoods, etc. DNA seems like a stretch as like someone said they seem to be backlogged with processing already.

Worry about broad mites

qupee

Worry about broad mites

I worry more about root aphids. ;)

Also, it seems like fingerprints are much more likely to be looked for if they don't bust someone at the scene. If they catch someone red-handed, why bother digging much further. That seems to be the 5-0's attitude here. But if there's no one to hold responsible, then they will start digging.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i guess now man must remember to wear latex when going in a v (or b?) AND his grow room!

Last edited:

ninfan77

Do you have proof of this...????

I have suggested this was taking place - but I was told not likely.

Do we have anything to verify such a statement...

dank.Frank

Yea, my best friend did a little over a year in county prison... and was told this by his lawyer. That's how they connected him to 2 different plots. I thought the one spot was sketch, always heard something out in the woods (this was outdoors), so I ditched the spot. He kept maintaining it after I told him I didn't like it.

They sweated him for MY name, and he wouldn't give me up. I thought he took the harvest and ran... about a year later he shows up and lays the whole story out for me. Dude saved me from jail.

This was in the states, non med, commonwealth state.

G

Guest 18340

Not saying it doesn't happen...but my bet is the guy copped to it, or took a plea bargain--
But you cannot determine, "Absolutely Positively"-- It is more like, "They might, but it is easy to fight"--
I started into this field because of my construction background, and built several large grows for different friends-- 2 of them got busted (over 700 plants each), and my prints were all over the place!! I never heard a word about it-- I talked to one of the Lawyers, and he told me not to worry, as building and setting up a room is not illegal...until there are plants in there--
Not to mention, there are prolly prints from guys in the company that packages the lights, the Hydro shop...etc--
In trial, they have to prove you were there as a participant of the actual growing of the plants...even if there was resin on a print, you just cop to smoking a joint, and got the resin from breaking it up--
Of course, it is always best to err on the side of caution...but this is one of those things that is very difficult for them to Prosecute-- :tiphat:

I'm very familiar with that case and the whole crew was pointing fingers at each other. They all ended up with 5 years by conviction, not plea bargains.
Off Topic but ironically the one person who took a plea, the only one that got caught IN the house, he got 18 months...
I always assumed they check for prints, and they did in WT's case, so yeah err on the side of caution.