What's new

Anybody running heating houses out of season?

coldcanna

Veteran
Pretty self explanatory- I'm sitting at 45' North so growing out of the main season would take light sup and dep as well as heat. Any other northern guys experimented with 3 outdoor harvest per year? My idea is to have normal harvest beginning October, flip the next house and harvest in mid december, take the dead of winter off then start another round in spring to be harvested end of July. Ideas, input?

amanda88

Standard grow technique(imo), but you may look into your strain selection, some indica hybrids will do you well, and pre and post grow Pm is your 'normal' issue ...good luck

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I did once in new England.. for 5 years..was there for the pats domination of the nfl...ya baby....yeehaw..right near to Gillette stadium

coldcanna

Veteran
amanda- yea I hear ya, unfortunately growing in NE mildew is an issue almost all year, I saw it pop up after only a couple rainy muggy weeks in August this year. I think a sulfur burner and endless precautionary steps is absolutely essential

trout- I see that wood boiler in the pic, is that how you were heating those houses? and being that close to gillette your lucky Brady didn't come by and let the air out of your tents! haha just fuckin with ya, Pats fan all the way here the commissioner can eat shit!

coldcanna

Veteran
my biggest question or thought I guess is if the money saved on electric bill from lights will outweigh the costs of propane or wood for keeping the houses warm. I run 4k and then all the fans and shit on top its 3-400 a month, can't imagine it would take that much propane to keep the house at 65 especially if built right. Up here in December its usually in the 20s-30s daytime and then teens-20s at night.

DIYer

Did you keep them in veg with those lights during winter time? What times of the day did you run them? Here is why I ask: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7256024#post7256024

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
for just extending veg you can use about any light..even strings of incandescent bulbs,, solar lights work too..i did a bit of everything at one time or another.even just breaking the dark period withn light for a bit works instead of blazing up the whole dark period.....yep I dug trenches for electric,water and heating lines from the 300+ gallon wood fired setup..w
ood was free so really worth it...yeehaw..out of season ruled,,nobody looking for mj then and not that suspicious as lots of nurseries are starting spring crops...

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
off road diesel and kerosene are cheaper for me than propane... easier to get too.. burns hotter and puts off a drier heat than propane...

I had generator on home heating fuel tanks...way cheaper than propane.and home delivery with price lock for the year..yeehaw ..

petert

I have a 30X48 Semi Gable and I'm thinking out building a small framed in 8X10 room and close it in with greenhouse plastic. I have a twin 30 amp running into the greenhouse and 12Kw solar system that feeds it from my main.

This is my first year and I thinking of just starting some auto flowering plants and then through them out in the greenhouse in February..stick an electri heater in the small room and see what happens.

Latest posts

Latest posts