What's new

Anybody ran a pl-l and been unhappy and gone back to cfl's

fatigues

Veteran
No where in my post did I mention PL-L's and I do realize that is what this thread is about. I just take issue with people assuming what HPS or any high intensity lighting can and cannot do without actually using it. :)

And correct I have used t-8's and CFL's. They will do fine if it is all you have and for micro growers obviously it's much easier to deal with heat issues. You won't get the density of HID lamps though.

We are in complete agreement then :)

(I'll send you a Hallmark later) :wave:

Easygrowing

Veteran
If you work around 55w PL-L lamps without eye protection? You are going to seriously damage your eyes. These lamps are not stand-ins for bathroom mirror lights.

Oh no-thanks for warnings about that fatigues-i had damaged my eye,s of that reason-im understand know..have been to the doctor and he could not tell what,s wrong around my eye,s..had using 2x 80 w pl-l and newer using anything and sometimes closed to the Pl-l for about 1.5 year now,,,shit..had think on it,but thinking.It,s only light..
so to other-please take care of your eyes and skin..thanks Fatigues anyway-will take care from now on...

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Well, I used to use PLL, and due to personal reasons in my life, I was rather unhappy at the time. Now due to being off grid, I'm using 12v CFLs. So technically, I fit the description in the title perfectly :p But as far as growing plants with regular power suply, just face the facts, PLL is the best fluoro. :)

Hapy grows with whatever light :wave:

adam59600

I run HPS, MH, t5, t10, cfl. This run is under a 1k HPS, and I will probably will switch bulb to MH for the last 2 weeks. With that said, I have to tell You, The HPS does fine on its own. It has greater lumens that penetrate deep into the canopy. The buds produced on many strains are rock hard,and the highs quite often will give you green out on a bong hit. Look to the hundreds of pictures in my albums for your proof. I have been getting high since the late 60s, and growing since 1972. We didnt have MH or HPS back then. Guys were growing sativas under cool white floresents in the garage.

DP

did you get maui wowi in the can??

Latest posts

Latest posts