What's new

Anybody have a reliable formula for making a spray-able liquid?

Slim Pickens

Veteran
yeah, I will work on it. In the event I have bronchitis (still occurs 3 to 8 times a year) I need to use inhalers and occasionally prednisone. But other than that, I take the elixir every day. It certainly is a good way to open up the lungs. It works longer than conventional meds, but not quite as well for immediate relief. It's more like a long term thing that, as long as you maintain a baseline, is good. Certainly no smoking or vaping goes hand in hand with this.

Sorry to hear about your condition.It sounds like maybe yours is more serious than mine.I only get bronchitis once or twice a year,and anti-biotics clear it up in a reasonable amount of time...normally that is,but not always.

Very interesting that the elixir works better than the conventional meds,That is very encouraging to hear.I really get concerned about the steroids in the control inhalers,and the long term effects it could have.

You said "Certainly no smoking or vaping goes hand in hand with this."
You mean to say that you can't vape for more immediate relief?

MrManDead

Yes. No aping whatsoever. Anyone with any breathing issues should not be inhaling anything but air. I know it seems intense, but a compromised pair of lungs should not be inhaling foreign particulates. The other thing that helped my breathing was stopping my advair. That was apparently making me very sick... good ol perscription drugs...

-aka-

i vape eucalyptus and lavender to get rid of my bronchitis, but am very interested in this elixer as i know a person with lung issues. PEACE

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why I asked you.I don't know myself,and the last thing I need is more problems.Lol

If it is effective,then there is no need.I don't know if it would be more effective,or have a faster onset.Just a hair brained idea. :)

I have alcohol I can use already.I imagine that Glycerin is available here,I would have to do a thorough search.I don't know much about any new techniques to make Glycerin tincs,but I thought that I read that Glycern tincs took quite a while to make.30 days of turning in a jar,right?.I'm not against it,just that it takes a while to do as I understand it...maybe I should search glycerin recipes here..maybe I am not up to date. :)

Thanks to all for the help and advice.

I talked to Dr Kate, who said that they use n-acetyl-cysleine, which is both injectable or nebulizable. Cystic fibrosis patients often use it.

Dr Kate will also query her associates for other formulas, but generally advised caution with nebulizing.

MrManDead

I talked to Dr Kate, who said that they use n-acetyl-cysleine, which is both injectable or nebulizable. Cystic fibrosis patients often use it.

Dr Kate will also query her associates for other formulas, but generally advised caution with nebulizing.

Oh great Gdub...any more info on this?
?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From the keen mind and pleasing personality of Dr. Kate:

Hi!

N-Acetyl-Cysteine is an amino acid derivative. It contains a sulfur molecule which is important in its mechanism of breaking up mucus (hence its use in nebulized form for cystic fibrosis patients).

It is also a precursor to glutathione, an EXTREMELY important detoxifier in the liver. That is why IV N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC for short) is the go-to in acute acetaminophen (tylenol) overdose: too much tylenol eventually overwhelms the liver, which cannot produce enough gluthathione to detoxify the tylenol's extremely toxic metabolite, so the toxic metabolite builds up and attacks the liver cells, killing them and eventually leading to death.

Infusions of NAC can stop and reverse this process, saving lives.

NAC is available as an oral supplement as well. Note: It cannot save someone from acute tylenol overdose orally!! But I do recommend it to all my patients who take tylenol regularly, or drink alcohol regularly, or who have asthma, COPD, or emphysema...or my patients who smoke or who must work in smoky environments, as it does help the liver detoxify and also the lungs detoxify through the production of mucus.

NAC works best when taken on an empty stomach.

That's what I know about it so far.....hope that helps!

Kate

Is there a practical application for a nebulizer? Has anybody developed a formula to be used with a nebulizer? I feel like that would be a great alternative for severely ill patient, but that it could also be accomplished by a capsule or tincture.