What's new

Anybody got any interesting snake skinnin tekneeks?

C

cbf

i think id give you and your entire family to the devil to get half of steve irwin back.
Now that is pretty ignorant! Many a herpetologist would laugh at you man, Steve Irwin grabbed snakes by the tail and taunted them for $$$ on tv, plllease, his handling tactics were not humane and as stated here, he had snakeskin boots etc.
He was in it for $$ and if you think none of his antics were staged, you are gullible.

And Wow, you would send an entire family to hell because they eat non-endangered wild snakes and use their hides, you are pretty evil yourself..?

J wales, you mean to tell me that American Indians didn't kill animals to eat?
So Hindis believe cows are gods, wow, I'm the devil huh?
Many native tribes wasted alot more animal meat in their sacrifices to the gods than people who eat snakes, you need to go study up on hunting and gathering and the stories of ancient civilization before accusing the poster of anything un sacred..

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
did anyone else get neg rep from lune ts? seems like he took something i said and got butt hurt :(

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
I'm gonna lay it out quick.

1. It's ridiculous to say that a man should avoid killing a snake when that snake could very well attack his young child.
1.a. Valuing the life of a reptile over the life of a human may work for some people, but for me, its a little out there.

2. This isn't the inhumane killing of snakes being discussed. It isn't lab rats being injected with poisons, untested drugs, and effed up in countless ways. It isn't even on the level of a slaughterhouse.

This is a discussion (as I understand it) about quickly and humanely killing a potentially lethal animal that poses a future threat to oneself and/or loved ones and then using the meat from that animal for food while preserving the skin in order to utilize as much of the animal as possible (avoiding waste).

Oh, and this...
ignorant hicks.. you all seem to live to disappoint the rest of us. bewary next time your out slaughtering animals for their skins. you might run into someone like me. i will stomp the living shit out of you and everyone you are with.females included. oh and if your dumb enough to be packing heat you will most likely end up in a shallow hole. sweet gas station samurai sword you lame dick fuck. huh huh its cool killin shit for no reason. fuck you! i have been in herpetology for over 17 years and fighting to end the dumb shit you perpetuate

yea.......just come over and try to stomp the shit out of me or whoever else that would rather protect a loved one from a poisonous snake. Ignorant hicks make great fighters :)
(and who (read: what kind of man)tries to 'stomp the shit out of' females anyway)

Now go off and play little one

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
you guys are taking this totally out of context, the original post detailed how this guys doing it for fun and or its skin... lets not make this into some noble act, like you wrestled a large rattler away from your infant sister or something, were talking about going out finding a snake and killing it, probably in an inhumane way for a simple archaic trophy. I dont get it, and while your finding new ways of slicing up dead animals ill be finding new ways of growing our beloved weed plant, gladly the only thing i have in common with some of you guys is smoking weed.

Last edited:
L

Lune TNS

nycdfan042 said:
did anyone else get neg rep from lune ts? seems like he took something i said and got butt hurt :(

Nope, it was just you.

And judging by what you just said to me in pm, I'm not the butt hurt one. Try to keep it just in pm next time, kay?

:bashhead:

G

guest3854

Yeep , git country on 'em . Growin' up we lost one of tha dogs to a rattler . Was bitten , leg amputated and died bout a week later . Plenty more stories but ....Family takes presidence .

Regardless of takin' pleasure in killing these thangs , it's needed in his and many other areas in tha US . Folks hunt many other animals with "feelings" fer pleasure . Many other folks eat beef , pork , chicken and .... get over it . That er become a sucked up vegan . This fella is at least using tha meat . Like one of tha other guys sayin' , many city folk have no clue ... but ignorance is bliss .

I can't remember , but I wanna say we would skin 'em roll 'em up and and place in a jar of glycerin . (not positive) We would also do a salt cure , stretchin' 'em out on a plank , pinning tha skin and salt 'em up , though t would make fer a more "stiff" skin , but fair fer mounting . I give it up to tha thread starter , I don't eat snake meat .

Nice sized skin .....

Be well ,
Steele

Last edited:

ksac

"Some people argue that only rational, autonomous, and self-conscious beings deserve full and equal moral status; since only human beings are rational, autonomous, and self-conscious, it follows that only human beings deserve full and equal moral status. Once again, it is not claimed that we can do whatever we like to animals; rather, the fact that animals are sentient gives us reason to avoid causing them unnecessary pain and suffering. However, when the interests of animals and human beings conflict we are required to give greater weight to the interests of human beings. This also has been used to justify such practices as experimentation on animals, raising animals for food, and using animals in such places as zoos and rodeos."

"Another reason for giving stronger preference to the interests of human beings is that only human beings can act morally. This is considered to be important because beings that can act morally are required to sacrifice their interests for the sake of others. It follows that those that do sacrifice their good for the sake of others are owed greater concern from those that benefit from such sacrifices. Since animals cannot act morally, they will not sacrifice their own good for the sake of others, but will rather pursue their good even at the expense of others. That is why human beings should give the interests of other human beings greater weight than they do the interests of animals."

sirgrassalot

Domesticator of Cannabis
Veteran
Steele Savage said:
Like one of tha other guys sayin' , many city folk have no clue ... but ignorance is bliss .

Nice sized skin .....

Be well ,
Steele

I've caught & trapped more wild species in the city than most country folks ever would have to unless they do it for a living.

Grizz

Veteran
cbf said:
Now that is pretty ignorant! Many a herpetologist would laugh at you man, Steve Irwin grabbed snakes by the tail and taunted them for $$$ on tv, plllease, his handling tactics were not humane and as stated here, he had snakeskin boots etc.
He was in it for $$ and if you think none of his antics were staged, you are gullible.

And Wow, you would send an entire family to hell because they eat non-endangered wild snakes and use their hides, you are pretty evil yourself..?

J wales, you mean to tell me that American Indians didn't kill animals to eat?
So Hindis believe cows are gods, wow, I'm the devil huh?
Many native tribes wasted alot more animal meat in their sacrifices to the gods than people who eat snakes, you need to go study up on hunting and gathering and the stories of ancient civilization before accusing the poster of anything un sacred..
cbf you totaly misunderstood what I said. of course american native americans killed to eat, what I was saying is they and many other people across the world have been treated worse than many animals for the sake of other people wanting there land or possesions,When people put animal rights over the lives and welfare of people its crazy.

HairlessCaveApe

To those of yas that just dont get it, I cant make ya get it. To those of Yas that do, Thanks. --Whoever dont think I care bout all this sensitive stuff, it aint so. I wont even whak one till I get a good bead on his head so I make shure he suffers as little as posible. Im killin snakes. Im killin anykinda insect or animal or annyfukkin thing that is out near my house and lookin to kill me. I got scorpions in my fukkin house and I kill them too. Its just crazy to think that I should let these critters alone. So, somma you folks think I autta just let the snakes move in on us? Yous are all outta your fukkin minds! Yous would spray the roaches in your own citty shittholes and yell at me for killin the snakes that crawl under MY FUKKIN HOUSE? YOUS IGNORANT. Do yas relocate your fukkin roaches? These snakes could kill us. All your roache do to yas is tikkle yer genetillia while yous sleep. Why is it rite that yous kill them what dont seem like it could hurt ya too much, but yas get the fukk on me for killin dangerous snakes that will KILL us if we let them under my house? If these things didnt hurt us I would feed them insted. We got lizards in our house that I dont care bout one bit. Big brown ones and big tan ones. They come in from outside too. They run round the house all summer. I shure dont kill them! I even discourage my cat from buggin them. Fact is tho, them rattlers will kill us if we lettem populate our yard. They kill us if we dont kill them. There aint no "bein carefull" when it comes to havin snakes around. Ya killem. Thats how ya "be carefull". Ya kill the rattlers that crawl up under your house. If theyr in yer yard, ya killem. Ya dont fukkin tell the grandkids when theyr over, -"watch out for the rattlers,theyl kill ya" . Ya kill the snakes round yer house,then ya let the grankids play. Round my house we figure the snakes in our yard are headin under our house. Some folks make me out like somekinda fiend. Some ignorant fukk even said Im killin these snakes for joy. Thats just untrue. Whoever said that is either mistaken, or a lier. Im sory everytime I gotta kill one. Im not gonna wastem after I killem then either. Im eatinem. ---------Thats what the op was all about. I GOTTA killem. Its not feasible to "relocate" rattlers. I just wanted to know if anybody ever tried to get one out of his skin without cuttin up the length of theyr belly. It gets prety hot round here in the summer and I was figurin on mabey slipin an old innertube inside so I can fill it with ice cubes and wear it round my neak. Well Thanks for all the understandind I got from Friends and Bruddas. Desert Rats and HomeBoys seen to understand. The resta yas, -watch yer step so yas dont step on a bug! :rasta:

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
WTF%20LOL.jpg

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
My old nick-name was Snake-- I hunted and kept rattlesnakes-- A friend of mine once said that smoking venom was the shit-- I am stupid...so I did it-- We pumped a joint with venom from a snake, and smoked it-- I Don't know if it really got me high, as I was tripping on purple mescaline-- Oh well-- :bashhead:

hazy

Veteran

This is a perfect 11 piece rattle that I took off of a coon tail tonight.
His head and body, separated of course, are down a deep hole.
I had no choice but to slice him in the middle first with the end of my shovel. Couldn't get to his head, and I couldn't risk him turning back around and going back under the house. No skinning or eating this one.
My 17-year-old son was going through the gate and heard the buzz of the rattler's tail, then saw him, he was very close to him. I got my shovel, went out with a flashlight, found his track. Pretty fat, I'm thinking, and when I finally spotted him, he was about 4'+ long.

People, rattlesnakes will kill you.

old pink, you know that handling poisonous snakes is dangerous, and surely you, as an experienced, did you say professional? herpetologist, are not recommending that untrained people try to pick up a rattle snake.
There are some folks in WV that have done it for years, but i ain't doing that.
Am I afraid of them?
Damn right I am.
That's why I'll kill everyone that enters my territory. My habitat.
I try to dispatch them with a clean chop behind the head.
I'd rather they leave, but i can't trust that they won't be back. At the same time, I'm sure many have crossed my yard without me even knowing, and maybe have never came back. Or maybe they do. One lived under my house for a while. Bit my bulldog on the head. She's ok now.
This animal is just too dangerous.

Oh, for you who will get pissed about it:
I killed a Mohave Green rattle snake up by Carefree, AZ back in the 80s.

A chicken moved onto my property a couple years ago. She is always around if I'm moving things around outside to eat up the scorpions.

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Thing that gets me is that so many ppl are concerned about humans killing for sport.

obviously if you read the original post or the rest of the thread, you would know this is not the intent.

but hey even if it is??? are you that stupid to give a fuck??

Humans are hunters. this IS one of the reasons our species has survived, among many other reasons.

i'd love to see mankind try to survive being purely vegan and vegetarian.

lighten the fuck up people!!! LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE FEEEDS ON LIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HairlessCaveApe

Howdy SteppinRazor! Howdy Hazy! Now thats a chunky rattle! I shure am glad you gottem before he got under your house. You said it best when you said,"Id rather they leave but I cant trust that they wont be back." The way I figure it, if they can be spoted, theres too many ofem. They try an get under our house too. Most of the ones I got were either headin directly under our house or crawlin twards it. I think they just like bein up under our house. Mabey theyr tracted to the lizzards. Im just glad you got that one before he got under your place. Blessins on Yas my Bruddas and stay safe!

Grizz

Veteran
its cool and dark under the house, thats what they lov in the summer,If it werent for them being poisonas they would be a good thing,

HairlessCaveApe

You aint kiddin! They realy are prety cool. I dig the shitt outta the lizzards we got out here too. We got lotsa work to do on this joint and its not too hard for the lizzards to get in. We just letem run the place. Their just under a foot average. Brown ones and tan ones. I didnt have my glasses on one day and I thought I saw a snake peakin out from under our linnen closet door. I grabed a stik and pulled the laundry out and yelled for my wife to get my glasses. I didnt know if I had a li'l rattler or what. I keptem pinned there in the closet till my wife got me my glasses. It turned out to be a big ol brown lizzard. Thank God I didnt whakk him! I just set the laundry bag back by him and let him be. We kinda likem. Their kinda neat. Lots better than rats or roaches! They leave turds big as rat turds tho! These things are prety big. Mabey they even eat somekinda bugs or something. Thats prety cool. Mabey theyr keepin my scorpion population down. Ida know. Prety cool clue bout your chicken Breth! Mabey Il see bout gettin one for round the place. I shure would like to get a skirt round the house soon too. Blessins my Brudda, and keep them nasties away from Yas! :rasta:

Zizu

Interesting thread, it definitely gets people worked up. I used to work in the reptile department of a zoo and can see both sides to the story. :)

I've found that if attempting to remove the full skin of a snake it helps to nail the head(or remaining headmost section) to a log or wall to make it easier to peel the skin downwards. You can usually use a bit of slicing and a LOT of pulling to get it off. I've never tried with a rattler just other varieties. Good luck! Remember Vice grips are your friend.