What's new

Anybody Else Love Sriracha?

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
i put sriracha and wusabi on all my food...epic hot, but it really clears the nose so you can smoke like a champ..knah mean? hahah...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wish you were all here for a taste of my habanero special sauce.

14 fresh habaneros (grown organically in the sun)
half cup white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
tablespoon honey

Blend it all together in the Osterizer or whatever... put it in a jar and keep refrigerated. Mine is used up within a week or so and seems to stay fresh at least that long...

:)

nice recipe Payaso, my guess is that it lasts about 3-4 months, easy. none of your ingredients have expiry dating issues, and the vinegar acts as a preservative, same w/the salt.

Okay folks, here's the one that wins the heat contest...

Nothing like Ghost Peppers, 1,000,000+ on the scale! Fortunately this is watered down with other ingredients including passion fruit!

View Image

I've had ghost pepper once on wings we ordered as an appetizer, @ a local joint that thought hottest was best, I had one wing and wouldn't touch another, I'd also ordered a $10 buffalo burger and I wanted to taste it.

If it's used as an ingredient in a recipe I'm fine with ghost pepper, if it's the feature flavor then I'd surely not be expecting to taste anything but the sauce.

same goes for sriracha sauce, used to add some heat & flavor then it's fine, again, if it's used as the main ingredient that's all you'll taste.

Here's how Sriracha's been in the news lately:

A spat between the makers of an iconic brand of hot sauce and a small California city that complained of burning sensations has been resolved, after high-ranking officials in Gov. Jerry Brown’s Cabinet intervened.

The dispute began last year, when negotiations between Irwindale, Calif., a suburb of Los Angeles, and Huy Fong Foods, maker of Sriracha hot sauce, broke down. The city wanted the company to do something about the odors emanating from its plant; nearby residents had complained about burning eyes and irritated throats after Sriracha-smelling clouds wafted over their community.

When talks broke down, the city filed a lawsuit asking a judge to order Huy Fong Foods to stop production of the rooster sauce until the company found a way to mitigate the odor. The city council even considered passing a resolution declaring the factory a public nuisance.

In response, Huy Fong and its founder, David Tran, began courting other suitors — and those suitors came from Texas. Earlier this month, state Rep. Jason Villalba (R) headed a bipartisan delegation to Irwindale, where he tried to talk Tran into moving his plant to the Dallas area. Gov. Rick Perry (R) and Attorney General Greg Abbott (R) sent representatives to woo Tran. Sen. Ted Cruz (R) issued a provocative tweet.......

here's the link to the rest of the article
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-sriracha-for-california/?tid=pm_politics_pop

or if reluctant to link out from here just google 'sriracha factory washington post'

ronbo51

Veteran
Sriracha and eggs are the bomb. Parent company is being seriously courted by Texas and will likely move there. Another casualty of insane Cali politics/economics.

Apache Kush

I love it also

tempura veggies with soy sauce, sushi

chicken, tacos, spice up salsa, guaco, eggs, rice, soups, seafood stuff, BBQ, Dips, shrimp sandwhich, shrimp cocktail, gumbo shrimp, shrimp salad, shrimp kakbobs, sweet ans sour.. etc lol
but its owned by Huy Fong

so calling by its other more common name is like calling it by a generality
Huy Fong Foods, makers of Sriracha (suhr-AH'-chuh) hot sauce

There a many other companys that also make sriracha (technically just means pepper suace from tailand with garlic and red pepeer lol)

even @Tabasco now makes a ''siriracha'' cool haha

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I use that shit on everything ..

I use that shit on everything ..

Except I use Franks Hot Sauce for Hot Wings :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts