What's new

Anybody else a barterer by nature?

jd4083

Veteran
Any chance I get I'll trade either goods or services for what I need....and I know that on this forum (and with this economy) I can't be the only one. Figured we could all post up some of our best examples of bartering and maybe pick up a few tips along the way. :tiphat: I've got two off the top of my head:

1.) Managed to get into my current residence with a $0 deposit and slashed my rent by $200 just by agreeing to do the general yardwork and maintenance for that house and his other property.

2.) I smoke a pack a day (I know it's disgusting, fuck off :tiphat: ), drive about 100 miles round trip 6 days a week for work, and buy at least one or two cups of coffee every day...usually at a gas station since I don't drink anything fancy. I added it all up a while back and figured out that every day I was spending about $25 per day altogether just at the gas station alone.

Now, that might not be a huge expense in the scheme of things, and god knows that if I was still buying herb I'd be smoking way more than $25 worth a day, but still -- that's $700 a month. $700 out here could take care of the payment on a very nice used car (assuming good credit and a reasonable interest rate) AND pay rent/utilities for a reasonably nice place if you had a roommate. Either way, nothing to sneeze at.

So now, living in the small town I do and having made a fair amount of connections with the local businesses over the years, I swing into one gas station in particular every morning and give the guy who owns it the appropriate amount of herb in exchange for what I need that day. I haven't paid for gas, cigarettes, milk, or beer for a very long time. :laughing:

Anybody else got some good ones? post em up...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I used to pay for hair cuts with a small bag of weed, back when I had hair to cut.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
As long as I remember

one hand washes the other my dad used to say but it seems a far more equitable exchange for all parties involved

I think by its nature, todays paper/electronic money is a good way to marginalize a persons talents for capitalistic gain

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
all the time man. tickets for shows, nugs, services, glass. it's all fair game. i would prefer to live in a barter society.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I sold a car for 3# once, I didn't think the guy was gonna do it, but 3 days later shows up at my house with a fat hefty bag of nice outdoor. He was a buddy so it was cool, and REALLY funny at the time. He still has it too!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I would love to trade a few cases of jars for new wheels. I have traded many things, but not this century.

mule420

I traded a car for a 72 site stinkbud veg and flower system,,, ya 72 in flower... Made back the car and then some lol... Still have the system in storage...

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
Any chance I get I'll trade either goods or services for what I need....and I know that on this forum (and with this economy) I can't be the only one. Figured we could all post up some of our best examples of bartering and maybe pick up a few tips along the way. :tiphat: I've got two off the top of my head:

1.) Managed to get into my current residence with a $0 deposit and slashed my rent by $200 just by agreeing to do the general yardwork and maintenance for that house and his other property.

2.) I smoke a pack a day (I know it's disgusting, fuck off :tiphat: ), drive about 100 miles round trip 6 days a week for work, and buy at least one or two cups of coffee every day...usually at a gas station since I don't drink anything fancy. I added it all up a while back and figured out that every day I was spending about $25 per day altogether just at the gas station alone.

Now, that might not be a huge expense in the scheme of things, and god knows that if I was still buying herb I'd be smoking way more than $25 worth a day, but still -- that's $700 a month. $700 out here could take care of the payment on a very nice used car (assuming good credit and a reasonable interest rate) AND pay rent/utilities for a reasonably nice place if you had a roommate. Either way, nothing to sneeze at.

So now, living in the small town I do and having made a fair amount of connections with the local businesses over the years, I swing into one gas station in particular every morning and give the guy who owns it the appropriate amount of herb in exchange for what I need that day. I haven't paid for gas, cigarettes, milk, or beer for a very long time. :laughing:

Anybody else got some good ones? post em up...

...f*ck...those are some good examples, going to have to watch
this thread closely...because the only thing I have been able to
barter lately is nice words...in exchange for sex w/the wife...lol

Dead Heads are expert barterers like myself "CASH,KIND or TRADE for your extra" was one of my favorite saying back in the day!!!!!!!!!!

benzo

i just traded a zip and a half for a quad core gaming computer.. fully decked out.. it has an ugly tower but is fast as hell!

I've also traded weed for; all kinds of ipods. digital camera.. plenty skateboards. new kicks. beer. car work. car parts..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts