What's new

ANY UFC AND PRIDE FANS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wunderkind

did you guys see him trying to take down the referee? LOL, dude didn't even know what was going on.

:muahaha:

there would have been more hype for rodgers v slice, but i think the result would have been the same.

edit:
kimbo-seth-2_medium.gif

Last edited:

dbuzz

Veteran
kimbo woulda surely lost to rogers, and elite/cbs can't have that. they were hoping slice would destroy this guy with his reach, but no bueno.

i think gina carano could have knocked out kimbo slice. :laughing:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i need some nude pics of carano

my life would be complete.

check this shit out- shes the real deal... go to youtube and type in this title of the video...

Gina Carano - Craig Ferguson Show (9-29-08) HQ

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ some good stuff there...

all of those dudes around her look like they just saw the holy grail...

as would I

G. Sensi

Im absoultely dumdfounded..... and speechless....

I think Im gonna go edit out all those Kimbo videos I posted up near the beginnin of this thread.... Him and I are done..... Seth had a matter of minutes to prepare for that fight.... My Laaaawd..... :nono:

Last edited:
I gotta say though,it was a pretty good card for a free telecast.I am not a superficial fan who would booh when when there is grappling going on.That said it was an action packed card even though kimbo was stopped so easily.In this case the undercards were better than the main event,but that actually made for a good show.

you know shit is fucked up when people do stupid things like this:

Speaking exclusively to BloodyElbow.com, world champion grappler Lloyd Irvin said his home in Accokeek, Maryland was invaded by two armed gunman on Saturday morning at approximately 4:30am.

According to Irvin, the two gunman held Irvin, his son, wife and UFC light heavyweight contender Brandon Vera at gun point while demanding to be directed towards valuables like cash or jewelry.

While one gunman held Irvin's family hostage, another gunman directed Irvin to the the master bedroom. According to Irvin, he led the gunman toward his bedroom. Once in the bedroom, Irvin said he noticed the other gunman was far enough away down the hall to make a move to disarm the attacker in his bedroom. Irvin, an expert in Sambo defensive gun and knife techniques, was able to get ahold of the gun in the attacker's hands, first separating the clip from the gun and then removing the gun from the attacker's hands.

At that point, the attacker in Irvin's room ran yelling to his accomplice that Irvin had his gun and both gunman fled the house. It's not clear what, if anything, they were able to take with them. Police were called to the scene and have launched an investigation.

According to Irvin, no one in his family was physically hurt, although the psychological trauma at this point is considerable.

While Vera is physically unharmed, leaving for England this Tuesday and will continue training, it is not clear to what extent the psychological trauma from this event will have as he heads into his fight with Keith Jardine at UFC 89 on October 18th. Irvin indicated that to the extent possible, training would continue as normal.

On behalf of everyone at BloodyElbow.com, we are glad to hear no one was harmed in the attack and wish both the Irvin family and Vera the best during this very difficult time.

PERSONAL NOTE: For anyone who has ever doubted Irvin's weapons techniques that he learned in Sambo, they literally saved his life and the life of his family/Vera. There can be no more doubting them.

G. Sensi

Damn.....

Glad everyone was alright.... Thats some scary shit....

I always wanted to be trained in weapons defense.... and Tae kwon do....and Capoeira for that matter :smile:

Good find Raven.....thanks for sharing

Bless

-G

You know what really grinds my gears??

You know what really grinds my gears??

I'm tired of reading about and not saying anything so here we go....

After rumors of "foul play" in Elite's last event, in this go round we get to hear from Seth Petruzelli (the LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT replacement for Ken Shamrock). Seth was on a radio show (lemme know if you need links to audio) and started talking about how the brass at EXC would "make it worth his while" if he didnt take Kimbo down. He must have had a billion voicemails after the interview aired, because he later did some serious backpedaling. His new story is that he was offered a knockout bonus, which many promotions give and are perfectly fine. The flawed logic here is that promotions usually do a "ko of the night" type of thing, which isnt offered to a fighter pre-fight. I smell a major rat here. Seth claims he was misquoted, which was kinda hard to do...it was all on radio. EXC officials have already begun to deny, deny and deny. They released a press statement earlier today stating that they never offered any extra monetary compensation to Petruzelli.

Is it just me, or does something not add up here. I had a feeling that EXC was doing something fishy, but this is out and out fixing.

The big loser in this whole equation is Affliction because if it turns out that something is rotten in Denmark their name gets tainted as well. I think its safe to say that Dana White is still on the floor laughing because not only did he have no money in this fiasco, but he was proven right. A UFC castoff, giving up 30 or so pounds, that took the fight on a few hours notice demolished Kimbo.

EXC is dead in the water.

:rant: sorry for the length, i just needed to say it. discuss.... lmao

G. Sensi

EXC is absolutely DONE!!! And what a disgrace to the sport....
MMARoot said:
According to Seth Petruzelli, the man who defeated Kimbo Slice on EliteXC's recent CBS offering on October 4th, he was paid to keep the fight standing:

"The promoter kinda hinted to me, and they gave me money to stand and trade with him. They didn't want me to take him down. Let's just put it that way."

His comments warrant an investigation.

Petruzelli also claimed he was paid in the six figure range to keep it standing, but his disclosed purse was only $50,000. So unless he is lying, and there's no reason to believe he is, he was paid an additional bonus to fight in a way that gave their star the best chance of winning.

This is outrageous, and just absolutely embarrassing for the sport of MMA, especially considering the fact that this happened on network television. We already had people on ESPN mocking the sport all day today, when they get wind of this it will be a nightmare.

Make no mistake, if Petruzelli's comments accurately characterize what happened, this is essentially fight fixing. What would sports writers say if it came out that Floyd Mayweather was paid not to use his left hook? Or if the lakers were paid to play a game without having Kobe Bryant take a shot? The outrage is nowhere near the level it should be given this disclosure. People trying to analogize this to "exciting fight bonuses" aren't arguing in good faith, the argument isn't even worth addressing.

This situation is terrible for the sport, terrible for fans, and terrible for the other honorable fighters on EliteXC cards that are trying to forge real careers, but now find themselves tainted by this.

Kelly Kahl needs to conduct his own investigation of what happened here. If it is true, everyone involved should be fired immediately.

The Florida Athletic Commission should conduct an investigation into this as well.

We can all roll our eyes and act like it's typical scummy behavior, and just let it slide, but that will just ensure more of it in the future. Only fans can make sure it does not happen again.

MMARoot said:
Seth Petruzelli, who stopped Kimbo Slice on Saturday in Sunrise, Fla., said in an interview Monday that EliteXC officials had paid him to stand with Slice instead of taking him to the ground.

“My original plan was to throw out push kicks -- they’re called ‘teeps,’” Petruzelli said when asked about his strategy during the Monsters in the Morning Show on 104.1 FM in Orlando, Fla. “Throw out push kicks, have him think that I’m going to throw them to try to rush in more and then shoot in on him obviously.”

Petruzelli was then asked whether he wanted to avoid Slice’s standup, and he noted his training with professional boxers as evidence in his confidence.

“I knew I would do all right, actually, standing up with him, but the promoters kind of hinted to me and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him. They didn’t want me to take him down -- let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him.”

MMARoot said:
Update: Seth Petruzelli has now changed his story:
"What was meant to be said was that I wanted to keep the fight standing for myself because I knew that was what the crowd, the promoters, and everyone wanted to see because that’s more exciting than just taking someone to the ground," Petruzelli said. "That was my thing only. I wanted to keep it exciting so I decided to keep it standing. It had nothing to do with anybody else. That was all me."

Upon being asked directly whether EliteXC officials had even hinted that he could receive a bonus by keeping the fight standing, Petruzelli clarified that no such act had taken place.

"No," he responded. "Look, even the UFC gives knockout bonuses. Everyone gives knockout bonuses. There’s knockout bonuses, submission bonuses, all sorts of bonuses. I just wanted to keep it standing because I felt I could beat (Kimbo) at his own game."

However....

MMANews said:
MMAWeekly.com spoke with a represenative from the Florida State Athletic Commission and offered the following on Seth Petruzelli's comments about being paid more to stand and trade with Kimbo:

“We take Petruzelli’s comments to mean that he got paid more to move up in the card,” Antonacci stated. “Which is accurate and perfectly within the regulations. Because without someone, him in this case, stepping in to be part of the main event, the event would not have gone off.”

Antonacci said one or more Florida State Boxing Commission officials were present during the negotiations between EliteXC and Petruzelli, and had verified there was no impropriety.

“Our interpretation is that the comments made were in reference to the promoter asking him to join a fight that he wasn’t originally scheduled for,” she continued. “We don’t believe any wrongdoing occurred. That being said, if someone believes that wrongdoing did occur, they can file a complaint with the commission, with the department, and we will look into it.”

Last edited:
sensi, ive been reading the horseshit for almost 2 days now. fiveouncesofpain has stated that the FSAC will NOT be looking into this incident. thats a fucking shame

W

Wunderkind

They didn’t want me to take him down -- let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try to stand up and punch with him.

dumb fighters LOL

Instead of hinting at it, like he was trying to do, he drops the truth, and thinks he's just hinted at it.

G. Sensi

Whats worse is he goes and throws UFC's name into the mix....

To me, that falls under the categorie of snitchin....
And you know what snitches get.... DITCHES!!!

-G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts