What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Sparkies here?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have seen a few users talk of coding, but there seems a real shortage of Electronics type guys. Can I really be the only one out of so many regular posters?

I have ideas sometimes that need knocking back and forth for a few rounds, to beat them square.

Right now I want to dim my LED lights if temperatures get too high. I'm looking at a transistor sized part that gives a linear voltage based on temp. 0.750v at 25c and a 10mV shift per degree C. I need to move about a volt per degree for a 10% reduction, as most drivers like a 0-10v control voltage. I figure I need to look at that 0.750 volt as about 0.0075 by using a different ground reference. Then an amp can lift this 0.0075 +/- 10mv back to about 12v with a 1v per degree change. My numbers will be off at this point, but the dimmer on the light can make that 12v whatever you want to feed the thing, and get that wider range of voltage change through the amplification after reducing the 0.75 by shifting the ground.

Anyone following this?

Latest posts

Latest posts