What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any sound freaks out there?

G

My car's systems powered by
2x Soundstream xta480.4's
2x Soundstream xta360.2's
Infinity Kappa 6.5"s & 6x9's & 1" tweeters
Kicker Solobaric 12"s (new models)
Head unit is Soundstream-vdvd300r

Thanks to my local infinity/soundstream dealer for hooking me up with open box special $ on EVERYTHING! (and to my income tax check, without it, id be stock still ) :)

full time daddy
Veteran
SpacemanSpliff said:
As far as headphones, I have a pair of Sennheiser headphones (DJ style, big ones) that sound excellent. Bose is usually a safe bet, too. Big headphones are a pain in the ass to lug around, but damn, they sound good. Especially when you're stoned out of your mind laying on your bed with the lights out and your eyes closed.

go to rat shack and listen to the pro35's u will be amased

kingspade said:
you built your own crossovers?
thats weird, i've never seen that before
is it even cheaper then just buying them?
they aren't that expensive
yep sure do, most ppl have not seen it thats why i thought id post on it
its about the same price but if u ever hurd a set u would never want stock ones again the expens is the sound q & sound q is not weird its the best :D

mmm420socal said:
All crossovers are is choke coils man... certain resistance cuts out certain freq's...

I used to get the same kinda stuff from the 'shack for my stuff.

Electronic crossovers are key in the car cuz its easy to tune them but when you KNOW the freq range you wanna cancel its not hard to build you own.
yep yep... cept shack's are not custem and rated @ very low watts

i use electronic in my car most amps have them built in but u still use cap & coil for your tweeters in car audio ;)

bartender187 said:
420- Looks like you build your own boxes, what kind of material do you use?
yeah man store bought shit blows its neva toned to right freq ( box or crossovers )

i build all my boxex tuned to spec's of the speaker.
i use mdf press bored 3/4"( not the cheaper stuff)
i have built a few box with 1" wood.
allways glue the edges & seal i like window caulk ( clear ) the wht or gray crack after about a yr. use 1 1/2" screws and predrill with countersink allways i drop a screw every 4-6" for sub's & 6-8" for midrange style

Last edited:
as a recording engineer i gotta have that quality sound ...usually its all about flat clean sound when mixing but i like to crank that shit up too lol 00420 knows what im talkin bout

Latest posts

Latest posts