What's new

any san diego surf fisherman here?

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
my buddie MEDUSER420 on here lives down there and surf fishes.......havent spoken to him in a quick sec but ill shoot him a pm and have him pop up on here.......:thank you:

check out his pic of his last fishing trip.

Last edited:
Fishing tips

Fishing tips

Tip # 1. Don't eat what you catch.

Tip # 2. Get some fresh Muscles and use a Sinker 2-4 oz depending on line size and surf conditions. I wouls use 12 lb test and bring some larger weights if surf (rip tide) is strong.

Tip #3. Use a bottom sinker set up with sinker on bottom and one or two leaders up from sinker about two to three feet up from bottom sinker with about one foot leaders. Use # 4 or 6 bait holder hooks and a piece of thread to wrap around muscle to hold it on.

I use to surf fish everyday when the waves where no good for surfing at my dads house in sunset beach forty five years ago. Can't fish there anymore. If the fish are not radiated from Japan they are polluted from the inland runofff that has been getting worse every year since the sixtys.It would be the same in SD. I would catch really nice Corbina and many different kinds of perch and even Halibut sometimes. My dad caught a 30 lb stripped bass off the shore. Sadly you can't even fish there anymore. But i have fished just about every beach from mexico to Oregon. I can't remembera specific beach in SD to go to but try to find one with a sandy beach. The rocky shores are not as good IMHO for surf fishing Hell might as well go down to Ensenada some exellent surf fishing beaches there. Just don't get caught in a place the cartels hang around. So cali and mexico is just "The armpit of the world now" as far as i'm concerned. Would love to go hang in Mex surfing fishing and drinking when I was a lad..No Mo , Not this kid. Sorry, don't really mean to be a "Buzz kill" I just tell the truth to much gets me in trouble sometimes. Have fun bro, hope your catch is outstanding...!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts