What's new

Any reviews on USHIO bulbs? 600w HPS

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
The final thoughts on my side by side test of Solarmax and USHIO 600w HPS bulbs as promised.

The Solarmax side is appears to be yielding slightly more. Spectrum has stayed the same and both appear identical. Both bulbs helped me yield my biggest crop yet. I choose Solarmax with the longer life and average lower price tag.

Rooster420

:dunno::smokeit:gotta another question if someone could help me out? I'm about to buy four 1000 digi ballasts whats better Quantum or
icon2.gif
lumatek (since they were to be upgraded).

Is it also necessary to get the Ushio bulbs if your buying the Quantum? Cause I heard that the Lumateks are the ones having problems? I would just really like to know whats best before I go dumping all this money into my medical grow I was gonna order from igrowhydro.com. does anyone know a better deal than the $538.95 with the XXXL magnum hood they have advertised?

Also are the Wacky bags (8 bag) as good as the original Bubble Bag Brand bubble bags?:dunno:
icon10.gif

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Check with plantlightinghydroponics.com and dchydro.com. I don't know exactly what they carry that you're looking for but their prices are THE best out there. You'll do fine with USHIO bulbs in digi ballasts. Solarmax are great in digis too. I still prefer Solarmax due mostly to the cheaper price and longer track record. Both bulbs will perform well though.

You may want to start a new thread since this isn't really a thread for your questions though.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Ushio bulbs are a very high quality product, been running them for 20 years in the coral reef trade. Back in the day, the German made bulbs were the only way to go for spectrum and burn time. I have also used them for growing and they have always been a solid product. I have a large box full of Ushio back up bulbs that were pulled because of age but still burn, most of them were pulled after 1.5 - 2 years of use.

BigTop

Just had an Ushio 1k kinda crap out on the start of a second run... on a c&c. It registered new at appx 1330PAR & it's at 970 now. Got 2 other Ushio's on the Quantums... both at 1250 appx. Odd that the one on the c&c crapped out... maybe just the odd one out of a batch...?

btw, the Hortilux's have run great on my Quantums... and the c&c's, for what it's worth. Peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts