What's new

Any old HB memebers?

• Thread starter IceColdCrickets
  • Start date
I

IceColdCrickets

Just making a place for old HB members to get back in touch. Lost contact with a few great people when it went down.

Hope to see a few old faces around.

ICC (Old HB Gnomes)

flexo

I used to chill there, too bad it went down. By any chance did you copy that list of crosses the members compiled?

I

IceColdCrickets

Sorry no I didn't copy the list of crosses. Maybe HB will come back?? I don't know.

snork

Hej,

I became a member of highbred.net only few month before it died.
Even with practically noone ever online I loved the place. Finally a forum where you did not have to deal with those who can't grasp the autoflowering concept and the new possibilities this concept is offering.
Like a whole new branch of philosophy.

You know, those that regularly storm any autoflowering topic and yell "Lowryder is shyte! Get yourself a REAL plant!"
At highbred you could be sure not to encounter any of that nonsense ever!
I guess it's the same for low-wattage growers that have to face the "everything below 1 gigawatt is rubbish!" yelling idiots all the time.

I missed it (HB) so much I was thinking about asking for membership at lowryder.dk. I can read danish so-là-là, but it would have been too arduous to follow topics for me.

And I registered here at icmag mainly to ask if anyone saved the documentational topics of highbred.net. I remember this AF A-Z and whatnot. I did not have the chance to read all of it, and I wanted to believe the place would recover, that's why I did not save them myself. Yeah, right, I know that has been stupid.

So if anyone has it and would be so kind to offer it stuffed in a tarball, zip or whatever, that would be really, really nice.
----------------------------------------
And next a big Thank You! to whoever created this AF subforum here, but as it is open to every icmag member, it can't offer this same peace as at highbred. Still good to have it.

*sigh* Looks like I have to collect enough posts to be able to become a member of that social group, I guess.
----------------------------------------
Funny enough in Germany HB refers to a BIG forum attached to a BIG growshop, and the forum is not known to be the highest quality place ever. lol

So long, snork

Last edited:

*mr.mike*

If you look on archive.org, you can find highbred on the wayback machine. I don't know how to access the information, if any, though.

snork

I don't know how to access the information, if any, though.
Me neither, it wasn't a publicly readable forum, so maybe the login page is really all they got. It is hard to find out about if 9 out of 10 times you get "server does not answer".
But I will try more. I once actually was able to get some precious info from there.

Thank you for the idea. :yes:

@idiot : yeah, welcome to you too.

Ganico

Veteran
I used to post there. Why'd it go down?

Last I heard they were having hosting or server problems or something?

I

IceColdCrickets

hosting problems and a crash that lasted forever and could never really recover from. lost to many members.

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But none of the above was the real reason it was taken down the last time.

S_a_H

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
I was an infrequent member.....less than 20 posts over a couple years if I remember.
it was a GREAT site for information about AFs. Only thing was, at least when I was there, it was 5-10 members online at once and threads didn't progress too quickly. That was a good thing too though.....few to no trolls......at least that I saw :)

*mr.mike*

True that, about no trolls, but the fact that you had to register to view, let alone post, is part of what let highbred die. As soon as you put a door in front of people...

krazycure

i am still around in mdanzig's seed section, I saved... a couple of grow diaries but nowhere near how much i really wanted to save.

flexo

I miss the hops/LR cross with the trippy growth pattern..I still want to see one of those flower.

I dont know about that hops x LR experiment. By the pictures it didnt look like a hybrid plant to me and if I remember correctley the dude never finished up the thread.

Who knows though, it may have worked and he might be busy ironing the strain out.

lunatick

high all,i`m a former highbred member and just joined icmag,my highbred nick name was landsman in the good old days.(what a loss).

peace --==~ ~ ~

Latest posts

Latest posts