What's new

any LCD Tv experts? (another fukin problem...)...errrr!!

NOKUY

Veteran
got the diagnosis from the shop today

...it's the 'main board'...like i finally thought....

gonna be $225 to fix...

...not thrilled, but gonna go ahead w/ fixin it....

thought i'd let u guys know since i like to know the outcomes of shit ppl post :wave:

L

longearedfriend

I fixed my old samsung lcd by replacing bad capacitors on the mainboard of the tv... Had to open it, find the bad caps, desolder them, replace them with new ones from radioshack, and bam, perfectly working tv for like 5 bucks in parts and a little time.

You can determine if the caps have gone bad by noticing a bulge at the top, or even fluid leaking out the top, whereas good ones will be flat or depressed at the top.

lcd_repair_4_bad_capacitors_lg.jpg

It's subtle in the pic, but when you see it in person in 3D you'll be able to tell if they are flat or bulged pretty easy.

This may not be the problem with your TV at all, but its prolly worth a look inside. If you do need to remove the board upon seeing bad caps, just pay attention to all the connections and put them back right - snap a pic when you get it open and everything is still connected.

edit - I should add, my tv specifically started taking a long time to activate the screen after hitting the power button... After a couple months, it would just try forever without being able to get the screen on. After replacing those capacitors, it was back to turning on as fast as when it was brand new. Does sound kinda similar to your issue, so this is why i say its worth a look inside, especially being such a cheap fix.

we have a tv that does that

you turn it on, and it takes a while for the screen to appear

soil margin

Veteran
I'm so glad I can go days or even weeks at a time without watching TV.

Such a horrible addiction to have, I'd almost rather be smoking crack.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
There's a buss fuse just off the power cord where it's soldered to the power supply. Take it out and check it. If it's not a monofilament wire, you might can't see if it's a dud. You can check it with an ohm meter.

Latest posts

Latest posts