What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
V&B is one nutes ,used for veg & bud?? right?
any imfo on where i can get some ?
link or pm me thanks.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
V&B is one nutes ,used for veg & bud?? right?
any imfo on where i can get some ?

link or pm me thanks.

If it was one nute for a GREAT veg & Bloom then why the hell do they sell the +Size to add in bloom? It's a two part if you want the BANG. It's a one part if you want bang.
That said it all sounds like a GREAT product:tiphat:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah.

Been using V + B for > 2 years for hydro. Part of the reason was the reasonably well balanced PK, which is ample for fine nuggz. If anything, a formula with less N for bloom would be nice

But the rest?

If it was one nute for a GREAT veg & Bloom then why the hell do they sell the +Size to add in bloom? It's a two part if you want the BANG. It's a one part if you want bang.
That said it all sounds like a GREAT product:tiphat:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Some people are just negative! If HR didn't put out the +life and +size there are those who would blast them for not putting out a complete line Wow HATERS!

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
just ordered +size... going to run it with RO formula DWC.. anyone got strengths recommendations? X ppm RO + Y ppm size???

2 grams per gallon during pistillate growth, 3 grams per gallon for calyx swell. Top off EC with Veg+Bloom. Limit to 3 consecutive days during appropriate weeks.

rob feature

I made it through about the first half of this thread and still haven't seen much mention of +Size. Anybody using it? Is it making much of a difference?

I switched to v+b dirty a couple of weeks ago as I started flowering. I'd been using Biogrow and CalMag for veg. It was going so-so. My Mendocino Diesel looked like shit though & the other plants were starting to show what I think were signs of deficiencies (4 strains - the diesel, AK Cherry Lime, Blueberry & Master Kush.

I'm pretty new at the growing thing although I took a couple of weak stabs at it long ago. This made me want to simplify things. Since plant nutrition is a rather complex monster, I went looking for simple and was turned on to this stuff by my local grow store. I'd asked for Maxibloom, but they steered me to HR instead - said I'd be happier all around. I relented as these guys seem to really know their stuff.

I vegged clones for 30 days. After 2 weeks in flower, I'm pretty sure they nailed it. Any problem spots on the plants have ceased. The MCD snapped out of it and started playing nice with the others. Growth has been shocking for all plants.

So tonight will mark the end of the 2nd week of flower and I intend to start mixing +Size. Should be interesting to see how things go from here. But as of right now I couldn't be happier.

Grow thread is here if you're interested. I'll try to post up some pics once the lights come back on tonight.

This is the last photo I took in there - day 10 flower - AKCL.

i-SD9wjM2-XL.jpg

more tonight hopefully

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the plus size is fairly new , which is why you haven't seen much mention of it till now . i don't think anybody has even finished a run with it yet . i know ICbuds is using it , but even he was asking when to stop using it . if i were you , i'd send Chris at HR an email asking about feeding with it .
& whatever he tells ya , please come back & give us a heads up on what , when & how much .

Last edited:

rob feature

Don't even have to go there. My local grow geeks gave me this when I picked up my nutes

i-kJMjhNL-XL.jpg

Since I'm growing in soil and feeding with every watering, I'm roughly dividing these figures by 3. So I'm giving 1.6 g/gal at the moment. The garden seems to love it, so I'm gonna keep this up until I find a reason to change. At this rate, I should get 2-3 grows out of the pound of v+b...+Size should last much longer if I go by this schedule.

rob feature

I mixed up the first bit of +Size tonight.

One thing about it I noticed right off is that using a volumetric tool to dose this stuff may be a bad idea. I plopped a tiny bit on the scale and it made a loud pinging sound like rocks or something. It seems kinda heavy. So I'm guessing a teaspoon of this might weigh a good bit more than a teaspoon of v+b? Maybe I'll try this out next time. Seems like the +Life is really light, v+b is somewhere in between and +Size is heavy. I guess if that's true, volumetric means would throw you off on this whole kit. Then again, I think most of you are using electronics for this, so I may be talking to the wind...won't be the first time.

2nd thing is my pH works out to be perfect - exactly 6.4. This is in city water, 1.6 g/gal v+b; <.1g/gal +Life; .3g/gal +Size. :woohoo:

Really pleased with the way things are going in the garden at the moment. Here's that AKCL 4 days later

i-mTb4xsJ-XL.jpg

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 grams per gallon during pistillate growth, 3 grams per gallon for calyx swell. Top off EC with Veg+Bloom. Limit to 3 consecutive days during appropriate weeks.

thanks. where did you get this from.. the website says 1-2 grams per gallon week 3-7? Seeing good results?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
week 7 & 8 & they want you to still feed at 1000 ppms ..... i'm sorry , but no way in hell am i continuing to feed that high that late .
i never even go over 1000 at my peek .

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rob, very healthy plants

I don't give the 1000ppm bump until buds set, then for 7-10 days max, then back down by ~ 100ppm per week

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Got a # of the dirty for free. Going to compare and contrast thru a veg run.
At that price how could one say no? LOL
:tiphat:
TR

rob feature

I don't think I noticed anywhere in the thread nor on the packaging/website about how long you can keep this stuff mixed. Anybody know? I'm typically mixing in jugs & trying to use it all immediately, but have leftovers some days. I've just been dumping the extra in the flower bed out front, but would really like to save it for the stuff inside. Anybody think it's a bad idea to store it mixed in a sealed container for a day or 2?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I store what I don't use in a sealed bucket, but don't mix too much in advance

Good question to ask HR

rob feature

I store what I don't use in a sealed bucket, but don't mix too much in advance

Good question to ask HR

I think I'll drop 'em a line & ask. I tried storing the Biobizz stuff for a few days & that didn't go so well. I'd hate to have something go wrong over a few pennies here & there.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think I noticed anywhere in the thread nor on the packaging/website about how long you can keep this stuff mixed. Anybody know? I'm typically mixing in jugs & trying to use it all immediately, but have leftovers some days. I've just been dumping the extra in the flower bed out front, but would really like to save it for the stuff inside. Anybody think it's a bad idea to store it mixed in a sealed container for a day or 2?

I use blumats, so it is a DTW variant and there is no return back to the reservoir. In this configuration, the mixed nutrient is good for weeks - I have a food-grade drum that I use for a bulk reservoir, and very commonly mix up enough for 3+ weeks at a time. This reservoir then feeds a smaller, elevated one and a couple of times a day the lift pump and a stir pump cycle on & off. I asked Chris about it early on, and he said that it will not drop out of solution and would be fine. That has proven to be the case.