What's new

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
I don't go by EC to be honest.
I use nutridip trimeters, not sure what factor they use tho.
I also have a handheld tds pen made by milwaukee, but not sure on the conversion either.
If I had to guess I would think the .7, but clearly a shot in the dark.
Maybe I should dig up that info for my own good lol.
I mostly use ppm as a benchmark and let the girls tell me what they want.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I don't go by EC to be honest.
I use nutridip trimeters, not sure what factor they use tho.
I also have a handheld tds pen made by milwaukee, but not sure on the conversion either.
If I had to guess I would think the .7, but clearly a shot in the dark.
Maybe I should dig up that info for my own good lol.
I mostly use ppm as a benchmark and let the girls tell me what they want.

I used PPM too but with all the confusion on conversion factors I just switched my meters to EC. If you find out what that translates to, let me know. I'm trying to decide if I need to dial my whole regiment down.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Well I've been using the V&B Dirty for a few days now. Been testing on (2) Shark Shock plants in my main room, and my entire veg room/moms. I haven't noticed a huge difference on the SS plants, but in all honesty, the Veg room has BLOWN up

My moms completely perked up and are looking awesome. The veg plants are a Pheno Hunt I am doing, and those plants have been affected the most. After a couple days they have gained inches to their height, the leafs are enormous, and the color is perfect. They are only between 8" and 12" and the leafs are as big as my hand (see pictures).

Mosca C99
picture.php

MNS Critical Mass
picture.php

picture.php

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Greetings All,
I thought i'd give my impression Veg+Bloom based on my experiences.
I do not work for V+B but was given a very generous free sample of the R.O. formula so take it FWIW.
Lately I have been using ProMix as my medium. I did a full run with the ProMix/RO formula combo growing a ValleyOG x X-18 ( sts reversed) cross. My trich production was excellent and the taste was great. I should note though that one of the reasons I like this cross is that it has always tasted good regardless of my nutes or grow medium.
I experienced some yellowing early in flower and had to boost my EC to 1.7 for a few waterings to correct that. This strain is very hungry so I don't think it's all V+Bs "fault".
I just finished a run using the Dirty formula on some Daywrecker & ChemD that I pollinated heavily with Chem4 pollen ( sts reversed). A month in to flower these plants were ripped from their outdoor location and moved indoors due to a security issue. I mention this because it certainly impacted their health. Being that I was watering drain to waste the fact that theres always ( at least for me) sediment in the bottom of my rez when using Dirty wasnt a big deal. My plants never really looked good but I did get a shit load of seeds so....i'll call it a success.
I have gone back to the R.O version for my small / vegging plants. Its nice not to have the sediment and the plants are looking good. At this point im thinking about switching from the ProMix as my medium to rockwool &/or hydroton. I have a bunch of the hydroton left over from my previous ebb& flow setup. The reason I had tried the Dirty was over pH concerns using the R.O version with a peat based medium.
Im also thinking about using the V+B R.O as my veg nutes and then switching brands when I go in to flower. The ease of V+B is a HUGE pro in my book...just not sure its the complete start to finish answer for me personally.
I do like trying different things and that could be to my detriment. It can take some time to dial things in and if I'm constantly bouncing to something new...I'm always in the learning curve.

One last thought. Be really careful when measuring out the V+B. I managed to get enough moisture in my pail of Dirty that it clumped up. I call this user error and don't fault V+B but it is a concern when using a dry powder.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been using V+B RO Formula for ~ 2 years. As I've become more detailed in every aspect of growing, the V +B seems to work better and better

Got a question though, anybody go the extra mile and bump the CaMg during early veg and later flower?

I read something about this somewhere but don't recall where.

I have a left over 4 yo bttle of Botanicare CaMg+, so ~ 10 days ago I decided to give it a trial run on my mother plant. I have been adding ~ 60ppms to the flush water (~200ppm).

Plant looks just fine. Also have 4 clones so I started bumping them too, and plants look amazing.

Anyway, looking to take this to the next level.

Tips anybody?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Been using V+B RO Formula for ~ 2 years. As I've become more detailed in every aspect of growing, the V +B seems to work better and better

Got a question though, anybody go the extra mile and bump the CaMg during early veg and later flower?

I read something about this somewhere but don't recall where.

I have a left over 4 yo bttle of Botanicare CaMg+, so ~ 10 days ago I decided to give it a trial run on my mother plant. I have been adding ~ 60ppms to the flush water (~200ppm).

Plant looks just fine. Also have 4 clones so I started bumping them too, and plants look amazing.

Anyway, looking to take this to the next level.

Tips anybody?

I talked with Chris the other day and he said adding Cal-Mag is not necessary. I suppose on some extra hungry strains it could be viable, although I'd probably just leave them until they told me they wanted extra.

I've been using it straight, with no Cal-Mag with no problems at all.

LEDfoot

Newbie here. I have a gallon of CalMag+ but I've resisted using it. I'm using RO/Soft V+B purchased a year ago.

My situation: municiple well water, treated by the city with sodium hydroxide to raise the pH to 7.4 to prevent corrosion of old plumbing. I assume there is enough Ca but I need to contact the water department to get a number. The utility says the sodium is 20 ppm.

I'd show a photo of my veg room but it's just OK. I'm using B'cuzz coco (stored for three years) and I think it's too dense. I started out under watering but the greenest plants were the heaviest (tropf Blumat system).

My only complaint is soft orange-brown algae by the 10th day of the reservoir change-out. It is in a separate alcove with folding doors and the temperature is about 66 deg F. White Botanicare 10 gal res with lid but getting some ambient light over the wall from a bare 1000W MH. I'm considering adding 29% H2O2 at the rate of 3ml per gallon (?). I was hoping to go two weeks between res changes.

The V+B doesn't dissolve real well for me but I have a 150gph mag-drive pump on a cycle timer. Things are working but I need to finish the flower room . . . time to staple the pond liner to the walls, etc.

Edit: Using GH pH drops, the tap water looks like pH 7 to me. I add 1 ml of GH pH Down per gallon and 1 ml of H&G Drip Clean per gallon. Feeding one level teaspoon per three gallons of water. I've been holding the pH at 6 (pale yellow with no green tinge).

I talked with Chris the other day and he said adding Cal-Mag is not necessary. I suppose on some extra hungry strains it could be viable, although I'd probably just leave them until they told me they wanted extra.

I've been using it straight, with no Cal-Mag with no problems at all.

If you are one of the ones who are unlucky enough to get one of the BAD BATCHES apparently, you will def need CalMag and will need to run an EC of up to 1400 just to get any nutrients to your plants.

Veg+Bloom is officially shit to me. It cost me an entire tray recently that i had to switch to another nutrient at week 4 to try and save it. It was pure yellow and was NOT locked out. The new nutrient has it coming back but I lost 10 good days of growth.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
If you are one of the ones who are unlucky enough to get one of the BAD BATCHES apparently, you will def need CalMag and will need to run an EC of up to 1400 just to get any nutrients to your plants.

Veg+Bloom is officially shit to me. It cost me an entire tray recently that i had to switch to another nutrient at week 4 to try and save it. It was pure yellow and was NOT locked out. The new nutrient has it coming back but I lost 10 good days of growth.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I can most certainly say I don't have a bad batch. I've been running 1.0-1.3 EC on my vegging plants and mothers and they are absolutely perfect, and experiencing rapid growth rates. This is considerably lower EC than I have ever run in the past as well.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm about to restock my V+B supply, and was debating about trying out the +Life. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone using this with Blumats to see if there have been any problems that resulted.

Thanks.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can't speak to +life, but recently Chris (V+ B) 'improved' it. I didn't ask how.

Looking for an edge? Drop into my "Using magnets" thread

I'm about to restock my V+B supply, and was debating about trying out the +Life. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone using this with Blumats to see if there have been any problems that resulted.

Thanks.

If you guys are really wanting a simple "1 part" alternative that IMO works better than Veg+Bloom, these are cheap and ive used them all and they def have given better results.

CNS17 (dislike it greatly but still better than V+B)

Foliage Pro (awesome. run it Veg-Flower)

Dyna Grow GROW (also awesome and can be ran the whole way through)

Jacks Classic (very good 20-20-20) that has everything you need in it. Dry powder

Maxigro (always solid, cut it in half and add MAxibloom at week 4 of flower)

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
Just chopping a dirty run on 2 of my tables, hydroton for medium.
I've never had fatter or frostier Apollo 11 nugs like these before!
Killer queen looks great too.
Fed at 1tsp/gallon to start and only topped off the res with straight water after that.
Walked away for about 2 weeks at a time and the ph never got too wacky before the top off.
Lowest it got when they were really drinking was about 5.25-5.3. Topped off and was just about 5.8 again, pretty simple IME.

I've been tinkering withy the +life a little bit, but it kinda skanks out the res a little bit, being I don't do change outs I kinda stopped in they hydro.
Plants like it in the soil tho, working pretty well there I guess.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been using the RO formula again now for about a month on my vegging & 1 tray of seedlings in flower & i'm glad i tried it again !!! i don't know if it was my water screwing things up last time or they had a bad batch . but i'm really glad i waited awhile & bought more . the only difference i'm seeing now , from when i used it before ... is after its mixed i have to PH down from 6.3 to 5.8 other than that .... its working great again !!! my veg looks better than it has in a long time !!!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
caravaggio .... we got the hint that your not happy with it . so why keep coming back & slamming it ??? just move on bro .... we got that you don't like it .

ICbuds

Veteran
Still loving my girls with the Dirty. Anyone else noticed larger leaves using the +life? My veg is out of control. I've also started using more water during the last 12 days and then let them dry out which stacks em' up
picture.php

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Leaves on my veg are huge too, substantially larger than my hand and the plants in veg are just in 1 Gallon containers. What strain is that IC?

slowandeasy

Veteran
Still loving my girls with the Dirty. Anyone else noticed larger leaves using the +life? My veg is out of control. I've also started using more water during the last 12 days and then let them dry out which stacks em' upView Image

No offense, but those buds look horrible! Look likes they are burnt and possibly has bud rot.. I have a sample of Dirty, not sure if I will use it... those buds look dirty. I would not brag about any plant that looks like that, I hope it is bad lighting

Latest posts

Latest posts