What's new

any kiss users have exp. with veg+bloom

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rico got what I was trying to say. I don't know what feeding method you are using, but I use blumats. Since they are a continual feed system, .4 EC can be a pretty big jump when you are getting to the upper end of what the girls want.

Tyga

Veteran
Been rocking 5.5grams/gal and my ECSD is looking just as dark and healthy as netoprophets girls. Still havent ran this nute in flower yet just on the moms but they are loving it at that doseage.

Blow em' up T! runnin 1.8 an they are suckin it up. I don't even check my ph with the RO any more
shit stays dead on, day after day, clean and mean
j0ci2a.jpg

2zhnku9.jpg

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Blow em' up T! runnin 1.8 an they are suckin it up. I don't even check my ph with the RO any more
shit stays dead on, day after day, clean and mean

Lookin great Net !!!!

i'm with ya on the PH thing ..... the only time i check it anymore is on the lower doses where i need a pinch of PH down , but the heavy doses are on the money everytime :)

Started to use this at 1/2 tsp per gallon and so far my plants are LOVING it, havent got any pics as of yet but Ill definately make a journal when I flip em

ya Dan, solid pH performance, these are at 2.0EC and the pH has been 5.8-5.9 without anything added.

Musicinized getting the babies going! going to be some pumped up young ones on the block!

keep us on the up and up cannabloomer, it's all about the results

shit is cranking over here, 2.0EC and they are pushing mad growth daily. thinking about lacing these up and lolly popping them all to fill the tray with solid stacks.

mv2c7d.jpg

and here they were when I flipped

qnmuqs.jpg

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hey everyone! im just making the switch over to v+b myself and was wondering if it is ok to keep an airstone in the res or if a small water pump would be a better option. i know some nutes like h and g say not to use airstones. thanks

E

ekomsi

I use a water pump with a hose. Circulates to the top of the 55 gal barrel

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey everyone! im just making the switch over to v+b myself and was wondering if it is ok to keep an airstone in the res or if a small water pump would be a better option. i know some nutes like h and g say not to use airstones. thanks

I think it depends on the size of the rez . my little 18 gallon rez's don't need any circulation , they only last about 4 days max .

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't do anything to add air other than a stir pump that kicks on in my lower reservoir when the lift pump feeding the upper reservoir kicks on. I use blumats and have had problems with entrained air in the past, so I avoid adding any.

This is the current run at 20 days of 12/12 -

picture.php

Desert Hydro

Veteran
that looks beautiful rives! so uniform. how do you like those air pots? i love mine. you should see the difference between same age clones that i put one in 3gal airpot and the other in 1 gal reg pots on the same day to veg in. i put one of each keeper from a solo cup into an air pot and they are about 3x the size of the 1gal traditional pot. i think im gonna have to buy more :)

i think ours are the same size. yours have the yellow bottom insert?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
hey rives got another q for you. looks like your coco has a bunch of perlite in it? ive been running straight coco and i just recently started adding in some leftover hydroton i had from previous dwc's but there isnt a whole lot in there. anyways my q is should i add in perlite if so at what ratio? thanks -dh

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i hate to keep bumping this thread but at least its related lol...... i started using my sample and i figured i would go on the lighter end and work my way up. i saw tygas 5.5g per gal and he said that was working quite well so i started at 5g per gal to see how they are going to react. when i checked my ppms im sitting at about 1040ppm. does that seem right? that puts me at about 2.1 ec which seems a tad high. i did add about 5cc of ph up to get her to sit at 6.0 but thats it. i think my meter needs to be replaced. ive been using the same busted ass hanna tri meter for close to 10 years lol. the ph meter doesnt work but i figured the ppms would be ok. i dont have any reference solution either. i guess if thats what everyone is using i should be fine unless i have finicky plants but i think they are fine.

E

ekomsi

Seems high to me but it depends what your tap waters EC Is by it self.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that looks beautiful rives! so uniform. how do you like those air pots? i think ours are the same size. yours have the yellow bottom insert?

I don't recall what the insert color is on the pots, but they are the 3+ gallon version. They seem to work well, I like the smart pots as well but they are so limp that moving the plant around disturbs the root structure until they fill up.

hey rives got another q for you. looks like your coco has a bunch of perlite in it? ive been running straight coco and i just recently started adding in some leftover hydroton i had from previous dwc's but there isnt a whole lot in there. anyways my q is should i add in perlite if so at what ratio? thanks -dh

I'm not sure what the ratio is - it is Botanicare ReadyGro Aeration Mix straight out of the bag. I got sick of screwing around supplementing and mixing media, so I tried this out and it works great. This is my second run with it and I'm very happy with how it performs.

i saw tygas 5.5g per gal and he said that was working quite well so i started at 5g per gal to see how they are going to react. when i checked my ppms im sitting at about 1040ppm. does that seem right? that puts me at about 2.1 ec which seems a tad high.

I haven't seen where you mention what stage your plants are in, but that EC is quite a bit hotter than what I use at the peak. I started vegging last time at an EC of .6, and that was far too light. I gradually kicked it up and at about .8 things looked better. This time I vegged at 1.0, and it worked perfectly. The last week of 20/4 I started kicking it up, and have been running it at EC 1.6 during 12/12. This is just a little bit higher than what I used last time. As Ekomsi said, it depends on your inbound water ppm - mine is only about about 60 ppm.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
im using ro, my tap is 850 lol......and no one ever believes but it really is. they are in all stages of growth. uppotting tonight. all moving into flower :) gonna be busy for the next couple hours. i'll put up pics soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts