What's new

any idea what bug this is?

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Gotcha. This is becoming more puzzling now. I was sitting in my veg space when out of nowhere I see this big as flying thing. I was looking at a gnat flying when this thing came whirling in. It honestly scared the shit out of my, thought it was a gnat on steroid at first.

Crazy thing is it just fell mid air and landed right in front of one of my clones that was raised off the ground. I thought I was tripping cause it looked like a rock when i picked it up. I put it in a baggy and it started to move, and when I put the scope over it applying pressure, the bugs back opened and you could see the start of wings.

Im about ready to through everything in veg away, finish flower and start over.

This doesnt look like a bad guy (I think), but I dont know why I'm getting all these random bugs now. Making me a bit uneasy.

picture.php
picture.php

*edit*
Maybe this ?
"
Bean Leaf Beetle

Description. Coloration will vary, but adults are typically red to yellow with a black band around the margin of the wing covers. Black spots may or may not be present. Injury. Adult beetles often feed on the underside of the leaf, creating holes. If disturbed the beetles will drop to the ground and remain motionless for several minutes.
Plants Attacked. All kinds of beans and peas."

taken from

http://www.i4at.org/lib2/gardbugs.htm

he dropped the second he flew into the cup like an idiot.

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
And the list goes on..

I think I saw a caterpillar larvae today. Found a random leaf laying on the soil and looked at underside with magnification and saw what looked like a tiny ass caterpillar. Definitely not a BM or RA or anything like that. Found every damn bug but them man. Not sure wtf is goin on, but plants seem minimally affected for the moment. Can't wait to scrub everything thing ans start fresh.

Tiny ass caterpillar (I hope caterpillar. Not sure what bud guy it could be looking exactly like one).

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's g.d. moths. They're always laying eggs (which turn into those damn caterpillars). Kill every moth you see. I use a bug zapper

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
Thanks man. Havnt seen any moths but im on the lookout now. Really gotta rethink my setup if Im gettin all these critters on just the 2nd run, especially this early in the year. Just scrubbing everything isnt gonna stop them from coming back, even if I treat the coco with heat first killing any eggs. Gotta lot more reading to do.