What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any hydroponic/grow store owners/employees?

dboi87

I was just kinda curious... What are the hottest items and biggest sellers? Is it pretty constant or do the "hot" items change from year to year? If there were any must have items you sell what would they be?

FYI I'm in ******** and just curious. You don't have to worry about any conflict of interest or competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
well yes, and no ... in the legal cannabis scene... there are stores that deal w/ cannabis...is kind of obvious ... if u really look deep at there product line and or inventory...
mind U not directly growing in the store or running there mouthes about this or that....
BUT when U look at sum of the big out fits out on the west coast mind U....
several of there websites shop bestseller and hot items IE on sale ... and such...
looking and sum of the big out fit's is obvious... they got PALLETS of specialty dirt blends...PALLETS of ballast and bulbs... obvious serious ventilation needs, and supplies...
as U learn more of the entire bizniz it becomes obvious... and u would never need ask...
example ... http://www.ecogrow.com/

dboi87

dude growshop owners cant be associated with cannabis or they get busted
I never asked them to identify themselves or their stores. I just wanted to know a little about the industry itself and what products sold best for them

meltybubble

I never asked them to identify themselves or their stores. I just wanted to know a little about the industry itself and what products sold best for them

Its a crazy situation when one cannot advise without fear of the law.
Fear is their only real weapon, if not for the fear they would,, not have jobs?

Having watched things grow, our first shops really were better in lots of ways.
Better stocked etc now, but they are de-humanising the people who use the products as well as the ones who sell them also. It seems like a desperate attempt to slow up all at every junction.

I would say bulbs and nutrients, nutrients being the most sold. This is just a guess form being a customer and I hope it is of help.

regards.:tiphat:

Last edited:
dude growshop owners cant be associated with cannabis or they get busted

A few years back - 2002 ish (I think) the US supreme court ruled in the case of a Michigan grow shop owner. This was before medical is MI- just the old days of everything illegal.

The case was about a shop owner who was telling people how to grow cannabis. He was charged under federal law. The conviction was upheld by the lower courts. The supreme court ruled the owner was able to speak about anything he liked and it was protect 1st amendment speech. They said you could sell legal products and talk about illegal use while doing it.

Not finding link right now with all the recent cannabis activity in MI. I read the official court papers a couple of times years ago. Anyone else having better luck on Google today?