What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Good Stuff on Netflix or Prime

Lyfespan

I’ve been watching the sci-fi The Expanse its on Prime , up to season 5 I’d give it Three stars out of five it just barely entertaining at this point

i was watching too, till things got too BS its like the good writers moved on to bigger projects

got all niptuck and rescue me

imiubu

Knock Knock with Keanu Reeves. Meh.

There was a time I rather liked him as an actor. I've recently realized that his acting falls really flat. jm02 of course.
Story line in this movie was kinda freaky.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Couple of recent finds on Netflix...

“The Liberator”: a lieutenant takes a bunch of Army misfits from the SW US & molds them in a team that serves with distinction from Sicily to Dachau during WWII. Filmed with real actors, but rotographed or something for a simulated animation effect. Good performances, well done show - worth watching if you like war movies. Miniseries.

Just binged this. Very very good.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Binging Boston Legal on prime.
They look at current problems with allot of humor and some perspective.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Watching. The Revenant for >>> $3.99 on Prime ... Tom Hardy makes the movie good ...
picture.php

Green Squall

Both "Master and Commander" and "The Last of the Mohicans" were recently added to Prime. Two movies which I think would drop on my top 10 list.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I tried but couldn't get past the animation effect.
Like a black and white movie, you'll forget about it soon enough. Give it a shot.

There was a time when movies had to depend on a plot. Not so much on whiz bang. Some of the first color movies are amazing. The best opening scene for me is in SHANE. Fantastic.

[Iframe2]4ddWyHhrIG0[/iframe2]

Lyfespan

Like a black and white movie, you'll forget about it soon enough. Give it a shot.

There was a time when movies had to depend on a plot. Not so much on whiz bang. Some of the first color movies are amazing. The best opening scene for me is in SHANE. Fantastic.

[Iframe2]4ddWyHhrIG0[/iframe2]

great B&W movie

The Best Years of Our Lives

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
great B&W movie

The Best Years of Our Lives

Sorry folks. Shane was in Technicolor.

Stuff from Wikipedia:

Academy Award
Academy Award for Best Cinematography, Color: Loyal Griggs; 1954

Interesting stuff
"Stevens wanted to demonstrate to audiences "the horrors of violence". To emphasize the terrible power of gunshots, he created a cannon-like sound effect by firing a large-calibre weapon into a garbage can. In addition, he had the two principal shooting victims—Palance and Elisha Cook Jr.—rigged with hidden wires that jerked them violently backward when shot. These innovations, according to film historian Jay Hyams, marked the beginning of graphic violence in Western movies. He quotes Sam Peckinpah: "When Jack Palance shot Elisha Cook Jr. in Shane, things started to change.""

Lyfespan

Sorry folks. Shane was in Technicolor.

Stuff from Wikipedia:

Academy Award
Academy Award for Best Cinematography, Color: Loyal Griggs; 1954

Interesting stuff
"Stevens wanted to demonstrate to audiences "the horrors of violence". To emphasize the terrible power of gunshots, he created a cannon-like sound effect by firing a large-calibre weapon into a garbage can. In addition, he had the two principal shooting victims—Palance and Elisha Cook Jr.—rigged with hidden wires that jerked them violently backward when shot. These innovations, according to film historian Jay Hyams, marked the beginning of graphic violence in Western movies. He quotes Sam Peckinpah: "When Jack Palance shot Elisha Cook Jr. in Shane, things started to change.""

was just saying that the movie i listed was a great B&W movie, not yours, dont remember why i quoted that post of yours, lost that thought to the dab gods