What's new

Any golfer's out there

bickeyb

yoyo huge golfer right here! been playing my whole life! wont tell you what i shoot until after we play for money :laughing:

right now in my bag
cleveland cg15 wedges 62 58 54
cleveland cg tour irons with project x 7.0
adams 17 degree super hybrid with stock x flex aldila voodoo shaft
titleist 13 degree 904f 3 wood
adams 9064ls speed line drive with XX aldila rip shaft 8.5 degree bent open 2 degrees to a 7.5,, had the adams rep special order this one for me
old scotty cameron coronado .. putter is my money stick
as my ball goes im usually hitting the new zstar or bridgestone,, no more pro v's for me after the whole calaway deal, anti pro v

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
I am happy to say my bag has experienced an upgrade, traded in the 2009 taylormade burner 1,3,5 metal woods for R9 super tri driver and r9 fairways. Just got back from noodling around with hitting the driver in various set ups, there are 28 different set-ups on a super tri, and was really stoked with the added distance as well as being able to hit a draw.

peace -fb

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bickey 7.0's really? What are you a fucking gorilla?:) Sergio couldn't get those things to flex.

FallenBuddha...Gotta love the Supertri...I'm swingin the SuperDeep and I'm in love with it...Good luck with your new weapons, Bro.

trouble

Veteran
SEVE BALLESTEROS DEAD AT 54

SEVE BALLESTEROS DEAD AT 54

Seve Ballesteros, one of golf's most gifted & charismatic players, and winner of 5 majors, has passed-away surrounded by friends & family at his home in Pedrena, Northern Spain in the early hours of Saturday morning, after a long battle with cancer.

RIP Seve. Not only were you a great player, but more importantly, a first-class man.

:badday:

Last edited:

hiker

Rest in peace Seve, who among us when we were young did not pretend to be Seve when slashing one out of the trees only to find the green and one putt like only Seve could do. It is a shame, added so much to the game.

trouble

Veteran
Rest in peace Seve, who among us when we were young did not pretend to be Seve when slashing one out of the trees only to find the green and one putt like only Seve could do. It is a shame, added so much to the game.

The Golf Channel had a wonderful special dedicated to Seve over the weekend. It's full of great interviews with his friends on the PGA Tour, and highlights of his distinguished career. Seve was the master of great recovery shots out of trouble, no others could make golf shots when they had to under pressure like Seve.

:wave:

bickeyb

Bickey 7.0's really? What are you a fucking gorilla?:) Sergio couldn't get those things to flex.

lol what can i say i swing hard.. i was fitted to the 6.5's but i went with the 7's to keep that draw away and keep the ball flight down,, plus i can work the ball alot better with the 7's

trouble

Veteran
WELL DONE RORY!

WELL DONE RORY!

Rory McIlory 2011 US OPEN CHAMPION!

The wonderful people of Northern Ireland were still celebrating Graeme McDowell's 2010 US OPEN victory. Rory's win will just give them another excuse to continue the party another year!

As an Irish-American who over the years, has made many trips across the Sea to Ireland for golf & fun. I highly recommend anyone who has yet to visit the Emerald Islands that it should be atop your bucket-list in life.

Natural Beauty & Hospitality abounds, and the wonderful people of Ireland with they're weepy sentiment, and poetic humor, will make you feel not only welcomed, but quite certain that no other person in Celtic history has received better treatment then yourself when you board your flight back to reality.

Tronic

Rory McIlory 2011 US OPEN CHAMPION!

The wonderful people of Northern Ireland were still celebrating Graeme McDowell's 2010 US OPEN victory. Rory's win will just give them another excuse to continue the party another year!

As an Irish-American who over the years, has made many trips across the Sea to Ireland for golf & fun. I highly recommend anyone who has yet to visit the Emerald Islands that it should be atop your bucket-list in life.

Natural Beauty & Hospitality abounds, and the wonderful people of Ireland with they're weepy sentiment, and poetic humor, will make you feel not only welcomed, but quite certain that no other person in Celtic history has received better treatment then yourself when you board your flight back to reality.

Rory 1, Jason Day 2, and my buddy Kevin Chappell 3.

Heck of a US Open for the young guns.

What did I tell y'all about Jason Day? :dance013:

Tronic

yoyo huge golfer right here! been playing my whole life! wont tell you what i shoot until after we play for money :laughing:

right now in my bag
cleveland cg15 wedges 62 58 54
cleveland cg tour irons with project x 7.0
adams 17 degree super hybrid with stock x flex aldila voodoo shaft
titleist 13 degree 904f 3 wood
adams 9064ls speed line drive with XX aldila rip shaft 8.5 degree bent open 2 degrees to a 7.5,, had the adams rep special order this one for me
old scotty cameron coronado .. putter is my money stick
as my ball goes im usually hitting the new zstar or bridgestone,, no more pro v's for me after the whole calaway deal, anti pro v

Your driver is 6.5* effective loft, if it's truly bent two degrees open ;)

Also, if you're playing the super stiff shafts (im guessing your SS is somewhere in the high 120s/low 130s) and still hitting a draw then quit breaking the wrists homie! Swing the grip of the club with your forearms wrists never break.
:tiphat:

trouble

Veteran
Rory 1, Jason Day 2, and my buddy Kevin Chappell 3.

Heck of a US Open for the young guns.

What did I tell y'all about Jason Day? :dance013:

I really have taken a shine to your boy Jason Day's game.

I'm confident a major win is in the boy's near future. No doubt he already has the game, mental toughness, and the young man seems to be well grounded.

I was overjoyed to see Rory bounce-back after his total melt-down the final round of the Masters. Not many players could have overcome the sheer disappointment Rory experienced at the Masters so quickly, and come back in the next major of the year, and totally dominate the tournament.

:jump:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I'm a hobbiest golfer (not good) and walk around for the scenery and exercise. I've played a lot of courses here in Colorado and most of them seem rather wide open and easier. The toughest course I played was at Steamboat out in the woods somewhere and I lost a lot of golf balls. Has anyone played that new white colored driver from Titleist?

trouble

Veteran
I'm a hobbiest golfer (not good) and walk around for the scenery and exercise. I've played a lot of courses here in Colorado and most of them seem rather wide open and easier. The toughest course I played was at Steamboat out in the woods somewhere and I lost a lot of golf balls. Has anyone played that new white colored driver from Titleist?

If your referring to the Ghosted-white Titleist 905R Diver, I have a friend that I play with who uses one. His has a Mitsubishi Diamana 73g stiff shaft, and I've hit it a few times. Nice Club, and the finish is unbelievably cool.

My son's just bought me a new TaylorMade R11 Driver with a Fujikura Blur 60 shaft for fathers day, and I love it! Last year, I had disc replacement surgery, and have just recently returned to playing golf, and although my new artificial disc is holding-up well, since returning to the links, I lost 10-20 yards off the tee since my surgery, which I recovered most of that distance with my new TM R11. I thought I would go to my grave playing with my old 2009 TM Burner 10.5, graphite shaft diver, however, I really like the R11, and it has that cool-white finish on the head as well.

trouble

Veteran
140th Open.

140th Open.

Well Golf Fans, the stage is set for another exciting final round of the oldest major in golf, the 140th British Open!

Back in 1993, while visiting family in West Kensington, Greater London, I had the privilege of attending the British Open when it was held at the Royal George Golf Club in Sandwich, Kent, England when Greg "The Shark" Norman took home the Claret Jug.

It was a memorable experience I shall never forget, and must say, I wish I could be there again this year, rain, wind, and all!

As much as I admire D. Clark, I would like to see one of America's young-guns, R. Fowler or D. Johnson win their first major!

I'll be up again tomorrow at 4:30 am to watch the final round, with a Chopin Vodka Bloody Mary, and a tasty bud!

:dance013:

trouble

Veteran
Those boy's from Northern Ireland have been pure-hell during the majors of late.

Congrats to Darren Clark for taken home the 140th Claret Jug back home to the Emerald Islands, and the golf fans & good people of
N. Ireland!

Well done Clark!

trouble

Veteran
I've been wondering how Tiger Woods is feeling today?

Two weeks ago, he fires his long time caddie Steve Williams, who is not just a great caddie, bout more importantly, a trusted & loyal friend who stood by Tiger during the most difficult times of his career.

And this week Steve is on the bag of Adam Scott who not only kicked Tigers ass, along with 30+ other players, but wins at Firestone!

Congrats to Adam & Steve!

:gday:

Mr Jay

Veteran
So I don't golf save but one day a year. I've been playing with my dad in the McMenamins Garcia tournament every august. It's great cause I'm not a hippy or into golf but have a great time with him. I never got the point until we got out there early in the morning and burned one.

Latest posts

Latest posts