What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Drummers Out There?

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Buckethead is good but I was kinda leaning towards Satriani and Guthrie Govan for now as a good starting base.listen to Guthrie Govan Waves and tell me that shit is easy.he only makes it look easy

All too familiar with Guthrie. His skills like Buckethead's, seem endless.

Satch of course is a legend, but he's not my favorite.

Better be careful I'll turn this drummer thread into a discussion about your favorite guitarists.

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
surfing with the alien got me a speeding ticket.
(105 in a 55)

something about that tune makes my foot heavier.
ACDC does it to me too

-cap

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
surfing with the alien got me a speeding ticket.
(105 in a 55)

something about that tune makes my foot heavier.
ACDC does it to me too

-cap

So you can't drive 55 either.

Same vibe I get from Racer X's Street Lethal album...Paul Gilbert, he's ok too:biggrin:

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
i hate steve vai. never liked his stuff. or him.

steve stevens is pretty sick, too. (billy idol)

but, like mentioned, Im learning telecaster right now, so, Im on the Buddy Holly/50s trip right now. Man, what a gas to play that stuff.

-cap

shithawk420

Veteran
Teach me to play like Buckethead..... :prettyplease:

A Japanese Ibanez, yes...no Floyd rose :tiphat:

Maybe teach is a strong word but I can at least point the average person in the right direction if you wanna learn to play.

Sorry! I almost forgot it's was a drum thread.im buzzed.sorry guys

shithawk420

Veteran
I can't believe we went this far and nobody mentioned the Blue Man Group.they are fucking fenominal.gotta say they are hard to beat.pun intended

shithawk420

Veteran
ItI wish I could show you guys our stuff.my dad's got a custom Ibenez,a Washburn and a couple other rare guitars.i got the Ludvig,a $7000 Roland mixing board and a fucking mini Moog.and that's just the tip of the iceberg.oh and some Yamaha keyboards.i lost track of all our instruments.

White Beard

Got my first drum set while I was still in grade school - after about two years of beating on my thighs, my belly, my chest, the phone book, my school books, whatever furniture was at hand: when I graduated to putting books and cans around me as if they were drums, and walked two miles one Saturday to the bus, to the music store, to buy drumsticks - and started using them - my mother decided I must mean it...haven’t owned a set in 40 years, but I do have a nice djembe I’ve been pretending to learn how to play

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
ItI wish I could show you guys our stuff.my dad's got a custom Ibenez,a Washburn and a couple other rare guitars.i got the Ludvig,a $7000 Roland mixing board and a fucking mini Moog.and that's just the tip of the iceberg.oh and some Yamaha keyboards.i lost track of all our instruments.

No strat??

Most versatile guitar made.

Tough as nails and comfortable to play standing or sitting.

The custom Ibanez must be great.

shithawk420

Veteran
I wish we a had a strat.those are fucking rare ya know.maybe I'll show you guys the Ibenez.i think it's got the Floyd Rose bridge and wammy bar.

Actually had a music discussion with my dad today.im not bragging but he sold weed to Surviver once.

But all the greats either use an Ibanez or a Gibson.heard Gibson is going outta business too.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
But all the greats either use an Ibanez or a Gibson.heard Gibson is going outta business too.

off the top of my head strat users

Jimi, SRV, Yngwie, Clapton, Beck, Mark Knophler, David Gilmore, Ritchie Blackmore, Rory Gallagher, Buddy Guy, Eric Johnson, Robin Trower

:)

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Ibanez took off when the shredders did in the 80's
Unfairly, (maybe) clumped into that heavier/metal genre ever since.
Bob Weir has a beautiful signature model from them.
And yea who doesn't want a Les Paul!
I want an SG too!!!