What's new

Any Documentary Watchers on IC ???

dbuzz

Veteran
everyone loves a good documentary. some i recommend are:

-cocaine cowboys (in the 1980s, ruthless colombian cocaine barons invaded miami with a brand of violence unseen in this country since prohibition-era chicago. this doc is fukin' amazing, i promise you will love it.) :headbange

-riding giants (doc. detailing origins and history of surfing, up to modern day giants. very good and captivating.)

-the king of kong (diehard video game fans compete to break world records on classic arcade games. another award winning film. very entertaining.)

-fubar (headbangers terry and dean explore the depths of friendship, and the art and science of drinking beer like a man. this is a mockumentary, got that canadian trailer park boys vibe. good stoner film and cult classic in canada.)

-dogtown and z-boys (about the pioneering 1970s zephyr skating team. great soundtrack, worth the watch. although skating styles was pretty boring back then. w0wz3rz, he did a twirl.) :laughing:

-endless summer (i haven't seen this yet, but my friend said it was really good.)

-the war tapes (if you haven't seen this just go watch it now.)

-america: freedom to fascism (federal reserve etcs, this movie got ron paul a lot of publicity.)

at least watch the first three if you haven't seen them yet.

i'm watching the drug war doc posted here, and it looks good so far. also thank gods for pbs, frontline, and nova. :wave:

Bonzo

Veteran
YUKON you fuckin crack me up bro, and thats a good thing cause we ALL need a laugh right now. Why? cause this planet has had it with us humans! As George Carlin said it best, we were only here for PLASTIC!! Whoever thinks that this planet is "dying" is escaping reality. This planet used to have HUGE FUCKING DINOSOURS walking where we walk today. This planet has been through millions of years of changes and guess what? Its changing again and we are goin the way of the dino, the planet is NOT gonna die. WE ARE! . Pack your bags cause its time to fly, well in 75 years or so.

peace

bonz

Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
a fun one "for the whole family":

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/seabiscuit/

id heard of seabiscuit for years, saw a old pic once of "sportsment of the year" and there was a pic of a fcuking horse in with all these portaits ... wtf? then i saw this documentary. i have never heard a sports story that read so much like a movie, from going-nowhere beginning to setback to triumph that captivated the sports nation. bonus in that they filmed all the big races back then for newsreels AND have the great radio broadcasts to pay over top. im not a big race fan, but you gotta love this documentary.

D

DrKong

I like intervention!

I just found a Doc online i've been wanting to watch called "Devil's Playground" about the Amish ritual of letting 16 year olds go out into the "real" world and drink, fuck, and do drugs. Then it's the kids choice to come back to the church or not. But before you think they give them to many options. These kids think that after a year or two of parting they are damned to hell and their only way out is to join the church and repent.

Kind of like making them think it's their idea to come back when they were manipulated by their parents.

TRICKY AMISH!

alot of free streaming Doc online if you know where to look ;)

the Rock

intervention kicks ass=it has my kids scared to death after watching most of these addicts hit rock bottom mondays8&9 pm pst on A &E i believe

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
who is bozo texino

Who is Bozo Texino? chronicles the search for the source of a ubiquitous and mythic rail graffiti-- a simple sketch of a character with an infinity-shaped hat and the scrawled moniker, "Bozo Texino"-- a drawing seen on railcars for over 80 years. Daniel's gritty black and white film uncovers a secret society and it's underground universe of hobo and railworker graffiti, and includes interviews with legendary boxcar artists, Coaltrain, Herby, Colossus of Roads, and The Rambler. Shooting over a 16-year period, Daniel rode freights across the West carrying a Super-8 sound camera and a 16mm Bolex. During his quest he discovered the roots of a folkloric tradition that has gone mostly unnoticed for a century. Taking inspiration from Beat artists Robert Frank and Jack Kerouac, the film functions as both a sub-cultural documentary and a stylized fable on wanderlust and outsider identity.

Latest posts

Latest posts