What's new

any dj's out there

audiohi

Veteran
These days using live to dj and mp3's isn't fake djing! It opens up doors to things you could never do with vinyl! Just so you know... thats what people said when cdjs started becoming popular. And now... that's the standard. I use traktor, live, and numerous effects and have ridiculous sets all the time. That was never possible when I used vinyl. But, that was also more then ten years ago. The times, and music have changed

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 2 Gemini pt-2000's hooked up to a gemini bpm 250 .Used to enjoy mixing (breakbeats) at home parties.Nowadays i just play my records,i miss going to clubs and outdoor electronic music events.Thats getting older for ya...

Music Junkie???? Yep thats me....

toohighmf

Veteran
long live the mkII. I do use serato now that vinyl is so difficult to obtain of new music. I play deep house, tech house, Minimal, fidget, detroit techno, rare groove, downbeats, acid jazz, etc.

audiohi

Veteran
Wow....you really play alot of different stuff! Good for you! You gotta love a good 14 hour set where you can start off in deep house and bring it anywhere you want to by the end of the night!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Jungle, Techno, Breaks, House, Electro, Lounge, DubStep, Reggae... anything really... started in 94 with 2 belt drives :)

actually I'm doing a show later on a small internet station (dirtybass.fm) around 6pm uk time - I'm thinking Breakbeat tonight... :)

Last edited:

streetvibes

yeh i love djing got me 2cdjs and 1210 turntables loving techno house techhouse acid techno chillout man i love4to thefloor hey jamieshoes id love to play on the net gona check out dirtybass fm sounds good im a m25 old skool acid head 89 and i still love playing voodoo ray and derrick mays nude photo

jonas@diesel

???? ???????:?9-THC
Veteran
picture.php

this is what I have...CDJ 200 from Pioneer (like them because they also play mp3!)

i still like to play a bit... used to dj much more in the past...now it's just a hobbie

i used to play Electro, Progressive and Psychedelic Trance

cheers

streetvibes

nice set geezer ive got thecdjs mk1 yeh i no the first ones but they are like new the kid that had them i think he wasnt into it when he got them but i love cdjs cor the days of carrying plastic was tuff cds are so much easier love the mixer i used to play phytrance with some shit hot south africans learned a lot they had the djm500 which i loved to bits yeh i still play house techno some acid techno its just a great hobbie if you have had a shit day light up a fat one and spin some tunes instent relief.

jellybubble

im loving acid techno atm streetvibes, rebel yelle - glass ball is a tune!

been mixing for a few years now, i got 2x cdj400s, (started with: )2 x v basic numark belt drv tts and a djx 700 mixer
love mixing everything, but most of the time its psy trance, techno, hard trance, electro, minimal techno, a little dnb/jungle tek (old school stuff) and old school hardcore (the breakbeaty stuff)

any psytrance djs about?

been into the scene since about 85 with the early chicago house
breakbeat funky house etc .....
stopped in 2004 but getting back into it ...i miss my DJM500 mixer
looking for another soon

does the djm400 have all the effects etc of the 500 ,just only 2 channel
BPM counter ...effects flanger echo etc?
IIRC the 500 had about 4/5 channels??

padawan

Macbookpro/traktor scratch pro/vestax vci-100 sold my mk2s and rane ttm54 a few years back. the digital sparked my interest again since i dont have to buy wax anymore. i miss it but ive moved on. Lately ive been spinning a lot of dark dubstep. But ive spun everything but breaks and trance. Felt weird my first couple of gigs without wax. But now im punk rock about it and dont care. good times

E

Err

As someone called it previously... I'd like to consider myself a "Proper DJ". Two Stanton ST-150's, Gemini PMX-03 (Hopefully a Denon or Vestax SOON!), and Torq Connective. As as for the CD vs Vinyl... CDJing is weak IMO. I just totally dislike the weird set up... I like to "Feel" the music ;) And with the advances in MP3-Vinyl technology (Connective + Trigger Finger + ANY VST), CDJing almost has nothing to Vinyl cutting. Its great that the whole MP3-Vinyl has come about; buying records (HTFR.com) was a bitch! And digging would be fun... if there were good stores to dig (bad location for good music; however - GREAT crowds and parties for the EDM scene). Good for samples, bad for mixes.

BTW: Love to spin Hardstyle, Gabber, Dubstep. But off the decks; its any and everything not country (yes... opera + classical as well, just not as often).