What's new

Any carp fishermen here

C

cheesey

oh i see everyones copying me with the fake corn now! lol

tight lines all!!! :joint:

lol . ive been useing it for years . for all types of fishing . the chub on my local river love it . so do the grayling . had a 2lb 10oz out last month

hvcxvm.jpg

D

DogBoy

There's a lot of theiving going on at the moment. I checked online a few weeks ago and saw that many of the lakes in Surrey, london and Kent are now targetted by kids and Gypsy's for easy theiving.

Common tactics include.

Robbing directly from cars in unprotected car parks.
Waiting for fishers to sleep or shit then robbing their swims.
Directly rushing the swim while the fisher is fighting a fish.
Chatting for a minute and then grabbing stuff and running.

The key seems to be to either fish in pairs, fish only on secure sites or demand the balliffs run regular patrols and have a proper guarantee of site safety.

Fronting them out resulted in an air pistol being pulled on an angler so i would not recommend this.

For that reason i am now only fishing private, secured lakes and wont fish day fisheries in my area. 2 people i fish with have had stuff robbed ( both overnight while they slept in the bivvies ) and the problem is only getting worse. Local police are as interested as you would expect.

C

cheesey

There's a lot of theiving going on at the moment. I checked online a few weeks ago and saw that many of the lakes in Surrey, london and Kent are now targetted by kids and Gypsy's for easy theiving.

Common tactics include.

Robbing directly from cars in unprotected car parks.
Waiting for fishers to sleep or shit then robbing their swims.
Directly rushing the swim while the fisher is fighting a fish.
Chatting for a minute and then grabbing stuff and running.

The key seems to be to either fish in pairs, fish only on secure sites or demand the balliffs run regular patrols and have a proper guarantee of site safety.

Fronting them out resulted in an air pistol being pulled on an angler so i would not recommend this.

For that reason i am now only fishing private, secured lakes and wont fish day fisheries in my area. 2 people i fish with have had stuff robbed ( both overnight while they slept in the bivvies ) and the problem is only getting worse. Local police are as interested as you would expect.

its out of order . mine was taken out of a mates car in a pools car park see my mate is in a wheel chair so i had to push him to the swim b4 i cud get the takle was only 3 mins away but that didnt stop them . smashed window mine and mates tackle gone . i was insured on my house insureance for my tackle being out of the house in any car ect ect BUT when i put the claim in they said NO as the tackle and roads wasnt in a locked boot . as the seats were down and parcel shelf was out. i then took them to the insureance ombusman 4 months later they said no . so i changed my insureance now to m&s they wrote me a letter to state that my tackle can be in a car with back seats down and parcel shelf out and i will be 100% COVERED .. best thing to all carpers on here is check your insureance .

daddy fingaz

These people are scum, i remember about 10 yrs ago Farlows having a problem with theiving pikeys which put me off fishing it.
Last year Linear had a few problems as well but i think they have since stepped up security there!?!

Luckily none of the waters i fish now have had any problems with thefts. Its not what u need when your out on the bank to relax and get away from it all.

these sh*ts have realised how valuable a lot of tackle is and unfortunetly see it as there for the taking, its a difficult situation, if u just let em take ur stuff without a fight, just increases their confidence in getting away with it, if u fight back u could end up being knifed these days!!

stay safe people!!

D

DogBoy

Call the balliff and have him push your mate to the swim. If he complains explain that until they can secure their perimeter you refuse to leave your kit unattended. They wouldn't dare refuse a disabled angler, the stink that would cause is not worth it to them. Many also have quads which can take your kit for you while you push your mate too.

Insurance is handy but it doesn't cover the cost of all the nick nacks you pick up along the way and doesn't cover tried and tested kit that cant be replaced. If my kit was stolen i'd miss the simplest of things.

C

cheesey

Call the balliff and have him push your mate to the swim. If he complains explain that until they can secure their perimeter you refuse to leave your kit unattended. They wouldn't dare refuse a disabled angler, the stink that would cause is not worth it to them. Many also have quads which can take your kit for you while you push your mate too.

Insurance is handy but it doesn't cover the cost of all the nick nacks you pick up along the way and doesn't cover tried and tested kit that cant be replaced. If my kit was stolen i'd miss the simplest of things.

it wasnt that type of pool . no balliff and free fishing . o well we live n learn .

chongsbuddy

Veteran
im in ontario canada.I used to fish carp almost every day,my biggest is 43v pounds,scales almost as big as my fist.that was an awesome experience.

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
If you bread the carp fillets and deep fry them, the mother in Law will never know it and will mow them down..hint hint

D

DogBoy

Great news arrived on the doormat last night. My membership has been accepted and processed. I now have access to several private lakes and rivers. I'll be immediately booking some time off and testing each of the lakes in turn. The next few weeks will be very interesting. Am i a good enough fisherman to get these new carp on the bank, time will tell.

I've read the rule book twice now and there is nothing in there that worrys me so i cant wait to get out there and give it a go!

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Sick Dogboy, I bet some awesome smoking spots too.. Can you spearfish in those lakes? That is a blast..literally, I've seen people kill 2 or 3 in one shot they're so thick in some lakes..

Spanishfly

Once upon a time I was a sea angler, but some years ago I visited a medium sized lake in North Devon, England. To feed the ducks initially, but quickly found it was absolutely FULL of mirror carp (they were stealing all the ducks´ bread). I immediately went back and had a load of fun with a light spinning rod I had lying about. Just floated some bread on the surface.
One thing I found so sad - where were the little boys? Nobody other than me fishing at ALL. Probably all playing computer games.

D

DogBoy

Oh yeah. Beautifully quiet lakes, balliff phoned out of the blue the other day and he's really nice. He's very flexible and happy to help with useful info. He even gave me the address of a hidden tench lake that is still underfished. I cant wait to go, i've already picked the swims i want and they are nicely sheltered so would make great spots. God bless google earth.

Not allowed to spear fish though, it's a live return fishery so no killing allowed at all. Only trout and salmon can be killed on capture and they cant be speared.

Just finalising my time off and then i'm away. Kit is packed, bait already bought and rigs tied. Just need a nights kip and a 4am wake up and i'm good to go! Haven't had a break in a long time so this is very much anticipated.

Sick Dogboy, I bet some awesome smoking spots too.. Can you spearfish in those lakes? That is a blast..literally, I've seen people kill 2 or 3 in one shot they're so thick in some lakes..

daddy fingaz

Oh yeah. Beautifully quiet lakes, balliff phoned out of the blue the other day and he's really nice. He's very flexible and happy to help with useful info. He even gave me the address of a hidden tench lake that is still underfished. I cant wait to go, i've already picked the swims i want and they are nicely sheltered so would make great spots. God bless google earth.

Sounds like u got on a nice little syndi there DogBoy, good that the baliff seems sound, so many can be arrogant/ignorant pr*cks on lakes like that!!

...You should know better though than pickin your swim before uve got down to the lake and seen the conditions etc on the day DB schoolboy errors there lol!!!

good luck though on the lakes!!:joint:

D

DogBoy

I know, i'm just overexcited. I've just finalised my hols and booked the dates, i just need to be able to speed up time now! lol

I'm really pleased about the balliff, he was really harsh at first when i wasn't a member but as soon as i became a member he was really friendly. I kinda like that approach, it's one of the reasons i joined.

anyway, the countdown begins!!!!