What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~~Antique Pipes~~

G

15OpiumPipe-100yrsOld.JPG

Last edited:
C

Chamba

the second photo of Rez's is an opium pipe (by the look of that bowl)

BubbleBuddy - I've never seen a PowerHitter...pls show us more pics

Dr. D

Veteran
nice pipes...i see a maroccan sebsi pipe there..the maroccan one hitter

some Maroc

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
some do look opium-ish,

some do look opium-ish,

oriental maybe.
Do you know the history or anything about the pipes .To bad you couldn't have them appraised on the antiques road show, or could you??? :chin:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OyaBasTid! You had to tease me!

I love that lighter-colored piece at the top. A real piece of art that is!

G

I like the old opium pipes mate. I can't believe you found one from a real opium den. Thats pretty cool.

G

I can get 'em,(the old 'den pipes) Rex,but they ain't cheap....
That long pipe still smells like Chinese pipe tobacco and opium,even many decades later.
I source my pipes deeply,and that long pipe type's obatinable,at a cost of about $450USD from my dealer, & S/H....if you're That interested....
I love history,and these are So real,that part of one of the bowl's sides is partially burnt away,as a result of heavy use over an oil opium den lantern used for lighting them.
If you want one,get in touch,I can probably find one for you....
They're not 'for use',imho,just precious collectibles....
:smile:

Cheers!

G

love the collection man.. some gorgeous antique pipes you got there
:D

G

nice collection. you can find some nice stuff similar to that on ebay (i know there evil but theres ways to be careful) under the tobacina catagory sometimes. that seasia opium pie looks almost similar to a proto pie like a weird cousin or somethin.lol

G

a friend of mine has several sebsis to choose from and we actually smoke hash outta them frequently, but your collection takes the cake, bro. damn, check out all those Opie hitters!!

G

Hi all,and thanks for the kind words! :smile:
I'd never buy pipes sight-unseeen,there are far too many knock-offs out there.
You need a good antiques dealer that's well-networked,to get the Best Stuff.
(And the Real Deal isn't easy to find-)
It's collecting history,and I really dig it!

Ciao!

G

very, very cool

though I wonder if you actually smoke out of any of them very often???

since most seem like they would clog up way to fast if you were smoking much bud out of them?

G

They're not 'for use',imho,just precious collectibles....

I don't think they would taste that good with bud, unless you smoked hash maybe..

Latest posts

Latest posts