What's new

antidepressants

Greensub

stopping anti-depressents normally leads to "brain zaps" for a few weeks. Its like a giant surge of your neurons and you tweak for a split second. It happens without warning. It is truly like being electrocuted. You grimace as your body tenses like you're being shocked

Great description... that describes it perfectly. I've tried to describe the feeling to other people before but have never been able to do it justice.

M

MrsEvlme2

I've been feeling really crappy lately. I don't even know why. Nothing has changed in my life. But reading this thread has been helpful. I've been on anti's before, didn't like it. It made me very self destructive. I prefer smoke to pills. but, that has not been working well enough lately. Anyways, although I'm already prone to depression I think what you guys are saying about not eating holds true. I have been on a low cal diet for like 6months now. I drink coffee all day. Maybe have a small lunch, though I try not to. My main meal is dinner. I was depressed before because I was a disgusting fat body and now I'm depressed because I'm soo friggin hungry all the time. That explains why I want to bite my husbands head off all the time.lol I'm starving. I haven't eaten normally for so long, my whole body is out of wack, and my mind too I guess. It's been so long, I don't know how to get my eating habits back on track. Most of the time I have no interest or appitite to eat anything. When I smoke I get hungry, but then I'm lazy and don't feel like even making a can of soup. Too much trouble to heat it up and then I have to wash the bowl. My mood was much better when I was eating 3 meals a day, but I hated myself for being so fat. So it's either my husband doesn't want to be around me because of my bad attitude or he doesn't want to be with me because I'm fat. It's lose, lose for me. What's a girl to do. Smoke a fatty I guess.
I was actually looking for a strain that will help for depression/bi-polar when I found this thread. If any one knows of a strain that would be helpful. Thanks all.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
lol

if you guys knew how I am feeling sometimes
sometimes I start to rock myself to feel better

but those fucked up feelings pass, no mater how fucked they are
I guess it's part of the challenge, but it gets real hard for sure

I try to have some goals, and for sure, when you have nothing to do, then yeah, bad thoughts come in

taking long walks, or biking helps
having some friends helps, family can help too (if you don't, then there is some help for sure)

I still don't know what it is, is it the world ?
or is it just our heads ?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
stopping anti-depressents normally leads to "brain zaps" for a few weeks. Its like a giant surge of your neurons and you tweak for a split second. It happens without warning. It is truly like being electrocuted. You grimace as your body tenses like you're being shocked
yeah thats about how it goes. you feel like you just got clunked in the back of the head, or you stood up really fast and all the blood rushed from your head. almost like you are going to pass out... i guess... ive never fainted/passed out.

i was on antidepressants for a while prolly like 4-6 months. i was taking lexapro and abilify. ive been super shy aka social anxiety since i was a kid. it got worse as i grew older, to the point where i was in high school and i would actually skip classes, or school altogether if i was gonna be late. i couldnt take all the other kids looking at me as i walked in. i would get extremely hot, and sweat and feel like i would pass out. like seriously shortness of breath, tight chest, itchy skin. anyway years of this made me depressed, i didnt know what depression was. this was before all the commercials on tv to explain it to me. but i was depressed from onset of puberty, around 13-14 till today. i just managed it all those years, assuming this was how it was supposed to be. i didnt go see anyone about it till a few years ago. i was in school taking online classes, and it was to the point where i could not concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes at a time. i would just stare into space lost in thoughts that flooded my brain like a firehose on full blast combined with an f5 tornado. just random images and thoughts flying by the window that was my minds eye. anyway i went to see a doctor, state sponsored as im one of the millions of americans that doesnt have health insurance. after a couple of sessions with a psychologist (thats the one that gives you the pills right?) i was sent to a psychiatrist, which is all i wanted anyway i didnt want to take pills, didnt want to feel any more crazy than i already felt everyday. so i get sent to see a psychiatrist (the one who talks to you right?) and im already crazy cuz i keep seeing bugs in my house, with no explanation of how they could be getting in. i hate flying insects that have the potential to sting. bees, wasps, hornets, etc. anyway i keep seeing strange bugs inside my house, a bee here in the middle of the night, a hornet there, a wasp there. i go to kill em but by the time ive reached for something to kill em with theyve magically dissapeared. i kept seeing gnats in front of my vision, at first i thought maybe the place i was at whenever i saw these bugs just had em there from some rotting fruit or something that might be laying around. but then i started seeing em outside, i started wondering if they were even real. anyway back to the psychiatrist. im in her office and she says theres a fly in the room, and i should turn off the light to let it fly out into the hall cuz i guess fly's are attracted to lights (news to me) anyway i turn off light, open door, fly goes out i guess. im not sure i even saw a fly. she talks to me asks some prelim questions, asks me about the meds the psychologist prescribed, i told her i wasnt given any, she refuses to see me anymore till im on the dope. come back in 3 weeks. i go back to the psychologist (i think i know where the psycho in psychologist comes in now) he talks to me some more about if i think about suicide i tell him just about every day, asks me if i cry, etc. tells me a buncha stuff about god, i had already explained to him i dont believe, he kept going on about how god doesnt want me doing this and that, no more weed, etc. anyway gives me the lexapro and abilify told me to come back in 2 weeks. i take the drugs, nothin happens the first couple weeks. the side effects are terrible. i take the lex in the morning when i wake up, it gives me horrible cramps for like 30 minutes and i have to lay down, i fall asleep because it also makes me really drowsy, take the abilify at night, it makes me sleepy too, but i wake up at 7am sharp on the dot no alarm clock needed, every day. week passes nothing but side effects, week 2, feeling less anxiety. week 3 see the psychiatrist again after having seen the psychologist for a status update the week before. more questions, still not talking about my depression and how to cure it. later that day i go to hang with a friend, we get some herb, buncha crazy shit happens on the way to find some. i find it a strange set of coincidences almost like theres some force trying to tell me something, we smoke, i leave to go home. on my way home i have the most insane fucked up trip ever. ive never hallucinated, not knowingly, but i was tripping balls. like to the maaaaaaxxxx. it wasnt anything visual, i was just having the craziest insane thoughts in reaction to the way i was perceiving the world. felt like i was in the matrix and everyone was an agent either for or against me. no one was talking to me, just communicating nonverbally with signals. by the end of the night i was walking around in circles in the rain with no umbrella looking for the magic key to unlock the secret chamber. i mean i was fucked up. it was like i was stuck in some crazy dream, everything was a sign, i walk up the block and see a stop sign i stop, i see a one way sign i turn and go that way. every street has a stop sign and most likely a one way arrow. i was walking circles for hours like i said. unable to go anywhere, darkness was bad had to stay in the light. green lights meant yes, red lights meant no, yellows were caution, dark cars were hiding agents, white cars were good, red cars were a golden yellow brick path. my fav color is red so it hold special meaning to me. anyway, after that day i was like fuck doctors and fuck pills. i still feel crazy to this day because while i ignore the signs for the most parts, theres times when i follow the signs out of a sense of compelltion yeah thats not a word i know... and they are usually right, or maybe it just seems that way i dont know. like i said im fucked up.

at the end of the day the pills didnt really seem to do anything cept make me feel reeaaaaaallllllyyyyy high. its like a really strong body buzz all the fucking time. and the side effects, did i mention the side effects? one night i couldnt sleep becuase i had a raging boner out of nowhere. i mean it would not go away, i couldnt masturbate because that doesnt work on antidepressants, you just have a massive hardon till your blood pressure drops enough for it to go away, you can strike it with the finest lotions and silks money can buy and nothings gonna come out of there. i had an errection for over 5 hours, i was gonna call an ambulance like they say on tv but i eventually fell asleep. i kept getting the dizzy spells, felt like a strong blow to the head or electric shocks.

the only positive effects were my anxiety was just about gone, and i was like clockwork, rise with the sun same time daily, sleep whenever, still gonna wake up refreshed at exactly 7am even with just 1 hour of sleep.

ill never take another anti ever again, and i dont advise anyone else to either unless you are really fucked up worse than i am and let me tell you im plenty o fucked up. i just smoke weed now, i figure if all the antis are doing is making me really high i can do that with weed and not fucking flip the fuck out and go extra crazy.

weed, its my anti drug.

wow that was a lengthy diatribe.

i can understand if you tldr, it took me over 30 minutes to type all that.

fuck doctors, fuck pills. seemed like all they wanted to do was get me medicated when all i wanted was someone to tell me why i feel this way and if its normal and how i can manage it.

love?

There is a new antidepressant called Agomelatine which got approved in the EU this year. It seems really promising and I'll be following reports about it with interest. I'm particularly interested because it's a melatonergic drug and should help with sleeping as well.

Has anyone here tried it yet?

D

dankitydank

Trazadone is an antidepressant MAOI or SSRI dont remember which one that helps with sleep pretty well. I've been on a variety of SSRI's and am on Lexapro right now, just feels like a slight lift of a gray cloud on a fairly sunny day. nothing major but definetly somewhat noticable. when off medicine, smoking indicas all day seriously messes me up badly! sometimes sativa dominant strains when not on meds can help but slightly and when your buzz wares off its not great, pretty deep fall. but thats just me. Now that im back on my meds, i can smoke whenever i want and have no negative affects. If you are going to stop taking SSRIs i suggest stepping down. Ive had some rough times from just straight stopping. can you say more depressed than ever? No fun. Just my 2cents...

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I'm still pushing for Princess Diesel pills. F'n A' Tweety but they work wonders. I'm looking forward to making a new batch in about 3 months. That's waaay too long though and it would be so much more convenient to just pick up a bottle at the pharmacy. *sigh*

I've tried the chemicals and they SUCK! Princess Diesel rocks as an anti-depressant and it doesn't give you the munchies to beat the band either. :D

Still no idea why reservoir seeds stopped producing that line.... gah!

Seriously though..... low-dosage cannabis pills from an upbeat sativa will do you wonders. Take them 3-4 times a day, just like your regular anti-depressants and you'll be very surprised in a few weeks. Don't be fooled by not being able to 'feel' the effects either, you're not shooting for being 'high' all day. Make the batch of pills so you can barely feel the effects and then thoroughly mix in another bit of powder so you can't 'feel' the effect anymore. Perfect. :D

O

ocean99

Pharmaceuticals have their applications, but my beef with the whole industry is the lack of an exit strategy for patients. Anti depressants are prescribed for life, and that's not cool. Complications from medications cause like what, 100,00 deaths a year? This oppression will not stand man.