What's new

anti-anxiety strains?

J

JackTheGrower

You know nothing as i have just posted all the FAQ and if cannabis was ok for treating anxiety then why is it illegal and not on prescription.

I am so sorry this thread turned mean.

Please shake hands now..

Yes there are issues with reactions to Cannabis. Many folks have had experiences that made them uncomfortable.

However, there are therapeutic instances as well.

I will stand up and say cannabis can be successful for treating anxiety. Treating is the key here.

If someone needs more help than a simple treatment then by all means seek help.

What I hope this thread is for is to help those of us looking for information find it.

The right and wrong are not at issue here.

Please.. Shake hands and be friends..

J

JackTheGrower

Probably wont be to popular for saying this but have you tried not smoking weed to reduce your anxiety? as anxiety is a know effect of smoking weed, experienced it myself so I know it's not BS. I'd recommend daily deep muscle massage followed by 60 minute nap ,if that don't get you relaxed nothing will :)

Also exercise. I find cannabis useful in conjunction with long vigorous walks.

Health is a holistic process I understand.

Can we stop fighting?

J

JackTheGrower

So Satori is the Mystery in this gardeners mind.

We have the early harvest of any strain to examine for medical properties and I agree with poster on that.

Tiki-jo has the clear up and a light Indica buzz... It changes mood and medicates a bit.

One medical friend tried the Mid-Cross Mother which is a bit on the bland Kush side. She took a toke off her pipe of a bit of bud she picked out and toked .. She said it was smooth almost like air and then she looked at me and smiled, slid down a little on the comfortable couch and closed her eyes and smiled.
I asked her how it effected her. "Do you feel alert or not alert" Alert she said.
Do you feel "stoned" or "medicated" She grinned "I feel like the warmth of the Sun is on me and I am in a park."

We had a normal conversation where no one in the room seemed overly intoxicated.

So yes there are plants that grow and are beneficial and other plants that are more an intoxicant than anything.

There are different experiences to smoking different buds off the same plant.

We are going to have inexact results because this is not a manufactured compound. There are variations from plant to plant of the same strains just like there are variations in people from one genetic expression to another in the same family.

It's inexact but it is natural and safe.

the best way to dose is by extract through cooking and mixing uniform in a food. That way the dose is as close to consistent as possible.

Smoking will always be an up and down experience. We all know that we get one bud that surprises us out of the bag when maybe the others are not such an experience. That's because it's Nature to be dynamic. Plants evolve and so having a range of qualities aids in adapting.

Otherwise God would have had Beer-Trees and Prozac-Trees in the garden of Eden.

That was humor not a poke at mythology.

So hey people lets discuss the plants that we feel are of quality to aid folks with disorders such as myself.

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Also...

I wish I could find the Blueberry "cut" I smoked back in Olympia, WA in 2001.

Uplifting, warming, social, smooth and soothing ride, slow up, impeccable (I now realize) high and gentle come down. Driving back home felt like floating on a magic carpet. Like Vince Vega driving in Pulp Fiction.

She OWNED that summer night.

Sweet, sweet Blueberry!

ANTI-ANXIETY and then some.

ChilledChap

If benzos work for you I would suggest trying to find strains that give you that tunnel vision type of thinking. Where you can only think of one thing at once. That way you don't have all these thoughts in your head and you are less likely to tweek. Again that is what works for me. Sometimes strong sativas harvest early for some reason work for me also. Just sucks to wait that long. Goodluck.

Thanks a million for that bro, Ive been googling away the subject for hours and have a few different types that I have my eye on that I am going to try in my next grow, Amazing Shit!

Take care mate

J

JackTheGrower

And that's the bottom line. Well said!

(Or at least welcome the anxiety weed brings, it's trying to sow you something. It's daft to smoke weed and then avoid what it's showing you)

From you experience correct? I mean we can't speak for everyone yes?

J

JackTheGrower

There are those who find relief with some forms of cannabis.

There are genetics which have little if any discomfort associated with it's consumption.

None of is can speak for everyone.

If a person tells me that some strain relieves their anxiety and recommends some genetics to try I don't have a problem with that exchange of information.

On the other hand trying to speak for everyone is foolish so lets just get back to the Love.

Dorje113

There's some Mandala #1 around here and I think it would work well for anxiety, it's clear, up and not racy...

Also, for Bipolar II and related symptoms try Omega 3 supplements and regular exercise. Alcohol and Prozac generally isn't a good idea. Prozac is for people who can't function and need to be "snapped" out of deep depression and must be used with cognitive psychotherapy to work properly.

Latest posts

Latest posts