What's new

another year in the toilet

moondawg

Im hoping for a brighter future for you cave. You can fix this.

First, no branchy strains. Screw the name but if you have a bunch of branches and internal budding mould has home. Christmas tree's are what you have to grow with tennis balls growing around it.

Then, cave old buddy, come into the 21st century. They make chemicals that are safe and effective for botrytis, pm, dm and the host of other party poopers.

Apply Spectricide All Purpose Fungicide on the day they begin flowering and then 10-14 days later. Spectricide is a systemic with cumulative effects and those 2 doses will protect the plant from the botrytis until they have finished. Ive used it for 3 yrs now and as long as you have a 21 day window between the last application and harvest, the chemicals have disappated and their is no taste. I have actually used the solution within 12 days of harvest on a plant with softball sized buds 2' long that started and it prevented the mould but i made ice hash out of those plants.

I live in a state where tobacco, grapes, blackberries and roses grow in every field. Mould, mould,mould, some blackspot and blyte, and then more mould. Many of my plantings are in or around tobacco or grapes. Ive talked with these farmers and ive talked with the ag extension agent: IMMUNOX

sutra1

This year is turning out to be the worst in terms of untimely bad weather & high humidity. And the loss is correspondingly high. I will consider using a fungicide next season and hope for better weather.

The Boys

hfh and THE CHURCH from greenhouse, the church is very mold resisant and comes from a moist high mountain region where the plants evolved in veryy rainy humid weather. you can find a video about it by arjan of greenhouse seeds on youtube.

.clunk

I've found that the C-warp is pretty mold resistant but I live in the interior of BC where it's a bit more dry.

There has to be a suitable strain (or three) out there; the Island and gulf islands kick out some great genetics that are suited for coastal BC weather.

Make sure you prune all the inner growth out for better airflow and leave only 3-4 nodes at the end of each branch when you do a final prune just before flower. You'll end up with less popcorn and better airflow to the flowers on top.

Avoid planting in dense thickets of blackberry, salal or salmonberry; there isn't enough air circulation to the lower levels of the plant.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The fastest strain I have grown is BOG's Sour Lifesaver.. She was done in 55 days.. I could have harvested at 48 days from seed...I was Absolutely astonished how fast they grow and finished. The end produced was fantastic as well...You will need to find a solution to keep the m warm and the moisture under controll. I wish I had the answer. Greenhouse would work not so stealthy though. Get you plants to flower sooner by using a light dep box...

what about Magic green from house and garden it will put a waxy layer on the leaves. that should keep pm and some fungus away? what you think Krunchbubble

The Boys

^that whould totally fuck up the buds. the mold in not as much of a problem on the leaves as much as in the bud.

why would that fuck up the buds THE BOYS? It is a foliar spray I thought if you would spray early on it could HELP prevent it. but yes stop spray when buds really start to form

The Revolution

Veteran
I have an afghani that is very resistant to PM, molds, and droughts.. It has proven itself in several hybrids aswell..

sutra1

I'm not sure faster flowering times are the answer. If my female cannabis plants finished flowering in August when humidity values are very high I think mold/botrytis would be a near complete loss. This was an exceptionally bad year as the return of warm (80+degrees) and corresponding very high dewpoint degrees (58 & above) led to the decimation of my Peyote Purple & Shambhala Kush. I also have Mandala's Hubble Bubble which is at least three weeks behind the others has NO mold/botrytis issues. Just my thoughts here, ymmv...........

Nada

dang that is a bummer.

what some like to do in your situation is run that iranian autoflower or auto affie cut that will veg under 24 hr's of light. veg to desired height and put outdoors to start flowering anywhere from may-july, harvest a month or two early

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Strain plays a huge part. More important than finishing time in my opinion.

Sour bubble seems to be pretty resistant. My Neville Haze x Coast Coallision cross is out there, needs a few more weeks also and has 0 mold.

Definitely check out HFH gear, they are made up on northern euro where weather is shitty. They are mostly early strains, being able to harvest early September is a plus and also mold resistant! I tried their Deep Passion this year, one of the phenos is super strong herb, gets my head racing like crazy and I feel like I'm about to start tripping on shrooms. I harvested her on the first week of September with little mold, maybe a 2-3 grams out of half P... They are also cheap, for $25 a pack you can't go wrong IMO. I'll be trying some other HFH gear next year for sure!

Most of the strains bred for the indoors don't do well outdoors!

Being from the NE, I know the feeling of tossing moldy dirty black bud out.

Best of luck next year!
Peace!

rixxy24

It makes me giggle this because didn't WE do it to OURSELVES? Ganja ,as was when ugg and Uyyy grew it besides their cave mouth, in a hot tropical setting, didn't have pm issues etc, so the year ugg brought his OpP inside and noticed a crazy mould was the year the cave dudes first invented that type of mould. Next year the opp moved bk to mouth of cave but STILL got that type of mouldy....how? Have they broken natures protections? Maybe nature likes its status quo, don't fight the fight but only win the battle better:D

Sent by a naked baked elf called:thumbup: tapatalk 2

rixxy24

Definitely check out HFH gear, they are made up on northern euro where weather is shitty. They are mostly early strains, being able to harvest early September is a plus and also mold resistant! I tried their Deep Passion this year. I'll be trying some other HFH gear

Best of luck next year!
Peace!

what's HFH sorry for please?:eek:

Sent by a naked baked elf called tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Latest posts