What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another stadium grow...

Sorry Guys I've been hustlin trying to make this thing work... and gettin more plants ready.
NFR.
My stadium (thank you very much for your input on the forums you visit) is quite a bit less than 8 feet its about 7 feet long, and the top shelves (furthest from the lights are about 36 inches from the center of the bulb (The room is 11x11). So my plants are close close close... and all three bulbs are within 20 inches of each orther... so the loss of lightat that distance is still probably pretty negligible.
Yeah I know a lot guy don't like the pulley things for there hoods because they mess up sooner or later and its a waste of money.. just get some chain. but for the stadium those pulleys would definitely be the ticket. I don't have any room inbetween shelves. plants sit on the 2x6... and then the other half or close to it sits flush or just under the next higher shelf... i've got'em packed in ther pretty good. Some of the early ones got out of hand... way to frickin tall, I bush mastered them, but they didn't give a damn a grew like trees. I'll get some pics of the tall ones, but a good portion of them stayed short. I should update more often but you know how it is.

M

moses224

DBAS it looks awesome my man. May I ask how long did you veg before switching to flower?

I have a very small veg room... and had plants growing in 4x4 pots before hand. While i had the previous crop drying, I lit one 1k and put the shorties under it to bring them up to height, and then brought the rest out as they grew. Got them ready for the transition to 1k lights (as i veg under T-5's). So I may have vegged for 7 days. I got four grows in this year... this one will be about done late this month.

Pics going up in a sec.

Vermonster

Whats your anticipated dry harvest? How do you rig the bulbs without the hoods? I have always bought lights as a package deal ( ballast light hood etc...) Can you just buy a lamp holder cord for $30 and plug it into a compatible ballast? Seems that simple....am i correct?

hoping for 3lbs.... dunno but we'll see.
yeah I just bought the socket with plugs and they ran directly off of my ballasts.
You are correct.
Saw my first signs of mold! WTF? chopped the plant... only a few days from chopping most of the crop... thinking about doing it early... but just watered and found the mold. I'd like to wait a fed days for the plants to dry out before chopping.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
nice set up ,i used northerns idea also for my closet grow ,you can check my gallery for some photos of it ,i didnt want to hi jak your thread

Deebee - If you find more mold, just prune out the infected bud-lets - if you catch it early, mold won't destroy the whole bud or plant. I found mold on one of my outdoor lady's last summer after i chopped - cut out the infection - hung in a cool, dark closet with a small fan & saved most of the main cola that way.

Thanks for the advice Yeller. Just chopped everything down. started yesterday, finished today. I have 3 strains in here, the purple kush is definitely PURPLE (hahaaa) its a beautiful thing. They don't yield much though, but are pretty as hell.
Silver Haze also purpled up pretty nice, but mostly just the leaves... unlike the Kush thats purple on the bud itself.
I got some pics i'll post'em soon enough.

Vermonster

word..looks good. I am setting some long distance plans in motion and I am realy feeling this stadium style set-up. Why the mold, nugs to dense or you had to much humidity? or both! I have dealt with some bad bouts of powdery mildew before, but mold scares me....anyway hope the harvest is sucessfull...keep us posted with some weight totals...what size were the containers?

I found mold in two plants... both purple kush(ouch) i may need to move more air... somebody forgot to turn the dehumidifier on for a couple days (my old lady). The cool part is that it was only a day or two before chopping. i will post the weight soon... as about all of it is dry... but i'm workin it solo. so it'll take me some time to finish up, all the while getting the next ready to go.
Containers were 3 gallon bags... hand mixed soil for the most part (used some FFOF/HF 4 to 1) in about 20 bags. I like to experiment :)

J

Joe Budden

Hey DeeBeeAhhSee how did the final weigh inn go? Very interested to hear as I'm planning a stadium or wall of green for my next run.

Do you think 3 600's and closer space would work in this system? I would be worried about the lumens not hitting the plants. If anyone can help me out here then go for it :D

So far i've cured about a pound and a half (thats trimmed). I've got about another pound and a half. I'm a very meticulous trimmer, so my weights are a bit lower than others in comparison. It was probably an easy 4 pounds or so, from about 90 plants. and 2 of the three strains were purple, and as you know they are not heavy yielding plants.

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Nice work Deebah I am a heavy trimmer myself... sexier bud... and more trim for hashingtons. I am jealous of your weight.. Peace.

You can thank Northern Farmer for most of what you see... I read a little bit... and then came up with my own design (in a way) for the setup.
My final weight was over three pounds... about 3lbs 4 oz from 84 plants.
I have a new set up now, and will be posting it shortly. Its an idea.
I don't know that you can be more efficient than a stadium "type" setup. I only used 3 lights (less per month), less than half the space of a regular flat grow (more storage), had triple the amount of plants (more yield) and vegged for less than a week (more savings). That means you can have 5 grows a year instead of 4 (speaks for itself).
Sounds good to me!
People talk about a gram per watt... but to do it AFTER the trim using a purple strain is remarkable IMO. Either way I'm sold on the stadium grow... Its a little more work... but you only get out what you put in.