What's new

Another Run

N

ninja bud

I have another grow on the go. My four Blue Cheese beans have split and have popped up last wednesday. All going well I should have a harvest first week in december. Im going to veg six to seven weeks to get a good yield and an up grade to a 400 hps. Im hoping the step up in wattage should show a big difference between the 250 and the 400. Ill put up some snaps as soon as there is anything to show.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Just in time for Christmas, I'm in the same boat. my clones will be ready for the big lamps any day now. What nutes are you going to use?

N

ninja bud

I use Bio Grow through out flowering. I dont normally give them nutes in veg. I am trying to go organic with Blood and Bone meal and seaweed. I am going to use the molasses a bit more this grow. It worked really well and brought out the sweetness in the buds of the POG. Believe it or not I havent tried my new crop of Diesel yet, I think I shall partake in a bit of spliffage tonight and I shall see what it is like. Been curing for a week so some of the harshness should be gone. I will defo grow the Pot of Gold strain again. As you told me already HGO they are a great yielder and one of the best tasting strains I have had in a long while.

stinkyigloo

good luck wiith this ninja, shud yield nice with that much veg and organics, what size pots are they going to end up in? Whats your grow space? How are you finding it to get the ingredients for your teas around here? I'd love to give organics a shot but its hard find guanos in Ireland!

N

ninja bud

I am growing in 10 litre pots from the start. I normally do that when I am growing feminized seeds. I have a soil mix of blood, bone and fish meal, seaweed, compost, orchid compost, perlite and vermiculite. The babies are under the lights for a week now. Total of 95watts of CFL. Im using 60 watts of daylight bulbs and 35 watts of red spectrum to get a mix in the light spectrum. I have just switched to 20/4 after the first week when they were under 24/0. Next week Ill change to 18/6 and depending how they are getting on I will change over to the 250 HPS for four weeks before I switch to 12/12 and a 400 watt hps.
I normally dont feed any nutes during veg but my soil mix should be good enough for the whole grow anyway. I feed BIO Grow from Bio Bizz which are certified organic and the last couple of feeds they will get a nice treat of molasses and then a good flush. Thats the plan anyway!

N

ninja bud

Grow space is 3x3 and 6foot in height, any grow shop sells guano but it stinks like whores knickers.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
NB, molasses is the be all, and the end all, simply really good shit. I find the best time to use it is 2 weeks +/- before harvest, Bush Dr got me mixing Molasses and GH Ripen for 7 days, then 6 days flushing agent and 2 days plain water (growing in coco, non organic). Results if done properly is really good weed that has a perfect burn and no nutes stuck in there to choke ya out, drag the harvest out if you have to, try and get every bit of green out of your leaves for harvest time and you will be very pleased with the resulting bud.

I can't recommend organic tea's enough, man my plants used to LOVE them. I'd feed them and by the time I got the the 20th plant the girls were putting out some very intoxic, delicious smells, wow it was super delicious. I don't grow organic anymore and I'm still getting really good weed, hell maybe better quality with the way I grow it now.

My organic teas consisted of the following nutes (flower tea)

Worm Castings
High P Bat Guano
Humic Acid
Fulvic Acid
Molasses (the secret ingredient in every tea)
Bio Bizz Fish Mix

It was aerated for 24 hours or so and fed to the plants once every 3 waterings from week 3 flower on to the flush. I don't flush out all my grows I must add, if I'm growing for commercial only, I won't flush. But I've made the decision to flush every grow from now on no matter what.

Tagged along for this one, I'm building my new grow at the minute, I might stick a thread up in the Irish section, growing...

Clone Only...

Chemdog D
Giesel
Abusive OG Kush
Ghost OGK
SSSDH
Dirty Harry
Bubba Kush Pre 98
Lonestars Killer Queen
Chem 4D
Kille Chemdog

Seeds...

Sour Diesel IBL
4SD

4000w Vertical coco run to waste, Ireland's gonna have some Dank come Christmas time, all going well ;)

Anyhow, best of luck to ya in this grow, I'll be close by :bigeye:

HGO

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Hey ninja. Just thought I would talk about my one outdoor BL Cheese. She is buddin nicely at 45N. I did no toppin so she is a nice 2 meters of christmas tree. Nodes are very close,great plant structure. I believe I hav a keeper. I'll get some pics as she flowers out. she looks to be very photogenic,sexy... Good luck

Last edited:
N

ninja bud

Many thanks paladin420. I hope all goes well for you too. I should have a few pics next week. :thank you:

N

ninja bud

After two weeks under the CFLs the ladies are now basking under 30000lumens of HPS. Another four weeks of veg time and hopefully next week I can start training. I took a few snaps to show the setup. On the right is a three speed oscilating tower fan. On the left is a small dehumidifier. Thanks cookie:thank you:
Cooltube with a 250 hps. 400 will go in when I switch to 12/12.
The one thing I have really noticed is the lick of paint I put on has really increased the brightness in the room. More pics in a couple of weeks.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Ninja painting your grow room is a good idea, the white paint is very reflective and a new coating of paint helps deal with any mold or any other nasties that might have gathered on your walls. What is the average humidity in there? You want a high humidity right up to 2-3 weeks flower then drop it down to 45-50% thereafter.

:lurk:

N

ninja bud

I have to invest in a new hydrometer. I am spraying every couple of hours to keep up the humidity. Temps are going from 28 to 30 degrees at the minute. Thats because lights are on 18/6 Temps shouldnt be too bad come 12/12 at the start of october when the night time temps drop. There is always work to do when they are babies and so far so good. Hoping for the cooler weather to arrive very soon.

N

ninja bud

Just thought Id update the grow. Four weeks into veg and these Blue Cheese have been lovely to grow. The internodal space is the shortest I have seen in any of my grows so far. I have topped them once and they are being LST'd quite heavily. They are turning into nice little bushes with plenty of bud sites. I have been on 18/6 for the past two weeks and now I have switched to 16/8. Next week I will switch to 14/10 before they go into flower. Two more weeks veg and they should be ready to flower.

C

COOKIE MONSTER

Your getting some great growth there, Ninja.
Looks like your in for a great xmas :tiphat:

N

ninja bud

Just a peak at the Blue Cheese after a week of flowering. I vegged for five weeks because if I had left them any longer I think they would have become a bit unmanagable. Its unfortunate that I couldnt get the 400 hps so its just going to be the little 250 again. I just want to see if I have everthing dialed in on this grow and my target is 5-6 ozs. I have to say that these Blue Cheese have been a joy to grow so far!!!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Im not sure im down with what your doing with your light cycles at all, but nice grow op none the less, BC mmmm!

I run 20/4 throughout Veg & unless i have a problem with ripening, i run 12/12 everytime for bloom. get a better flowering response from 20/4 to 12/12 personally!

G'luck with ya grow!

N

ninja bud

Thanks Scroggerman. My lighting cycle always gets peoples attention for some reason. I am going on EDs advice. Read a couple of his books. That light cycle is supposed to be a more natural cycle to introduce the plants gradually into flower to aviod stress and excessive stretch. Its the first time Ive run that cycle and the plants seemed to have liked it. All other grows I went 18/6 and then straight into 12/12. I like to try new things ever grow, I do like experimenting with different ideas.
Peace to ya Scroggerman

Scrogerman

Veteran
thats fair enough, but dropping to 14/10 for bloom(day 1) has too many adverse implications for my liking. Ill be watching bro.

14/10 na mate, it aint gonna cut it imo. airy fluff bud all day! but like i said always interested to see what people are up to & results!

If we had the right light cycle & weather over here in our part of the world, no-one would bother growing indoor!

so G'luck!

Last edited:
N

ninja bud

Im not going 14/10 scroggerman. The last week b4 the flip was 14/10 and then I switch to 12/12. Sorry if there was some confusion. Of course im on 12/12 for flower. Its the veg period cycle that I was talking about. My cycle in veg was 24/0 then 20/4, 18/6, 16/8,14/10 and after that switch to flower at 12/12.
The 18/6 cycle was for two weeks which gives a total of six weeks veg time. Hope that clears things a little. I must of come across like a dumdass.

Scrogerman

Veteran
lol, ive read a bit of ed's stuff, ill be interested to see your reports on progress! keep us posted bro & G'luck!