What's new

Another How Much Longer Thread!

yeah staff i know the breeder info thing but if they say its a early strain it usualy is as even some indicas like to go 9 weeks vs the stated 8 weeks and yeah this plants not done at no 7 weeks one pheno if it was done at 7 weeks however....breeder times is just basicly a time frame of when it should be ready....which most of the time its not ready by what the breeder says.....like this arjans haze that just popped i bet this bastard will go for 13-15 weeks easy...and govnaa you need to get a microscope to see the trichomes and judge by them ive had one plant with white hairs yet the trichomes was 20% amber and no clear trichs.....some plants are different though....

mafia

It looks like you took those pics at around week 4 or so. I wouldnt listen to the breeder, i have one that says up to 65 days flowering, its day 91 now and still needs another week atleast.

far from being 4 weeks done as now its nearing a few days away from chop...i got my answeres no use in responding to this thread anymore....was mearly wanting to know if my eye was correct and by the way the plant looks it is correct.......again no use posting in this thread anymore....

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Read "Zeus' Take on Harvesting" in my signature. I personally like weed with very little amber but this is a good read.

far from being 4 weeks done as now its nearing a few days away from chop...i got my answeres no use in responding to this thread anymore....was mearly wanting to know if my eye was correct and by the way the plant looks it is correct.......again no use posting in this thread anymore....

based on those pictures, thats a huge mistake. I can guarantee you it's gonna give you a little buzz but it'll only last about 25-30 mins. What a let down.

You can tell when the plant is nearing ripeness when the hairs start to pull inside the calyx. Sure the trich's look all milky now but you're going to miss out on mass/potency imo.

and by the sample buds quality secret your thinking is false dude...........so w/e everyone tries to one up everyone here......like i said most peoples suggestions on page 1 was on par with kmy thinking 100x does not lie with trichomes......and with a good bit of amber starting to form.......w/e this thread needs to die no use in posting to it seriously.......from all my reading and from what i seen about 90% cloudy and 10% amber is just fine........so yeah.....smokes great though and dont last 30 mins so w/e.....stay tuned till next grow and fyi this current grow i wasnt expenting shit as new setup didnt even yeild how i wanted to as i was dialing in my grow....again let this thread die its useless plants chopped.....and you and i should know pictures dont show the true quality of the plant unless you run a dslr WHICH I DO NOT!

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
durka_durka420 - indoor can take longer than what your calendar says. Too many things can slow them down. I like to get some of that green out of them and wait for most of the pistils to pop. I also do not think that trics are everything. Not all trics mature at the same time, the top usually before the bottom.

I mean this:

turns into this if I wait a few weeks:

I can tell you that it is a better smoke waiting the couple weeks.

BTW you can multi harvest to find the right time to chop. Take some now, wait a week, chop some more, repeat.

meigscoheiress

completely a newbie indulgent post, sorry if there are too many of those!

completely a newbie indulgent post, sorry if there are too many of those!

1sm008hi.gif so if this is completely typical, i'm new, so don't be too harsh, tho i think i can take it! :smoke: you may just end up liking me, once i learn my way around this place....ya never know!

but i just have to say, i am just completely amazed that for zero investment, and putting seven seeds in pots, and only watering them and putting my kitchen compost on them has grown anything at all! two lil plants, three died, two were DEFINITELY boys, (didn't take anyone to convince me of that, ha!) and the two survivors are thriving, considering i probably made life pretty rough on them....I KNOW, but i told ya, ROOKIE! however, i am so proud of these lil girls, and i've definitely 'seen the light' you pros out there!

so, i've been told to pull them NOW. i did quit watering them two days ago. it's supposed to be sunny and hot again tomorrow, but the sun leaves are about half gone, and i sure don't wanna wait too long, nor be preemptive...

soooo, any opinions whatsoever would be appreciated on my tiniest, probably-laughable-to-the- rest-of-you, but earnestly attended to, endeavor. :dance013:

last week:

0918 grow RESIZED.jpg

and today:

0923 ive been told to take you inside lil girly.jpg

should i do it now
or wait?

1sm381gardening.gif

and by the sample buds quality secret your thinking is false dude...........so w/e everyone tries to one up everyone here......like i said most peoples suggestions on page 1 was on par with kmy thinking 100x does not lie with trichomes......and with a good bit of amber starting to form.......w/e this thread needs to die no use in posting to it seriously.......from all my reading and from what i seen about 90% cloudy and 10% amber is just fine........so yeah.....smokes great though and dont last 30 mins so w/e.....stay tuned till next grow and fyi this current grow i wasnt expenting shit as new setup didnt even yeild how i wanted to as i was dialing in my grow....again let this thread die its useless plants chopped.....and you and i should know pictures dont show the true quality of the plant unless you run a dslr WHICH I DO NOT!

Well sounds to me like you had your mind set about your early harvest no matter the right thing to do. Which is fine, just don't pretend like you wanted people's advice and then do what you were going to do anyway lol.

like i said most peoples suggestions on page 1 was on par with kmy thinking 100x

You were just looking for people to agree with you to help justify what you knew was wrong or else you'd never have expressed doubt by comming here

so if this is completely typical, i'm new, so don't be too harsh, tho i think i can take it! :smoke: you may just end up liking me, once i learn my way around this place....ya never know! but i just have to say, i am just completely amazed that for zero investment, and putting seven seeds in pots, and only watering them and putting my kitchen compost on them has grown anything at all! two lil plants, three died, two were DEFINITELY boys, (didn't take anyone to convince me of that, ha!) and the two survivors are thriving, considering i probably made life pretty rough on them....I KNOW, but i told ya, ROOKIE! however, i am so proud of these lil girls, and i've definitely 'seen the light' you pros out there!​

so, i've been told to pull them NOW. i did quit watering them two days ago. it's supposed to be sunny and hot again tomorrow, but the sun leaves are about half gone, and i sure don't wanna wait too long, nor be preemptive...​

soooo, any opinions whatsoever would be appreciated on my tiniest, probably-laughable-to-the- rest-of-you, but earnestly attended to, endeavor. :dance013:

Hard to tell by the pictures due to the blurr but they look really good and filled out. Can you get us a clearer picture? Look at 3dDream's pictures. The first one to an amateur would look done. But look at the SECOND picture, it's filled out more and the hairs are starting to recede into the calyx. The flowers have a finished look when ripe, takes a few harvest to get an eye for it.

I've let herb go too long and it just puts me to sleep. Too early and its got a little buzz but it doesn't last very long and not as hard hitting as it could be. Cutting a plant early is like paying 35k to go to college and then dropping out 1 class away from graduating. Why waste your time and money? But thats my two cents... :)

fyi i have all the time in the world.......and i just dont see a indica pheno plant going 12 weeks flower its just not possible imo........maybe its because my light or other issues for the plant not being filled out and fyi this one plant was holding up me putting clones into the grow tent........and let them grow out....hence why i pulled when i thought it was done...but im always learning so really it dont bother me too much at all if it was pulled early all i know is its great smoke tastes great smokes great....and its amazing how fast a plant can mature when flushing...and secret in my mind my stuff was harvested at the date i wanted to harvest at also i hate having some overly grown herb...and i did take very small test buds just to see how the smoke was and when it was almost near where i wanted it i waited a week and chopped....again plant is nomore and others have taken its spot sorta.....waitint on clones to grow then i take more clones and fill up this tent....and as ive said this was a test grow of sorts as i was dialing this tent in....i was happy i even got buds...as its been a long while since i have grown.....and i stand by my method of checking on trichomes not by how the plant looks....sure i wish it would have had these tight heavy huge buds form but again this was a 12/12 from SEED plant mainly did it on a whim anyways....now just let this thread die seriously no use in going back and forth back and forth...it solves nothing,does nothing especialy when a plant is already chopped...and i still stand by my word that its nearly impossible to tell if a plant is done by pics and i should have realized this.....

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i gotta agree with everyone else the last 2 weeks of my flower can last over a month lol when u think its done wait another week peace bro goodluck

WHY DO PEOPLE NEED TO KEEP POSTING IN THIS THREAD THE PLANT IS CHOPPED ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...seriously if i post a thread i want to have alot of posts i never get them i want a post to die off people respond.....and dont even read the last thing i typed.....so yeaaaah.....dont matter anymore as i got 16+ clones vegging right now....