What's new

Another hardcore criminal off the street! What a waste of tax $

LayedBack

I have no words to show how much I loathe that judge and all of the little fuckin cock roaches swarming around him. Perhaps it's best if he gets cancer so he can puke whenever he tries to eat, and cry whenever he tries to sleep.

My best wishes go out to that poor lady and her honorable husband. If I lived near them, and had anything to spare I would certainly be giving that woman some bud.

Quick followup to this story

Quick followup to this story

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-marijuana-grown-for-cancer-stricken-wife,0,4131585.story

Home > Fox 8 News

Husband Jailed for Growing Marijuana for Cancer Stricken Wife Returns Home
By Autumn Ziemba | [email protected] Fox 8 News Reporter 6:34 p.m. EDT, June 24, 2011 MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio -—
A Chippewa Lake man sentenced to 60 days in jail for growing medicinal marijuana for his wife with cancer, is now home.

"I'm just frustrated. I just want to see him, hold him," says a teary-eyed Sherri Burton.
It has been a trying two months for the 64-year-old.

While Sherri has endured breast cancer alone, her husband has been serving time in the Medina County Jail.

69-year-old Gary Burton was convicted in April of felony marijuana cultivation, for two plants he says he was growing in his back yard for medicinal reasons.

Gary was scheduled to be released on Thursday morning, but a problem with the house arrest bracelet company pushed his release back by one day.

Fox 8 was the only camera crew there on Friday, for the heartfelt homecoming.

The couple embraced, cried and exchanged words of love.

Married for 44 years, the 60-day sentence is the longest the two have ever been apart.

"She had me crying everyday with her," Gary says, as he hugs his sobbing wife.

But tears and frustration have now turned to anger.

"I'm a danger to society? I'm 69-years-old. I go fishing, I go to church and I try to take care of us as medically, as efficiently as I can," Gary says. "If [the courts] think there's some kind of justice in this situation, I don't see it."

Gary will spend the next 30 days on house arrest, and two years on probation, but he still defends his actions.

"[Sherri's] got cancer and pot's good for cancer, pot's good for anxiety, pot's good for my arthritis," he explains.

And Sherri stands by him.

"He didn't hurt no one. He didn't hurt no one in this situation," Sherri says.

Gary says his mission now is two-fold: to change the law, and to never leave his wife's side.

"I am with the person I'm in love with, and that says a lot," he says. "She needs me and I need her, and now I got her."

Gary says he does not advocate the use of marijuana to anyone, but he would like to see the public perception of medicinal marijuana change.

Kie26

why cant people accept things they dont exactly agree with? some people smoke weed. some people dont. why do we look down on people that do things that we dont? i wish they would just legalize the stuff and get it over with.

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Don't you just hate old criminals. I worry at night some old pot smoker might try and "hit" me up for a light or papers or some other criminal activity.
Read up on the prisons for profit,Corrections Corp of America, and the American Legislative Economic Council. They are responsible in a huge way for some, if not most, of the mandatory sentencing laws and other rather harsh guidelines in place around they country. The private prisons for profit industry is the reason incarceration rates have risen 650% since 1980, and is worth 11 Billion dollars a year, mostly from PUBLIC TAX DOLLARS. Your taxes at work for you, supporting the uber riche one more time.:smoweed: