What's new

Another Fun Grow Room by Moto

motofox16

Waoh... Its been a while.

Waoh... Its been a while.

Ya its been a while. A long while.

Soo I finished up my NYCDiesel 8 plant grow and It finished up a very amazing tasting, looking, but one of my lowest yields yet. I was pretty upset at first but I know that combined with the natural strain tendency to yield low, and the fact that I wasn't housing CO2 probably hurt my yields a lot.

Next up was the Chem Dawg.
I don't even have any pictures from this one really. It did well, but I ran into some problems there at the end.

My Problems:
Holy S*&%! This perpetual grow stuff isn't as easy as a 12 plant grow all the way through. I was not ready at all to be mixing up 5 or 6 different sets of nutes. My veg had nothing in it and I was only concentrating on my flower room. I wasn't even replacing my vegging as i was supposed to. Woahhh I needed a serious revert.

My Solution?:
Well since I had nothing in my veg to follow out my budded plants I went out to my local club and picked up some teens and clones. Long story short. I now had chemdawg almost done budding... with mites. Teen plants... with mites, and no way to take care of them effectively because of the chemdawg that was like a week and a half off. So i let the teens go and they got F@#%!d up by those mites. I've never seen plants do this before.

So right after my Chem dawg finished i went in and bug bombed everything. Neemed my veggers and neemed everything else. 2 months later and a lot of hard work and im finally where im at now.

My Advice: Although your budding plants are most beautiful to take full attention to, the vegging plants are some of the most important. I now have a solid veg set up and have to start 4 new plants every 20 days. Im hoping to do a 60 day veg, 60 day flower (or whatever they need) but right now im at a 40 veg, 60 flower.

motofox16

PICTURE TIME

PICTURE TIME

Woah that turned out a long text. I doubt you all read that but for those of you that did know whats going on and for those of you who don't you just came for the pics anyway so here ya go!

Growing and smoking my product is one of the most fun things i do but you have all that leftover trim, well I purchased something called the "extractor" and can make some very dank honey (hash) oil. I boil it over night to make sure to get all the butane i can out of it and always have it under hot water instantly after I make it to get the best hash oil I can produce. And here is 8 grams of it from my NYCDiesel grow! :)
P1030738.jpg

P10307411.jpg

And a bowl just slothereeed in it for my reward. I have already melted it down into the bowl so it looks grainy but it is a very nice product.

P1030744.jpg

Ok. Time to restart finally My vegging got all F'ed up and nowww I have this aero machine (ill show that later) and it has brought a whole new light to my growing. I can now enjoy my plants as they grow and watch as the roots grow every day. My plants are loving it too
P1030954.jpg

What they look like under all that bushiness
P1030955.jpg

I know they are a little brown, but for the first ever aero/hydro setup I have ever done I am happy with that root mass. It is huge
P1030956.jpg

P1030960.jpg

Now for my budding. I have 12 plants in there. 4 of them which i will not show are the ones that got hit hard by mites. It stunted them horribly they got hurt bad.

So here starting out I have:
4 mendo purps @ day 8, (along with 2 other oddballs)
4 Blueberry X GDP @ day 28
4 Bubba Kush @ day 48

Mendo Purps (same plants as the root mass i just showed I just stuck them in coco, they are doing well)
P1040034.jpg

Platinum OG KUSH (oddball day 8)
P1040046.jpg

I didn't veg this plant so I never got to train it at all. Because it was wayy taller than the other indica plants I had I ended up supercropping it pretty hard. This is the day i supercropped it, The plant is already looking healthy as ever.
P1040047.jpg

Blueberry X GDP
P1040041.jpg

P1040042.jpg

P1040043.jpg

I've hung all of them up on sticks like this by now.

P1040045.jpg

OK back to veg I have a couple pics of some Strawberry Cough that is in the first 20 days of veg after being cloned. They are on day 8 of veg

P1040049.jpg

P1040050.jpg

P1040051.jpg

Insane roots! I love this aero!
P1040053.jpg

Thats all for now!
Any picture requests or questions will be promptly answered.. hopefully haha

motofox16

And some more for ya

And some more for ya

Alright so as promised are a few pics of my aero/hydro veg container. This is my extremely cheap prototype. I will tell you what im about to change later on.

P1040161.jpg

Here is a lid that has an 8 plant capacity, It works ok but they are actually pretty close together. you can see that the four bigger are crowding out the others. as i said before this was my veg that was a 40 day veg, 4 plants on 1-20 days and 4 plants on 21-40 days. At first I was going to attempt to fit all 12 on the same container just rearrange the holes, and thats what i have here.

P1040162.jpg

P1040163.jpg

I haven't made it yet, but I am seriously considering going to a 4 plant small aero to get roots started from clone, going 20 days, then just to have a full out hydro with bubblers, since they seem to like that best anyway. My biggest problem with all of this is no water chiller :( dam things are expensive!

Also these are the sprayers im using, they are the same ones that the pirate uses. Go pirate you rock!

P1040170.jpg

Some Banana Kush plants I just picked up. Never grown em before but im hoping they will do great. I actually killed one of my strawberry cough! which is why i had to go and get these plants to take the place of the strawberry cough that i will have to wait for another clone to finish so i can have four again, just one will be behind (the others will really be ahead though so its a good thing).

P1040164.jpg

P1040165.jpg

I am taking soil, and going hydro. I have done it before and it worked out perfect. I did it with 8 of my plants and all of them turned out great results. Its amazing how much you can see the results of the aero vs roots in the soil.

P1040166.jpg

I had to modify the net cups a bit so all the roots would fit through ok. so they will all hang down.

I forgot to take pictures of the after product but they all turned out nice. I got most of the dirt out and then flushed them in a 5 gallon tapwater bucket then straight to my veg container with 1/2 strength nutes.

P1040167.jpg

Good thing I got the plants out before she got to the cups!

P1040168.jpg

motofox16

Dam nobody even commented on the puppy even. Shes so cute how could you not haha. but im hoping somebodys still reading this its funny how people stop reading when i started talking more about veg but hey i have some bud pictures for you tonight in week 7.

Bubblegum X Grand Daddy Purps Week VII

P1040230.jpg

P1040232.jpg

Mendo Purps Week IV

P1040227.jpg

Strawberry Cough / Banana Kush Vegging

P1040234.jpg

FINALLY
REZ dog's SourDiesel X Chemdawg
and some super silver haze

P1040209.jpg

P1040217.jpg

Kahl

Excellent room my friend, more fun than the last one. I dig the light positioning in the ceiling, awesome. MMMMM banana kush!?!?! I must have it! Strawbs ftw too.

motofox16

I know I heard banana Kush and i was like oh dam i gotta get that shit. I looked it up and found out that its a kush type effect with an honnest banana taste. haha im like oh ya. Im stoked on that one!

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Hey motofox, nice grow you got there.

I'm jealous of your aero cloning. I have tried many times and get pythium every time and not one single root.

I have found a small chiller that would be perfect for an aero cloner, its small and has a thermostat you can buy for it, I think they are $150 for both. Let me do some digging to find it again, ... ... here it is, its 170 at this place, but I've seen it cheaper somewhere else, http://www.marinedepot.com/chillers_coolworks_iceprobe-ap.html

I've read on another site it will cool 10 gallons 10 degrees, the installation is a sinch, drill a 1.25" hole below the water line in the rez, insert the ice probe, tighten the nut and plug it in.

I don't have the money for it now though. :(

motofox16

Ricky: I think we're ok boys

Bubbles: boys theres something flying behind us right now, looks just like a police hellicocksucker

thought you'd like that sam the caveman.

On the other hand about the growing stuff. That thing sounds excellent. I want to also have 3-4 reseviors with different nutrient mixtures so i'd be stoked on that little unit on all of em. Thanks for the link

DSDFreak

This all looks amazing Motofox.. just quick fyi.. I think your roots from the first couple babies in the Aero have that coloring on the roots form the hydroton.. My first 2 Waterfarm grows i did not wash the hydroton before using it and red dust all over the pieces made my water very murky.. Also I think the older ones in there soaked must of it up which is why the newer babies have a more white rootbase.. Keep it up!!

motofox16

i love how your lights are built into the roof...geat idea!!

Thanks man. I had never seen this done before i did it, I was just tired of moving lights that are stuck together anyway they are a pain in the ass to move up and down anyway so hell its way easier to throw the plants up on 5 gallon buckets.

The biggest gain i was looking for here though was having the lights air tight because in my last grow i had lights that were sealed in my room but theres no amount of tape that can stop those things from taking all the co2 out of your room. so this time i just did it up and its just another part of the roof.

On the other hand.... wish i woulda went vert!

motofox16

This all looks amazing Motofox.. just quick fyi.. I think your roots from the first couple babies in the Aero have that coloring on the roots form the hydroton.. My first 2 Waterfarm grows i did not wash the hydroton before using it and red dust all over the pieces made my water very murky.. Also I think the older ones in there soaked must of it up which is why the newer babies have a more white rootbase.. Keep it up!!

haha man what a newb move on my part. I asked a buddy about this and he laughed at me and said theres so much dust and shit in there. I looked at the water and it was definitely just dust off of the hydroton. Guess its washed now lol. But I will definitely be washing that from now on. My plants are just ridiculously healthy in that veg they are lovinggg it.

motofox16

Here are the 4 in the middle that will be going into bud in 10 days. and the 4 on the outside that are going in in 30 days. I would switch them but the roots are so massive and grown together i'm just going to wait till i have to plant them to disturb them.
P1040263.jpg

Here is a shot of my light. I have a 400 MH and 3 "idk how many watts" cfl's. They pack a good punch though. a little ghetto but it really works well. I have seen much more growth since the addition of those 3 cfl's

P1040264.jpg

Talk about ghetto! How bout 2 piece of shit fish pumps huh ;) a commercial style 110 liter/min is on my wish list
P1040270.jpg

Here are the babies. The front is the chemdog X Sour D
The middle are 10 strawberry cough clones i took
The back is the LA Confidential X NYCD and some "mandala safari mix" that will probably end up outdoor. But you knowww i'll be keeping that LA conf X NYCD for my indo
P1040267.jpg

Alright. Now onto budding.
just a little shot at the canopy on the 30 dayers. I have a pretty nice flat open canopy offering plenty of light. They are a little short but i have taken drastic enough measures to get them close to the light. I need some more sativa up in that bitch!
P1040271.jpg

Platinum OG @ day 30
This one really impressed me. Like i said i bought this one from the club and didn't expect too much from it i just haddd to get some og in my lungs... even if it was platinum??

P1040285.jpg

Here is my strongest Mendo Purps. It actually smells really amazing and looks way intense. I'll be excited to see what comes of it.
P1040277.jpg

And to finish it off. the blueberry X GDP (honestly im really questioning that strain. I think i got fucked as ive smoked copious amounts of both of those strains and this looks, smells nothing like them... but hey, its not too bad so whatever.

P1040280.jpg

motofox16

Help??

Help??

Ok so i have one more picture. I need some help on this one. I have had my hanna meter for about 3 months now and i recently went to calibrate the PH part of it, and it wont calibrate. Its stuck on this screen

P1040261.jpg

So when i go to calibrate it, which i have done multiple times. It will get stuck on this screen all the way until the unit automatically shuts off. just for shits and giggles i threw it in some water when it was on that screen and it passed it, went to the next step to the 4.01 solution???????? I shut it off, tried to recalibrate using the 7.01 solution and it did the same shit. Like i said, this isn't the first time calibrating with this same exact bottle of solution. Has anyone ever ran into this type of situation with the hanna??

By the way check out that shot glass... Yes there really is a Weed, CA.

Che

Veteran
Does that pen require a Storage Solution? Perhaps it's pooched.. get a tri meter :D

motofox16

Does that pen require a Storage Solution? Perhaps it's pooched.. get a tri meter :D

yep it does but i have the storage solution. I have alwayss kept it wet, but im pretty sure thats more about the EC part of it than the PH.