What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Drug Raid Nightmare

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
So long as there are elites and so long as there is a plan for a New World Order...the war on drugs will never end.

I dunno about all that but I do know that every time a state tries to lax its laws somebody IE: feds or local LEO's get their panties all in a wad and raise a big stink about it.

For instance, El Paso city council voted to consider decriminalizing and the Feds threatened to yank funding. Massachusetts citizens voted to decriminalize and local LEO went bat shit crazy not to mention Michigan and their current medical issues. Californians have voted yet the Feds keep sticking their noses in.

Its just a big ass, stupid counterproductive mess.

SomeGuy

List of potential jurors questions

List of potential jurors questions

Wavy TV

The links to the actual questions are below, in PDF format.

Defense Questions

Prosecution Questions

Questions for Frederick
jurors

Last Edited: Tuesday, 13 Jan 2009, 8:01 PM EST
Created On: Tuesday, 13 Jan 2009, 6:35 PM EST

* Jason Marks

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - In one week the trial is set to begin for the man accused of killing a Chesapeake Police Officer. Ryan Frederick is charged with fatally shooting Detective Jarrod Shivers during a drug raid last January. Jury selections begin on Tuesday.

WAVY.com obtained a copy of the questions that will be asked to potential jurors. We were able to get them because they're a matter of public record. They're also what attorneys say could make or break a case.

Before the case gets underway, both sides have to agree upon a jury. Each juror will be grilled and asked a series of questions; some about the case, others about personal feelings.

Questions like: "Have you ever felt the need to defend yourself in your home in order to avoid physical harm?"

Or, "Does anyone have any beliefs or opinions concerning the legality of marijuana that would interfere with your performance as a juror in this case?"

Chesapeake police say they were serving a drug warrant at Frederick's home the night Jarrod Shivers was killed. Police thought Frederick was growing marijuana inside, but nothing was found. Details that will be testimony for a jury.

There are also questions about feelings on police officers and guns. Every question has its purpose: To find someone who attorneys believe they can ultimately sway

SomeGuy

Ryan gets his day in court starting tomorrow. I'll be watching the news and a few others around here will be as well. The guy is facing murder charges for killing a policeman during a no knock raid and his only other charge is simple possession of a few grams of cannabis.

From the looks of things (IMO) the guy was probably growing, the wrong people found out, and things went to shit from there.

Everyone here should send some positive Karma his way as it COULD be any one of us in his place. While we all might not have dealt with the no knock in the same way, but we weren't there, so who knows. He more than likely thought it was the rip offs coming back for the rest of it and anything else they could steal.

Best of luck wishes to Ryan and I sincerely hope that justice prevails and he walks out a free man.

Virginian Pilot Online

Frederick murder trial opens Tuesday in Chesapeake

© January 19, 2009

CHESAPEAKE

Just three days past the one-year anniversary of the killing of Chesapeake police Detective Jarrod Shivers, a jury beginning Tuesday will be asked to decide whether a man accused of dealing marijuana intentionally fired the fatal shot.

Shivers, 34, a father of three who served eight years on the force, was shot and killed a year ago Saturday while raiding the Portlock home of Ryan Frederick, then a 28-year-old soda truck driver.

Frederick will stand trial on charges of capital murder, use of a firearm during the commission of murder and manufacturing marijuana.

A jury will be asked to decide whether Frederick intentionally killed Shivers. To convict Frederick of capital murder, the jury will have to find that Frederick's action was "willful, deliberate and premeditated," according to state law.

Frederick will claim self-defense, that he was protecting his home and his life, said his lead attorney, James O. Broccoletti. He will show that his house was burglarized just days earlier - by two men gathering evidence for the police - and he feared his Redstart Avenue home was being broken into again, his attorney said.

If convicted of capital murder, Frederick will face an automatic sentence of life in prison. The special prosecutor in the case previously announced he would not seek a death sentence.

Frederick could be convicted of a lesser offense, such as first-degree murder, which carries a penalty of 20 years to life in prison, or manslaughter, which carries a term of zero to 10 years.

Broccoletti had success in a similar case. Three years ago he gained a self-defense acquittal in the murder case against Navy SEAL Ronald J. Gasper, who killed another SEAL.

Shivers' death and Frederick's arrest have drawn intense public interest. Frederick's friends have launched a "free Ryan" campaign, even establishing a MySpace page in his name.

The attorneys involved say pretrial publicity will likely cause a lengthy jury selection process - from one to three days, they estimated. Prosecutors at one point tried unsuccessfully to move the trial outside of the region.

The evidence will be hotly contested. The media have already exposed inconsistencies between what witnesses and police say.

Two burglars broke into Frederick's house days before the raid. One of them, Renaldo Turnbull Jr., told The Virginian-Pilot they broke in to gather evidence for police of Frederick's alleged marijuana growing operation. A handful of marijuana plants Turnbull said they took, however, never made it to police custody.

Police officials have said they did not condone or approve of the burglary.

The other burglar has been identified by multiple sources and court records as Steven Rene Wright, a 20-year-old one-time restaurant worker now sitting in jail facing unrelated Chesapeake charges of grand larceny and credit card theft. Wright and Turnbull have been subpoenaed to testify at the Frederick trial.

Wright last week agreed to an interview with a Pilot reporter but backed off when the reporter arrived at the Virginia Beach Correctional Center, where he's being held. He did the same thing several months ago.

Also in dispute is whether police, including Shivers, fired any shots during the raid. Police have said officers did not fire their weapons, but a stray bullet casing that did not belong to Frederick was discovered at the scene. There is forensic evidence, also disputed, of gunpowder residue on Shivers' hand, possibly indicating that he fired his weapon. Police maintain the casing fell out of an officer's clothing.

Broccoletti said the credibility of Frederick, the burglars and police will be crucial to the case.

"The defendant has been consistent since his arrest that he did not know the police were at his door," Broccoletti said last week. "He was protecting himself and his home from an intruder who was capable of causing great bodily harm to him."

Special Prosecutor Paul Ebert, who was brought in from Prince William County to try the case, is expected to show that Frederick knew the police would be coming to his house. He said in an interview last week that he will show that the police acted properly.

"From my experience, I don't think the police department could have done anything differently," Ebert said, adding that he was confident of getting a conviction.

"You never know what's going to happen in a court of law but certainly I feel like it's a prosecutable case," he said.

Also subpoenaed for the trial were five jail inmates who evidently had conversations with Frederick about the shooting. One of them is Marlon Reed, a Norfolk gang leader who already got one break on his sentence after testifying against co-defendants in his federal racketeering case.

Last edited:

SomeGuy

I LOVE Radley Balko, in a completely nonsexual, completely platonic sort of way, of course.

From The Agitator

What a Railroading Looks Like
Monday, January 19th, 2009

This, from the Virginian-Pilot’s latest article on the upcoming Ryan Frederick trial, actually threw a chill down my spine:

Also subpoenaed for the trial were five jail inmates who evidently had conversations with Frederick about the shooting. One of them is Marlon Reed, a Norfolk gang leader who already got one break on his sentence after testifying against co-defendants in his federal racketeering case.

I’ll make a prediction: At trial, we’ll hear about how the slight guy who has wept at nearly every public appearance since his arrest (one year ago yesterday, by the way) was openly boasting to other inmates about the cop he bagged. Or maybe they’ll say he tried to sell them marijuana.

To retrofit a phrase, once the state has determined you’re a nail in need of smashing, there’s really no limit to the number of hammers at its disposal.

SomeGuy

More from Radley Balko posted at Reason Magazine: Hit and Run

Ryan Frederick Trial Begins Tuesday

Posted on January 19, 2009, 12:37am | Radley Balko

Jury selection begins Tuesday in the trial of Ryan Frederick, the Chesapeake, Virginia man accused of killing a police officer during a drug raid on his home. Police didn't find the marijuana grow they claimed on the warrant they would find, and prosecutors now concede that two men—at least one of them police informant Steven Rene Wright—broke into Frederick's home three nights before the raid. It was during that illegal break-in that Wright claims to have found marijuana plants—the probable cause for the raid.

Frederick, who had no prior criminal record, says he had no idea the men breaking down his door were police, and that he fired because he thought he thought his home was being invaded—not an unreasonable thing to think, given that he'd been burglarized earlier that week. Both I and the Virginian-Pilot newspaper have since spoken to the second man who broke into Frederick's house, Renaldo Turnbull. Turnbull told the newspaper, and confirmed to me, that he too had worked as a police informant, and that the police regularly sent he and the other informant to illegally break into private homes to obtain probable cause for search warrants. He said the police consented to the break-in on Frederick's home.

Here are the latest developments, with some commentary:

• Local TV station WAVY has obtained copies of the proposed juror questions from the defense and prosecution. It's interesting that Special Prosecutor Paul Ebert feels the need to ask prospective jurors if they have read about or have ever posted about the case "on the Internet."

• The Virginian-Pilot reports Steven Wright was prepared to talk with the paper last week, but then backed down.

• If we are to believe the prosecution's theory of events leading up to the raid, Steven Wright and Renaldo Turnbull broke into Frederick's home without the knowledge or consent of the police. The police say they weren't aware that their probable cause was obtained by way of an illegal break-in until months later, which is why they didn't bother mentioning it on the warrant. They also apparently never tested or possessed the marijuana plants Wright and Turnbull allegedly found. Which puts the total number of actual marijuana plants found in Frederick's possession at zero.

But all of this also raises an interesting question: If the prosecution's story is accurate, why haven't Turnbull and Wright been criminally charged for breaking into Frederick's home?

• The Pilot also reports another new development that, when I read it, actually gave me a chill:

Add "use of jailhouse snitches" to your list of injustices on display in this case

For months, now, we've had serious allegations of civil rights violations here, including the possibility of corrupt, even criminal acts by members of the Chesapeake Police Department. Moreover, Ryan Frederick's freedom could depend on whether Renaldo Turnbull and Steven Wright can testify truthfully, without feeling coerced by the other criminal charges on their respective records. If Turnbull's story at trial differs significantly than what he told me and the Virginian-Pilot, something's amiss, and I think you could make a pretty good case that he has more incentive to lie now than he did then.

Unfortunately, I've yet to hear anything about an outside investigation, either from the U.S. Department of Justice or from the office of Virginia Attorney General Bob McDonnell.

Last edited:

Rudedewd

Well I hate to be the devil's advocate but the dude would have been in ALOT less trouble if he didn't have a gun and didn't shoot the cop. Too many people have a cowboy mentality. I have nothing but compassion for those being persecuted for drug laws but no sympathy whatever for people who use violence. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

SomeGuy

Well I hate to be the devil's advocate but the dude would have been in ALOT less trouble if he didn't have a gun and didn't shoot the cop. Too many people have a cowboy mentality. I have nothing but compassion for those being persecuted for drug laws but no sympathy whatever for people who use violence. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

No doubt, had there not been a gun involved this would have ended differently.

But given the circumstance that his home had been previously violated by a burglary you could argue that he was justified in defending himself. I've read quite a few stories about med users being placed in the same situation, only it wasn't cops, but armed thieves after their meds.

I personally don't choose to defend myself with firearms, but the U.S. Constitution does guarantee us the right to do so.

SomeGuy

Virginian-Pilot Op Ed

Frederick case puts police tactics on trial, too

The Virginian-Pilot
© January 17, 2009

Practically a year to the day since Chesapeake Police Detective Jarrod Shivers lost his life in a drug raid, his accused killer goes on trial Tuesday in circuit court. Ryan Frederick, 29, faces capital murder and other charges in the Jan. 17, 2008, slaying.

Chesapeake residents will be watching intently; the trial will provide the fullest narrative of what happened that fateful night at Frederick's Portlock home. While many lament the death of Shivers, one of the city's guardians, they fear that sending Frederick to prison would only compound the tragedy. They've put themselves in his shoes and believe they, too, might have reacted the same way.

The city's police force will be on trial nearly as much as Frederick. While he will fight for his freedom, the department must battle for its reputation. The department's tactics, actions in drug raids and show of force have become a flash point for residents and civil libertarians.

It's easy, possibly reckless, to second-guess the department in the aftermath of the incident. It's also unavoidable. Why did more than a dozen officers raid the home, when Frederick had no prior criminal record? Why was it done at 8:40 p.m., in the dark, when Frederick had a regular schedule and could have been arrested entering or leaving his house?

Chief Kelvin Wright, through a spokeswoman, declined Thursday to comment about the trial.

A police spokeswoman told me the department has not changed the way it carries out drug raids since the slaying. It conducted 50 such raids in 2007 without incident, leading to dozens of arrests and quantities of narcotics seized. Police executed 59 drug raids last year. Obviously the department has had success; but at what cost, to both the safety of officers and the community at large?

If Frederick is indeed telling the truth - something difficult to verify - then a tragic series of events conspired to leave one man dead and another man behind bars for the past 12 months.

Many know the general outlines of the case: Police went to execute a drug warrant at Frederick's home, where they believed he was growing marijuana. Frederick, in interviews, said he was awakened by noise outside, didn't know police were there, and fired his .380-caliber handgun toward the entrance as a front door panel was knocked out. He contends he was wary because his home had been burglarized a few days earlier. Shivers was struck in the side, in a part of his body not protected by his bullet-resistant vest.

The incident has placed the city's police force under the most amount of scrutiny in ages. That spotlight will continue during this trial, one in which onlookers will be searching for answers: What actually happened? What precise role did informants play, and have police supervisors modified that role since the death of Shivers, a 34-year-old father of three? Prosecutors have said "more than one person, including the confidential informant in this case" had broken into Frederick's garage.

It's a difficult case, said Don Smith, director of the online criminal justice program at Old Dominion University. While he holds no sympathy for Frederick, the way in which the raid was carried out is troublesome.

"The public is a little bit queasy with all of that, the notion of [police] going through a door like that," said Smith, who has taught a class on the U.S. jury system for 25 years. "Do you want police to act this way when you have a relatively minor drug offense?"

No, I don't.

SomeGuy

Not really much news but VERY interesting look into the jury selection process.

Virginian Pilot Online

After delays, jury selection begins in Frederick murder trial

Posted to: Chesapeake Crime News Shivers shooting

By Tim McGlone
The Virginian-Pilot
© January 21, 2009

CHESAPEAKE

Jury selection in the murder trial of Ryan Frederick, charged with killing a detective during a drug raid, got off to a shaky start Tuesday when the first three prospective jurors said they believed the defendant must prove his innocence.

The law requires that prosecutors prove a defendant's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Those first three were removed from the pool of roughly 95 chosen for the case.

Jury selection will continue today. The case was delayed Tuesday morning when Circuit Court Judge Marjorie T. Arrington allowed a two-hour break to watch the inauguration of President Barack Obama.

Frederick, 29, is charged with capital murder in the Jan. 17, 2008, shooting of Chesapeake Detective Jarrod Shivers.

Shivers and other officers were serving a search warrant at Frederick's Redstart Avenue home, where they believed he was growing marijuana. Frederick is also charged with use of a firearm and manufacturing marijuana.

He will claim that the shooting was justified, that he believed his life was in danger when police burst through his door. He has said he did not know they were police.

Attorneys expected jury selection to be arduous given the intense publicity of the case.

Most of the initial jury pool said they had heard of the case, but it was their answers to questions about guilt, innocence and self-defense that drew concern among the lawyers and the judge.

One of Frederick's attorneys, James Broccoletti, asked the first three jurors whether a defendant needed to prove his innocence.

As all three nodded in agreement, Broccoletti raised his eyebrows.

"Because of the seriousness of the charge, you think he's got to step up to the plate?" he asked. "Yes," they answered, with one adding he would hope to hear from the defendant.

Defendants have an absolute right not to testify, and jurors are instructed not to assume guilt if they do n't.

After th e three potential jurors were dismissed, the attorneys reworded the questions.

Special Prosecutor Paul Ebert asked the next two groups whether they understood that the burden is on the prosecution to prove guilt and not the defendant to prove innocence. They all said they understood.

Several jurors were removed from the group after they said they had been victims of crime, including burglary.

Jury selection moved slowly through the afternoon. The attorneys said they hoped to have a 14-member panel chosen by today.

Frederick faces life in prison if convicted. Prosecutors decided not to seek the death penalty.

SomeGuy

I guess jury selection is over and opening remarks have begun. The prosecutions remarks are CLASSIC propaganda. He does his best to paint a picture of Ryan "Tony Montana" Frederick and alludes to the testimony from his jailhouse snitches.

Prosecution says Frederick was high, enraged on fatal night

By Tim McGlone
The Virginian-Pilot
© January 22, 2009

CHESAPEAKE

Ryan Frederick was "stoned out of his mind" and "in an angry, blind rage" when he killed a Chesapeake detective during a drug raid a year ago and later told a jail inmate that if he had more ammunition, "he would have taken them all down," a prosecutor told jurors Wednesday.

"He's over there" in jail "bragging about it. He thinks he's going to beat this charge," James Willett, one of three prosecutors, told the jury during opening statements.

Frederick's attorney later disputed the scenario, telling the jury there was no evidence Frederick was stoned and that he thought he was protecting himself and his home from intruders.

As the widow of Detective Jarrod Shivers sat in the second row, Willett described in great detail the scene that night at 932 Redstart Ave. in the city's Portlock section:

Two vans pulled up to the house about 8:30. Nine officers, with a battering ram, went to the front door. Another group went behind the house to a detached garage, where police believed Frederick was growing marijuana.

An officer banged on the front door, shouting "Chesapeake police. Search warrant. Open the door." He repeated that three times. The officers gave Frederick 25 seconds to answer - which Willett timed for the jury - before striking the door with the 40-pound steel battering ram.

Shivers, a 34-year-old father of three, was third in line, with his foot at the bottom step of the front stoop. Wearing a protective vest, his body was turned sideways, his gun pointed at a front window to his right.

Inside, Frederick was in bed with the television on. He usually awoke at 4 a.m. for work so he was typically in bed by that time of night. His dogs started barking. He reached for his handgun and headed toward the front door.

As he began to hear the banging of the battering ram, and then see an arm reaching in through a split in the door, he fired. His gun jammed and as he tried to unjam it, it fired again.

" 'Is this idiot shooting at us?' " one officer outside thought to himself, according to Willett.

Frederick's first bullet struck Shivers just above the vest and just below his shoulder, entering his body sideways and tearing apart arteries in his chest, Willett said.

The officers retreated, dragging Shivers to a neighbor's house. They called for Frederick to surrender, which he did. He dropped his gun and walked out with his hands up.

"It was that person, under the influence," Willett said, pointing at Frederick, "that executed this tragedy."

Frederick's attorney, James Broccoletti, told the jury a different version, saying there was no evidence Frederick was stoned that night and a detective will testify that Frederick was sober during questioning.

With his dogs barking and his television blaring, Frederick never heard officers yelling "police," Broccoletti said. Officers pulled up in unmarked vans and wore dark clothing. Frederick also never saw any police insignia. The word "police" wasn't visible on Shivers' clothing, he said.

"Who would think that was the police?" Broccoletti asked the jury.

He said Frederick didn't realize it was the police at his door until they told him to walk out with his hands up. E ven then, Frederick thought a neighbor had called 911 to report the intruder to his home.

"A man has a right to be free from intrusions in his castle," he said. Frederick "had no understanding or expectation that this is happening at the hands of law enforcement."

Police found no marijuana plants, scales or packaging material, just a bong and a baggie of marijuana that Broccoletti said was for Frederick's personal use.

Frederick was so fearful of another break-in to his home - he was burglarized two or three days before - that earlier that night he had purchased dead bolts for his front door, Broccoletti said.

Those burglars are expected to testify later in the trial. One or both were police informants.

During a heated argument Wednesday over the role of the burglars, Broccoletti asked Circuit Court Judge Marjorie T. Arrington for a mistrial. She is expected to rule on that this morning. If she refuses the motion, the first prosecution witnesses will testify.

swishaman

This is pretty sickening.

All that I can say really, this dude is going to get so boned for an entire incident which he had nothing to do with, or provoked in anyway.

Corrupt police.

SomeGuy

This is pretty sickening.

All that I can say really, this dude is going to get so boned for an entire incident which he had nothing to do with, or provoked in anyway.

Corrupt police.

Kinda appears that way but then again. If you follow the links to the Pilot and read the comments, he appears to have a large number of public supporters. Plus several of the OP-Eds are condemning the police tactics in the situation and likely causing normal citizens to rethink their priorities.

Whats interesting to me is that technically, police tactics are on trial here. There were several other methods that this could have been resolved, the cops chose the most violent and dangerous and it blew up in their faces.

Add in the fact that they were relying on dubious info from a burglar that was never charged, and they obviously tried to cover their asses by altering the scene and you have police corruption.

Whats disturbing is that these same tactics are being repeated at THOUSANDS of PD's across the country. If they lose in MD it sets precedent to shine a light that the folks we hire to protect us are in some cases more dangerous than the thugs we are supposed to be scared of.

GOONie

With all I have been reading lately, if any pig comes into my house without a warrant hes getting some lead thrown his way. Im thinking of putting a "all trespassers will be shot" sign on my house. Along with some surveillance cameras with sound, I think youd have some pretty good evidence of what really happened. God would that feel great, blastin some bacon, getting taken to court and have them lie about what happened, bust out the tapes of what really happened and sue the mother fuckers. Damn , youd basically be getting paid to shoot the fuckers. Sounds like a good investment to me

GOONie

To all who have been affected by this or are the ones in question/custody my prayers go out to you and i hope that only the best comes your way. Good Luck and keep your head up!

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
With all I have been reading lately, if any pig comes into my house without a warrant hes getting some lead thrown his way. Im thinking of putting a "all trespassers will be shot" sign on my house. Along with some surveillance cameras with sound, I think youd have some pretty good evidence of what really happened. God would that feel great, blastin some bacon, getting taken to court and have them lie about what happened, bust out the tapes of what really happened and sue the mother fuckers. Damn , youd basically be getting paid to shoot the fuckers. Sounds like a good investment to me

That's not the type of post that helps the image of cannabis growers and our community in general. Consider editing it out please.

whodi

Veteran
I'm assuming the cops were lieing when they said "we knocked on the door and gave it 25 seconds before we rammed in"

YA RIGHT.......... the fucknig door-to-door mormons tryign to preach don't even wait 25 seconds, fedex, mailmen... nobody does unless they are your friends or family...

Since when to do cops wait 25 seconds before they ram the door in when they suspect 'a serious drug crime' is gonig on.

25 secodns doesn't seem long but in realtiy it is...

Police" knock knock.. mr fredrick... (wait 25 seconds) then all of a sudden the cops bust it down and full on tactics.

I've never seen a full team of cops roll up and wait 25 seconds after knocking/yelling... that puts their lives in danger.

A

alpinestar

So the police gave a random person in jail a fake story to tell in court in order to get time off?

wow

Macster2

I'm assuming the cops were lieing when they said "we knocked on the door and gave it 25 seconds before we rammed in"

YA RIGHT.......... the fucknig door-to-door mormons tryign to preach don't even wait 25 seconds, fedex, mailmen... nobody does unless they are your friends or family...

Since when to do cops wait 25 seconds before they ram the door in when they suspect 'a serious drug crime' is gonig on.

25 secodns doesn't seem long but in realtiy it is...

Police" knock knock.. mr fredrick... (wait 25 seconds) then all of a sudden the cops bust it down and full on tactics.

I've never seen a full team of cops roll up and wait 25 seconds after knocking/yelling... that puts their lives in danger.

If you read back earlier many of the neighbors dispute the fact that the cops yelled anything at all, just started wailing on the door.

C

Classyathome

So the police gave a random person in jail a fake story to tell in court in order to get time off?

wow

You're not kidding, are you?

Jailhouse informants are just about exactly what you said - any rat that has been on the same floor as defendant will have a beautiful story to tell the leo (in exchange for time off, etc.). News travels fast - guys know who is who, and what they are there for.

One comment - "see ya, killer", and the rats are lining up for their chance.

It happens all the time - and the story always works for leo, and not the poor bastard that allegedly spilled his guts to a toal stranger.

So, ya - that's prob the way it happened.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
You're not kidding, are you?

Jailhouse informants are just about exactly what you said - any rat that has been on the same floor as defendant will have a beautiful story to tell the leo (in exchange for time off, etc.). News travels fast - guys know who is who, and what they are there for.

One comment - "see ya, killer", and the rats are lining up for their chance.

It happens all the time - and the story always works for leo, and not the poor bastard that allegedly spilled his guts to a toal stranger.

So, ya - that's prob the way it happened.

This is a good reason why if anyone is ever locked up for something serious like this, request to be placed in protective custody/solitary confinement/ etc. There's no way a "jailhouse snitch" will suddenly emerge at trial when you've been by yourself the whole time.

Latest posts

Latest posts