What's new

Another Crappy Day in Paradise..... Changes

oldhaole

Veteran
Sometimes I can sit down and it just flows....unfortunately, this ain't one of those times. Who would have thought people confined to their houses would consume even more weed than in normal times? Things are going gangbusters, and under these circumstances I can take no joy from any of it, at all. Since what your looking at is the very definition of a home business it's not like anything here has changed. If anything, I used the extra time at home to polish the garden up. This little trip is all very regimented, it's been done before, and it'll can easily be done again. What I can take some small measure of joy from is that everything is on schedule. Not counting the plague, we're right where we needed to be.

picture.php

Recently harvested garden with top removed. Call this the "before" pic.

picture.php

Tonight.... everything's done. This is the "after" pic.

If you want to do this right, you're gonna have to do some maintenance. These covers only last for three, maybe four years. They get dirty so every year they have to come down, and get spread out and scrubbed on my driveway, with Thompson's Waterseal. Do this every year and they will last, don't do this and the dirt builds up and blocks the sun. Either way, two of my three covers were due for replacement this year. One was done in January, and the other was done today. I also used this as an opportunity to lift the roof an extra foot. And then I replanted the patch. Then set the lights.

picture.php

this is gone....

picture.php

this Maui Passion is gone too.

So far we're right on schedule. This year I wanted to pull all four of my gardens twice, for a total of sixty plants for the year. So far two gardens have been completed, for a total of fifteen plants, two are flowering, once harvested both will be immediately replanted, and two are vegging. So I'm a quarter done, with a quarter of the year burned.... translated.... I'm right where I should be. Next up, about a month away, give or take, is this.

picture.php

T

TheForgotten

Wow

I'd type something but i'm busy drooling all over my keyboard.... :tiphat:

oldhaole

Veteran
Spring has Sprung....

Spring has Sprung....

Maui is sure different without the tourists.... and not in a bad way. Twenty-five thousand cars sit idle in the fields around the airport. And we wonder why the roads here are so messed up. Take away the touristas and keep everyone else cowering at their homes and these roads are empty. Beaches are empty too, it's illegal to kick back in the sun on the beach. Too funny, the cops were giving tourists tickets for sunbathing, and it seemed to me like the cops were enjoying it. We were kinda doing the same thing, but we know the system. Fishing is on the list of approved activities, so you just bring a pole with you and they won't bother you at all.

Back when I was younger, and things were all black and white, Maui had more to fall back on. Pineapple and sugar, and yes, pakalolo, were long term ventures and during hard times they were there, putting money into local hands. Now two of the three are gone, replaced by tourists to drive those twenty-five thousand rental cars. I think it's gonna take a little bit longer than the powers that be think to get it back to where it was before the wheels came off. Last thing on your mind is a vacation to Hawaii if you don't have a job. People have yet to look beyond the Coronavirus, and when they do I don't think they're gonna like what they see. There's a lot of scary shit out there.

But we aren't there, not yet. So we just keep dancing. Weather has been great!

picture.php

Out in the garden things happen as expected, at the normal rate. Two gardens are lit up, two are not. I took the time cowering at home to trim the takings from the six plants just harvested. Six plants, six pounds. This is about average for that time, for plants that size. As the days get longer the yields increase, and so does the average. With the bigger plants there is not the seasonal change in yield as the small plants. Small plants were a nightmare in Winter with an average yield of less than a qp. Same plant over Summer would yield three times that.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Next up, about three weeks away, is this. Seven plants, a Lemon Skunkdog, a Blue Dream, a Pink Gorilla' two Chem D's and two Scientist Diesels. You have to stay on top of it. There is a test coming, that test is called life. Gravity wants to have it's way with these girls and it's your job to keep it at bay. As they get heavy they flop over into their neighbors. Tie 'em up. Put'em where you want them, not where they want to be.

Spring is here and Summer is right around the corner. Summer means moths, which mean the little green worms will soon be out. Get the BT ready. Not yet, but soon....

now to the peanut gallery...

Art... Thanks for the thoughts, and all the effort, but have you ever heard of the expression pearls before swine? I'm old, thus have a mental block against anything.... what's the word?....newfangled! I have figured out if the sky is on the left it'll come out right side up. Remember left is right when I take the shot and it's all good.

TheForgotten... Thank you sir for those kind words.... and that mental image. I'd like to claim credit for all of this but I can't. It's not hard, and truth of the matter is that I live in a really easy place to grow great weed. What happens is not because of me... it's in spite of me. You want a laugh? Go back in my old growlogs and see how many times I fucked up. It's all in there, no mistakes edited out, from growing illegally in the cane, to getting ripped off, to spraying every plant I owned with Round-up and a ton more stupid shit. If you have some extra time, and who doesn't in this day and age, it's well worth what you paid for the ride....

Dirtboy808

Veteran
You are a lucky guy to have that place. Still wet as normal here. I'm finishing in 3 weeks also. I'll take a pic if you like see. Aloha DB

T

TheForgotten

I love it....

I would think that while you have great weather, it brings it's own set of challenges. Keep working hard, you're doing a great job.... :tiphat:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Molokai Frost weirdo

Molokai Frost weirdo

picture.php

Pods on the leaf and got seeds off one too lol
Was on Molokai too long

Last edited:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
BLR x Molokai Frost seeds ready, also some Truffle Shuffle flowers.
Where are the bud shots. Bust loose. Wrong guy lol But if you like shoots.