What's new

another coco grow

thc43

Veteran
howdy Get MO, shes a tricky one this rhino at times.

A few days on around 35 into flower the bigbuds are collapsing inder there own weight or falling to one side so ive started to stake the Bigbud plants. That has really opened the canopy up for lower light penetration. :joint:

A couple of Bigbuds before i decided to drop the cam and start staking asap, More to come in the next few days when i hit them with alot more PK. :jump:

Some local corn, same as the stuff i collected a few seeds from a couple of weeks ago.

jonnyhawk

Hey THC the sensi skunk that you grew awhile back. Was the Sensi Skunk or Skunk #1 as I was checking out. I read the the Sensi Skunk variety was for Greenhouse growing? Let me know. Thanks
Also how did you like the buzz on her. She yielded some beautiful furry buds.
-J

thc43

Veteran
Hi all.

long time no see, much online probs here after a storm took out my fencing, and cut my internet with a 4 week wait to reconnect followed byissues of allsorts

I managed to harvest well but didnt take many pics, Isnt much left(heavy puffer) but i think i can muster up a decent cured bigbud cob being my choice smoke not so couch locking.

Jonnyhawk, howdy mate

sensi skunk was the strain i grew out and maby should have kept a pheno or two, specially the males im guessing the resultng offspring wouldnt be too bad at all x with good fems.

Of late winter here ive been messing with a 3m2 space of bag seed, the aim is to cross stable males which i picked 3 (early trics with traits needed) to x with my well tested clones.

male 1 alittle stretchy fastest flower, ideal to back x to the bag seed fems aNd my white rhino.

male 2 very promising frosty 2 weeks into flower med strectch that could improve Bigbud lankyness.

Male 3 now5 weeks flower and pollen collected im seeing the odd pistle so i dont think her pollen will be going any where.

so far i have pollinated Bagseed male 1 and 2 x white rhino after two weeks pistles are few and seeds are showing, experimental clone was 10cm tall just checking if pollen was viable, tis but i need bigger plants = more seed

3 males i chose with minimal stretch and closer to the fems

Pollen collecting time

And here we haVE the fastest flowering fems more interested in the bigbud and white rhino xing. Nothing special here but there looking good 3 weeks on indoors now

every things happening fast AND Space was limited so ive moved the pollen throwing room to another location under a single 600wt 50% bud production for space giver (brother) and the other 50% will be pollinated. As my first pollen chucking attempt tagging each plant with what pollen is a must and reduced to 2 males will help at this stage im looking at getting upto 8 different xs maby more if i use both males pollen x with single fems.

Im at my bros now so ill get the cam out and post current pics :jump: then go about bringing this thread upto date :violin: ..

thc43

Veteran
the worst pic in this thread :fsu:

White rhino in the middle.

White rhino about 2 weeks since i pollinated WR x with males 1 and 2.

the female Bagseed same age as clones but flowering faster/ no stretch

Heres the bigbud im using later to make seed with

sorry rushed post in the middle of a lunchtime res refil :bashhead:

and a shared tray of 30cm Bigbud and white rhino flowering cuts that may also be pollinated if allowed :cuss:

later peoples :jump: and happy times all round

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
lil update here all.

Ive flowered and now tipped back the scrog grow of 80% bigbud
starting to worry :violin: space is fast disapearing.

day 28 tray + pollen chucking room.
After a week on canna boost all is well specially on the bigbuds

Females 1+2 from same bagseed as the males, stocky stretchless biatches early flower 'n frosting clustered plants indica dom forsure.

Mums + cuts.

New arival this week a white rhino cut from fellow grower, will be interesting to see if its the same 4 years since i gifted to him in his time of need. I suspect ive hurt my WR or maby mixed her up with another strain over the last year for the past 2 grows her traits have differed and there was a white widow in the mum room not long ago.

New arival this week a white rhino cut from fellow grower baby sitting his mum while away in Veitnam, china and KL, will be interesting to see if its the same 4 years since i gifted to him in his time of need. I suspect ive hurt my WR or maby mixed her up with another strain over the last year for the past 2 grows her traits have differed and there was a white widow in the mum room not long ago.

White rhino last grow

white rhino 18 months ago

what do we think peoples??

A. different strain again ive had a few and thrown most but want my original :dueling: WR back
B. just diff in method not tipped sog vs scrog in later pics
c. I Know I know U screwed the pooch thats white widow :jump: must have thrown the rhino when widow was ment to go to the bin

K

krushonkush

Thumbs up bro! Nice show! your garden is sweet.
I've missed to much....Must check back sooner next time.:D
Good luck on the WR hunt. Whatever you do keep us posted

krush

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
I really don't know how I look over these kinds of threads, you got some serious stuff going for you THC. I hope your pollen chucking brings you that keeper, I'll be doing some myself here soon as well. Peace man.

thc43

Veteran
White Rhino day 28 close ups, under a fresh globe that stocky rhino i remember is showing clearly from mid flower.

Welcome guys i hope to keep growing and consuming good clean weed in peace for a while good genes always welcome. Happy with what i have but always one eye open xing 1 or both clones opening the next generation of phenos will be interesting and an ideal next outdoor season project.

I need to do alittle clean up this weekend around the scrog garden removing lower growth and bringing the nutes + silica up to full dose. Around day 14 ill dose with canna boost for one week and again around day 28 as done in the tray grow. The stalk brought some fresh babies this week 2x white rhino cuts not fully rooted but alive time will tell if there is any differance or change in clones gifted years ago and current mums.

Day 10
canna coco nute 2.2ec/ Ph 5.8
Rhizotonic 4ml/ litre
Canna zym 2.5ml/litre
Canna Boost 2ml/litre
budlink 2.5ml/ litre.

:jump: :rasta: :jump:

thc43

Veteran
started collecting the seed this week from my mini clones i earlier pollinated.

white rhino x bagseed M

........... >>>>> ..............

Finally found a supplier of premium coco pucks seem to be quite consistant accross a few trays..

Around day 15/16 of the scrog the stretch is slowing and we have buduletts :jump: everywhere.

Excellent excellent grow thc,

im well surprised they ain't burning though with 2.2-2.4ec nutes, mine usually frazzle when i put it that high, same size plants too.

Me and Herby had the same thing happen to with our W/Rhino, dished her out for years in clone and then years later she comes back around, was exactly as i remembered her too.

Good luck buddy, got this 1 on subscribe

thc43

Veteran
Hi cheese chopper you must have alot of light and air for the plants to use the food. increasing ec 0.1 consistantly per res <slowly> through first weeks along with genetics would have abit to do with whats working for me drip fed iin coco with canna coco nute.

this bigbud is pretty robust my first grows in coco thinking more is better late flower with PK Ec levels often exceeded 3.0ec with no issues but was told by older growers at my first online home and later own trials that i can save $s get the same results with less food + would solve my blocked dripper issues. White rhino cant handle above 2.2 starts to purple and stunt or round off crowns but BB ive never burnt/ seen twisted leaves/ defficient or stunted. Most of the dutch strains ive grown seem to be light feeders i can remember not long ago burning pineapple phenos of sensi skunk at 2.0 which is basicly what i feed Bigbud clones in there first week under HPS.

Now with more plants (in past 1 or 2 plant per light) lesss veg the plants grow so fast there is no need to go any higher than 2.2 and 2.4/6 with all additives and pk at the peak of flower using Bigbud plants. Mums clones and OD plants all recieve watered down res water to 1.4ec.

its Spring time here now the weather is great, ideal for starting seedlings.:rasta: %$*k im ripped later all

:jump: :spank:

Im not sure if you got me right fella, i use canna coco and keep my strength at 10-1.2 early veg, 1.4 late veg, the 1.6-1.8 during flower and the only additives i use are Canadian express headmasta, even then i get a lil tip burn and thats with the uk cheese that can really handle her nutes.

Just surprised yours ain't burning with it that high, plus you're using a lot of nute aswell, what is the ec of your tap water?

I use 1200w light and got a fairly decent airflow if the 1st line of your reply is telling me that you need to have lots of light and airflow, thats the line that confused me, lol.

thc43

Veteran
cheese chopper,
Leaf tips and fresh growth are the best way to judge how much food any given plant at what ever stage can handle tip burn is ok but a sign the plant has more than enough nutes . My tap water is pretty bad my town has its own desalination plant 0.8ec compared to 20km away at a mates grow 0.3ec. bulk chlorine has recently been added to my water all new homes get water filters or a rebate. We constantly get letters asking if we can taste a diff in the water as they get the % of recycled/ desalination/ fresh rain water sorted. Ive been using Reverse Osmosis water 0.0ec for years now as it was quite important to have soft water in my early recirc grows but in coco it doesnt seem as important from time to time tap water has been used with no problems.

I hope this answers your Q basicly im growing like canna recomended back in 2000 i know they have lowered there recomendations in later years and maby reduced strength of certin products. ie 4ml per litre of A/B canna coco ( full dose) gives me 2.6ec. thats with silica, rhizotonic and canna zym that all give a slight ec increaSE.

first line of last post is a quote i here alot from i guess my mentor of sorts, plants cant use the extra light if water air and food isnt also increased. basicly these three/ four elements of growing go hand in hand if you up the lighting you will also need to up the air flow waterings and food.

happy growings

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
This is the end...and the beginning For the Boys a :fsu:

The males have become old and frail collected what pollen i could cloned then chopped the teens down.

Male 1

Male 2

Male 3 :nono: purple 16c Nights
all five seeds including females where slow growing without stretch..but this one took one some colour as the spring sun came out.

A few clones and the start of my final grow to finn around christmas :jump: :rasta: and new year.

GRoW uPDatE!
we've made it this far quite well without any hands on growing. After about 7 days into flower i removed lower branches on the plants i could reach. Today Ive moved the drippers 1/4 turn in each pot, flushed and started with a new res:
Canna coco nute 2.2ec
Rhizotonic 2ml per litre
canna Zym 2.5ml
silica 2ml
canna PK roughly 2ml increased ec2.4 /Ph6.0

Around Day 20
Buds have basicly formed so i can give them alittle PK and less of the coco fert.

:kos:

|THC43|

S

suckerrepellent

beautiful, even canopy. plants are coming along great :joint:

Last edited:
H

herbal essences

Thc bro absolutly a perfect grow hope to be on your level soon enough my question is you're watering to waste, where does your waste water go?

Latest posts

Latest posts