What's new

Anonymous and Milky Present NorCal Summertime Fun Time!

anonymousgrow

Why Hello Everyone,

So this year we are in a new spot and hoping for bigger and better things. Up in the beautiful mountains at about 2100 ft and 40 degrees N or so. My partner in crime, Milky, created a username so she will be joining us this year on the forums.

We got a new place that has been used to garden previously, which has its ups and downs. super good soil but they put their holes hella close together, we are currently thinking of combining the dirt from multiple holes and do fewer bigger trees. But please give me your opinion as you see the pictures. we will also be putting up a costco carport GH as well as playing inside until it gets hot out.

As far as strains, not sure yet. We have a lot of cuts available to us from either having them in our possession or having a close friend have them. And a few beans left to sprout also. So far we have sprouted BOG sour bubble, sohum seeds sour pineapple, gage green's pepe le dank and we still have a few more varieties that we need to pop.

Of the following lineup what do you recommend outside at our altitude and latitude?

Black Cherry Soda
Blue Dream
Blue Widow
White Widow
Mr. Nice Guy
Jedi OG
Toxic Punch
MK Ultra
Mendo Purps
Blackberry Kush
Chem x OG
Space Bomb
AK-47
Sour Diesel
Sour Tsunami
Banana Kush
Afgoo

and from seed
sour bubble
sour pineapple
pepe le dank

I figure I am going to just get everything i am even sort of interested in and grow a handful and worst case scenario i have a bunch of plants to give away.

We will try to keep things updated on here amidst the work to be done.

Here are a few pictures of the land and one pic of a blue widow flower indoors.

Attachments

• funtimes1.jpg
    funtimes1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 9
  • funtimes2.jpg
    funtimes2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 7
  • funtimes3.jpg
    funtimes3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0726.jpg
    DSCN0726.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 5

Nez

Whats up man,
That property has some potential. I like your idea of combining holes. If i were you id just til up all that ground where the old plants were and build mounds with new soil. You could do one row on the top tier and however many you can fit in two rows on the bottom tier. Just an idea, should be sweet anyway you do it especially with some of those strains

SunGrown

I'll follow along, I'm about 40 n also in the foothills.

I just finished setting up one of my gardens with the same problems. People before had holes way too close but with great soil. I took my big ass tiller down the rows to a depth of a foot deep and 6 feet wide. Before tilling we laid wheelbarow loads of perlite and more soil about every 6 feet down the rows and also added amendments and then tilled it all in. The native soil is fine to use so now we just have big ass long nicely tilled and amended beds. We will put a plant every 12 to 15 feet. I do mostly blue dream and my cut of chocolate chunk outside and they usually hit 12 feet round before September so they need the space.

Anyway, Good luck! And thanks for sharing!

McDank8O5

beautiful terrace ! the way those are spaced might make things get a little hectic when they start blowing up tho

anonymousgrow

I'm not going to using all the holes. I want to just level it and start fresh but that's time or money. And I need to just move forward. Hoping after the season to level it all and cover it in GH's. just started to pop more beans this morning.
Purple passion from sohum seeds; BMR, lifesaver, and bogglegum from bog; and daybreaker from gage green genetics. Hoping to find at least a few good winners. And now back to the muppets movie.

Ciao

anonymousgrow

Its been busy here between getting things ready for outside and taking care of the plants indoors. I had a bit of a PM issue on a couple plants but between foliars with potassium bicarb and with AACT+EM1 and the sulfer vaporizer it seems to be kicked into remission. Its been a game of find the killer cuts so lots of cloning and try to figure out which plants are the ones to keep around.

We have started to try out bokashi composting to make more food for the worm bins. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Also I made a little temporary hoop house on the front porch to keep some ladies in under the sunshine with a 1000w MH that extends light period to 24 hours per day.

All is well is the land of flowers and sunshine!

Attachments

• temp house1.jpg
    temp house1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 7
  • temp house2.jpg
    temp house2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 8

theJointedOne

Veteran
nice update

remember to bring down the supplemental light hours in the Gh as you approach planting. Going from 24 to natural time even in june could throw some stuff into flower early.

tagged

anonymousgrow

Hello all! It's been a while, things are good here, just super busy. Sorry for the neglect icmag friends. We got two costco carports to use as greenhouse months ago and we got one of the two up in early May and had intended on getting it set up as a light dep that i could be pulling tarp on by middle of this month but it turned into just more space for weeding through seedlings to get rid of the unwanted males. We have decided to not use the second one and will just have the one greenhouse that will more than likely get depped but not for all that much earlier of a harvest.

All in all, we now have the plants we need for outdoors and most of the plants we need for the greenhouse. We are putting some in 30 gallon smart pots in the greenhouse and the rest will either end up in an outdoor hole or given away. Now for some pics. Here are some pics of the costco greenhouse chillin right now.

Attachments

• joonferst1.jpg
    joonferst1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 5
  • joonferst2.jpg
    joonferst2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
  • joonferst3.jpg
    joonferst3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 7

anonymousgrow

Here are a few pictures of some plants in holes. I am hoping to get the rest of them in the ground today. I still have to then set up the irrigation lines. For the mean time its just garden hoses pumps and gravity, Here is a pic of the 300 gallon airlift tea brewer we built, it works like a charm. The half assed shade cloth seems to keep the direct sun off enough that for now the tea is happy even after a hot day. We will see if that lasts into the summer. If anyone wants i can take better pics of the tea brewer. And the last pic is our water storage. summertime fun time is here!

Attachments

• joonferst8.jpg
    joonferst8.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 8
  • joonferst7.jpg
    joonferst7.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 6
  • joonferst6.jpg
    joonferst6.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 6
  • joonferst5.jpg
    joonferst5.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 7
  • joonferst4.jpg
    joonferst4.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 6

anonymousgrow

Happy days on the farm.

Happy days on the farm.

Life is Good up here!

all the ladies were in by june 1st, my original goal was june 10th but i am happy to be ahead of my goal. The ladies look good. not much to report there. Though there are tons and tons of lady beetles and larvae around the garden. check out the larvae pic i took.

Attachments

• hkserf4.jpg
    hkserf4.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 6
  • hkserf3.jpg
    hkserf3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 5
  • hkserf2.jpg
    hkserf2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 6
  • hkserf1.jpg
    hkserf1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 6

talktosamson

Veteran
Looking good. So what lineup made it into the ground? I hope you put one cherry soda in there.I grow it at my property, and don't understand why people don't utilize it more. Its got the look and the smell. That's usually all you need with outdoor.

anonymousgrow

Veg, Thanks for the welcome, I love it here. A lot more than Butte where i was previously. Though from what I here there are some corners of this county that are pretty gnarly too.

As far as what made it into the ground, Blue Widow, Black Cherry Soda, Blue Dream, Sour Tsunami(supposedly the nearly 0% THC, and 14% CBD cut) Afgoo, Sour Pineapple, The Church, Mendo Purps?(rather what was sold to me as a clone as mendo purps but after flowering indoors is in my opinion no way mendo purps, tasty and good to put you to sleep any time of the day though) Pepe Le Dank, Daybreaker, Blackberry Kush, Blue Moon Rocks, and Bogglegum.

And in my perfect imagination land they will all finish at slightly different times and ill have a crew to trim them as they dry all timed out as they are cut down one by one.

OLDproLg

Veteran
NOW YOUR COOKIN........

looks like mendo's shelf set up,but yours are in ground!
Cool huts an all and the strains to boot...
THEY SHOULD FLY!!
Lg

anonymousgrow

Ladies are doing just great!

Ladies are doing just great!

Howdy everyone,

Here are some updates from the hill.
Everything is doing just great. As of yesterday i have a couple ladies that are just passing me in height (6 foot). I got the drip lines only partially set up, i have been just using the garden hose. I need to finish that project and then mulch the holes.

A neem spraying not too long ago didn't get emulsified well and burnt up a couple plants where the thicker oil settled, i took a pic of the worse one.

Attachments

• werf1.jpg
    werf1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 6
  • werf2.jpg
    werf2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 5
  • werf3.jpg
    werf3.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 6
  • werf4.jpg
    werf4.jpg