What's new

Ann Arbor information please

k-s-p

Veteran
just to pop in again...last week on the local news they mentioned that grand rapids made a top 15 list for cities. Dont know what specifically the list was for, but they mentioned lits of jobs and i think the lowest unemployemnt in mi. Iv heard great things about that city here and there. Just to mention. Peace

Thank man, I have to spread it around a little more before...:)

If you going to grow, stay in Washtenaw Co.

Brighton and Pinkney areas are in Livingston co. Livingston is still trying to be tough on mmj. They got a point to prove still.

It is pretty known that wayne county is the most liberal county in the SE michigan. And if you are in the know, there are several communities in the area that are licensing us.

Sure Ann Arbor is beautiful and a nice place to live but its expensive.

Bay city is nice, but they are not as progressive. Genesee County is nice, but again, there just arent as many people there that are for the industry.

I would stick to wayne county, or washtenaw. definitley not oakland, even though they have disp.

For the west coast, I cant say, but I posted this article in the Mi news section they are moving right along. Might I mention that 5 cities in all passed similar legislation to Grand Rapids 6 months ago now...

http://www.mlive.com/news/grandrapids/index.ssf/2013/05/6_months_after_the_vote_mariju.html

It's funny to see how welcoming the Michigan people are in a thread like this. Not so much like that when people post about moving to other MMJ states...

Good luck bro!

mowood3479

Veteran
I lived in Ann Arbor for awhile.. I think it is a very special place.. I really liked the Michiganders I met.. Good people's

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Hello K-S-P,:tiphat:
just watched a documentary movie about British Columbia and in a second, in the background I saw this and made a screenshot. :biggrin:

picture.php

k-s-p

Veteran
Thanks guys, I'm sorry I haven't been around to the thread but I've been scrambling to find something to do and been out and about a little bit. Great info and I'm learning a lot more about what's what. It's a big damn state and views on our flower differ accordingly.

It's true that for the most part Michiganders seem more open than Californians and Coloradans but like Paladin said (and thanks so much for that) I'm a Michigander...just displaced and trying to get back home.

Peace everybody and thanks so much for the kind and informative responses. You folks are awesome.

Fluxcap

Come back man, their is plenty of room for another competent grower.
If you want to plant some roots in Ann Arbor, stay close to the city. You could commute, but at least get a spot in Washtenaw county. I would avoid Oakland county if at all possible, it is not near as friendly to the herb.

Ypsilanti, is not all to bad, and the has it's own decent neighborhoods, mixed in with crime ridden areas. Dexter on the other side of AA is another great spot, more of a small town vibe. Depends what you want to be around, college kids and everything that goes with that. Or a slower town with more of the great Michigan outdoors, where "the trees are the right height".

k-s-p

Veteran
Right on :yes:

I've been busy last month or so just looking for something, no good words yet in MI.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Right on :yes:

I've been busy last month or so just looking for something, no good words yet in MI, so I swing back and forth, thinking about working someplace else for a year or so to get some scratch together. Also ready for the paradigm shift.

I'm still holding hope for a thing or two in northern MI and the UP, fingers crossed. Would love to just make the jump to the UP and get down to it.

you know any good old iron mines up in your old stompin grounds??

lookin good for grows..at least the state thinks so;)

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Haha, was out for drinks with a local detective last night talking all things growing. Was funny(and nice)to hear just exactly how little they(A2 LEO) care about all things MMJ related.

k-s-p

Veteran
you know any good old iron mines up in your old stompin grounds??

lookin good for grows..at least the state thinks so;)

I saw that, funny stuff.

Haha, was out for drinks with a local detective last night talking all things growing. Was funny(and nice)to hear just exactly how little they(A2 LEO) care about all things MMJ related.

Right on, it has to be a great place to live. I haven't gotten any favorable attention yet for jobs in AA though. I'll keep my lines in the water though.

vertigo0007

I know mostly old copper mines. Are you talking about the ideas for growing in the underground mines, like the Canadians wanted to come and do?

Right on, it has to be a great place to live. I haven't gotten any favorable attention yet for jobs in AA though. I'll keep my lines in the water though.

1TokeRedeux

Pittsfield is notorious for harrassment of mmj patients. A friend was caught in a traffic stop because he cruised through an amber light on a left turn. No problem for most drivers but when the Pittsfield cops saw his clones being transported and subsequently his Pt/Cg card they charged him with 0-tolerance. Not the only person, Pittsfield patients are organizing a class action suit against the township....IMO once you get into the university system and network with caregivers/patients you should have a great time...

1T

vertigo0007

Wait, isnt pittsfield twp the only place you CAN get a "zoning compliance permit" for an op? Or is it just the home growers that are getting fucked w? The reason i ask is my buddy lives in pittsfield twp and less than a month ago got a knock from pitts police. Stupid fucking asian neighbor had dropped a dime. Cops knocked, he let them in, they counted, they left, no problem. And hes in a CONDO!

There are many places that give you licenses, they just don't advertise that fact. I know of some at least in washtenaw, wayne, macomb, and oakland. Some force you to get a license if you go over so many plants like 24 or something or if you have so many patients living in a house

Latest posts

Latest posts